Pax waiting

John Doeeeeeeee

Lol its funny when you get a ping and you wait like 2-3 minutes before driving to them and they cancel or they get all upset and say the app said 3 minutes and it took 10. Its pretty interesting to see that most ppl really only care about themselves and are so into themselves.

How long you guys wait for pax? Lyft pax almost always on time and are 5x better.

Mikki2

Lol its funny when you get a ping and you wait like 2-3 minutes before driving to them and they cancel or they get all upset and say the app said 3 minutes and it took 10. Its pretty interesting to see that most ppl really only care about themselves and are so into themselves.

How long you guys wait for pax? Lyft pax almost always on time and are 5x better.
I always wait. But I also haven't seen my five bucks ever so might as well lol

manuella

It depends , if I'm in an area with surge may be a minute or two then I move on

If I have parking and there is no surge , I browse this lovely forum to catch up with you guys while 5 minutes counts

Downtown with no parking or in the mission where I am in the bike lane , the most they get is 30 seconds unless it's a surge ride.

I know it's annoying but most PAX have no clue how annoying it is or the uber app hasn't even told them you are waiting but even what's crazier is that a few rate you poorly if you call them immediately you arrive lol

Working and Driving

Pretty much how I operate, although it varies greatly depending on each ride. Very seldom do I call, I do text after about a minute of waiting.

It depends , if I'm in an area with surge may be a minute or two then I move on

If I have parking and there is no surge , I browse this lovely forum to catch up with you guys while 5 minutes counts

Downtown with no parking or in the mission where I am in the bike lane , the most they get is 30 seconds unless it's a surge ride.

I know it's annoying but most PAX have no clue how annoying it is or the uber app hasn't even told them you are waiting but even what's crazier is that a few rate you poorly if you call them immediately you arrive lol

nash801

i wait 2 and 5mins for Pool and X to collect the fee.
When pax make me wait, i give,them 4 stars or less.
but you have to watch uber for that cancel fee as many times they dont pay it!!! and who has time to record notes of each trip while we drive?

Geo la

Cancel 2 pool ride yesterday after the 2 minute wait. didn't get pay the m both. one of the trip didn't even show in my trip history. . .. what a Jack off

Strange Fruit

Cancel 2 pool ride yesterday after the 2 minute wait. didn't get pay the m both. one of the trip didn't even show in my trip history. . .. what a Jack off
Same thing for me. I canceled 2 in a row on the same pool chain. Forgot to check until I saw your post. I just did. I did the math to make sure they weren't added in with out being listed. Nope. The app still has a timer, and it turns red to say cancel to collect fee (or maybe it didn't say the collect fee part anymore, I didn't actually read it yesterday). :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Most times when I try to send a report through the trip report, it says "there was a problem, try again". If I restart my phone it sometimes works. Then I have to retyped message, cuz anything text you copy gets lost when you restart. And there is no place to report. They're going to ask for the correct pickup and dropoff location of the trip, and it will be ten replies before it ever gets addressed. But here I go.

social_lubericant

Ya, I screenshot the cancel screen before cancelling... surprisingly, or not, it still wasn't "sufficient" enough amount of info for support. only paid 1/7 "no shows" for single day.

UberAnt39

As soon as you stop at the Pin, if pax isn't right there, do 2 things, every time.
1. Start your phone's timer. On iPhone 6 or 7 just press the clock icon and select start timer. It will start at the same count as last time you ran it, i.e. 5 mins. (I don't do Pool so I don't have to change it to 2 mins.)
2. Text the pax, use a shortcut you prepared earlier, e.g. ubto which says 'Hi this is Tom, your Uber driver, I'm just outside." You have to do this cos Uber's usual incompetence is probably showing pax you're still x mins away. And they only update the app anyway, they don't txt them you've arrived, like Lyft do.
If the timer hits 0, cancel for rider no show, even if pax called/txt'd you during the 5 mins with whatever lie/drivel they come up with.
I've always got the $3.75 except for the odd ahole who's called Uber to whine that I said I would wait for them or some such crap.

dtsexpert

IMG_2687.PNG
IMG_2687.PNG
If you have iphone, search for "timer +" app
Look at the screenshot I have for Pool, X and Lyft HG guarantee

LoveHateThisJob

I literally tap my app when I am a block away. I hate waiting, but it's apart of this business.

If you wanted to be HARSH about it, you could always give PAX who don't show up right away a 4-star instead of 5-stars.

UberAnt39

View attachment 71630 View attachment 71630 If you have iphone, search for "timer +" app
Look at the screenshot I have for Pool, X and Lyft HG guarantee
That's a handy app. If anyone else installs it just note that it automatically grants itself "Use Cellular Data" permission so it can display ads, so you'll have to allow that or disable cellular data for it and accept the nag screens about cellular data being off or upgrade to the Pro version.