Pax tried to scam me

bradinca

So I was hanging out at the honda center after the WWe event, I took off select only and decided to take some X rides since it was dead.

I get a ping at the honda center right away, The kid gets in and says I need to make 2 stops, he says he will request a new ride once he gets what he needs to get in norwalk, and I said you can dod that however you may get a new driver if your grabbing something.

So after 25 mins we arrive at the dot, right away the PAX is telling me to Complete the Trip even though I'm sitting at a red light.

I advised him he must exit the vehicle and be ok with me ending the trip at this point, I said if your trying to go somewhere else let me know now before Ie nd it.

He then says you need to complete the trip now, just swipe it.

He then tells me he's trying to make the fair cheaper, and wants me to drive him he rest of the way as a uberPool, I advised him I can let him out so I can complete the trip and he can request a new uber pool if he really wants.

Orange county does not have uber pool, so basically he had me take him to the LA county boarder so then he could try and force my hand and give him uber pool rate all the way to San Fernando Valley, no thanks, I would have bene out past 1 am with all the extra pings.

He then tells me after completing the trip that there is no uber x, pool, or elect rides available in this area, once again not my fault your trying to be cheap and beat the system, I advised him if he wants to request a x or select I would be happy todo it but we are not going to downgrade the ride halfway though, I told him I rather be home sleeping at this point, and I have completed the original trip.

He then asked me to drive around without being paid at all until he can locate a Uber Pool ride, I advised him I can bring you to the gas station around the corner for safety reasons but I cannot drive mourned aimlessly without ti being logged, as its a liability, and thatI can be pinged for other fairs and would prefer to be offline as of now.

before he gets out he request a uber pool anyway from me, and I said I am going offline and will not accept it, at this point this person is just pissing me off, I refuse to let someone take advantage of me in my car. He ask me why I can't accept it and I said I already advised you why.

I then let him out at the gas station and said sorry buddy but that not how uber works, you can try requesting a lyft if no uber rides are around, but I've completed you trip request and will be going offline, I'm to tired.

He †hen rated me 1 star, which I contacted uber about already. ( I have allot of 5 stars so it didn't do much)

Has this happened to anyone else?

It's like the equivalent to someone requesting a surge ride, have you take them out of the surge zone and then try to make you drive them the rest of the way without a surge.

Pax are crazy, we already get robbed by uber as it is.

Bobby Flay

If a selfish child in the shape of an adult gets in your car, it's imperative you abide by his rules and give him lots of options. Yes I'd love to take you to your destination. Of course we can work something out. I'd love to help you lower your fare, but I'm unwilling to drive for uber pool rates. I'm terribly sorry, but you got the wrong guy. I really want to help you out, but I've made a commitment to my car and myself to only drive for over $1 per mile. If I accepted the pool ride for you, I'd be helping you out, but I'd be breaking a commitment I made to myself and I would be full of resentment. So I'm really sorry. I think you are a great guy, and super clever for figuring this system out so well, but I'm not going to be able to take you less than $1 per mile. I do hope you understand and have no hard feelings.

bradinca

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
he was 19 to 21 range, for sure, had a scruff, I assume if he has signed up for uber and has a credit card he is over the age of 18, however i know kids try to scam that system as well, I have a habit of calling someone a kid who's immature like this.

Although he knew what he was doing, and I believe the way he was acting that he's preformed this on newer uber drivers before, we're always so customer service focussed trying to please everyone, but I knew not to fall for it, as he's basically trying to take money out of my pocket directly.

I reported it to uber they said there going to assign this for someone to look into and keep an eye out for the an email within 48 hours, as I'm pretty sure this is against there own TOS.

I was very polite with him though out the ride too we;re talking about wrestling and stuff, but I refuse to do a random favor a stranger I would of had to drive right though LA, I can't imagine how many additional pool request would of posed up I would of bene out all night making poverty levels and receiving bad ratings.

He got pretty aggressive about me trying to take the pool ride too, his tone changed and was not asking me but commanding me to accept it he said now tap to accept, i just told him i can't. and so it went on.

Old Smokey

If he was under 18, you shouldn't have been driving him in the first place, its now against California law to give rides to unaccompanied minors.
I have been telling the high school fares for about 5 weeks that there is a new law thanks to Sacramento, there is a chance they will encounter a driver that may not take them. Both platforms not just FUBER.

UberIsAllFubared

he was 19 to 21 range, for sure, had a scruff, I assume if he has signed up for uber and has a credit card he is over the age of 18, however i know kids try to scam that system as well, I have a habit of calling someone a kid who's immature like this.

Although he knew what he was doing, and I believe the way he was acting that he's preformed this on newer uber drivers before, we're always so customer service focussed trying to please everyone, but I knew not to fall for it, as he's basically trying to take money out of my pocket directly.

I reported it to uber they said there going to assign this for someone to look into and keep an eye out for the an email within 48 hours, as I'm pretty sure this is against there own TOS.

I was very polite with him though out the ride too we;re talking about wrestling and stuff, but I refuse to do a random favor a stranger I would of had to drive right though LA, I can't imagine how many additional pool request would of posed up I would of bene out all night making poverty levels and receiving bad ratings.

He got pretty aggressive about me trying to take the pool ride too, his tone changed and was not asking me but commanding me to accept it he said now tap to accept, i just told him i can't. and so it went on.
You are much nicer than I would have been, and I am very customer friendly... but good for you sticking to your guns. Once you decide to not do it, you know you are getting a 1 star, so screw it.

mandreyka

Mistake 1. Hanging out at Honda center
Mistake 2 Thinking you will get a decent select ride from the wwe crowd

Mistake 3 dripping down to X with no surge.

As soon as he wanted to end the trip pull over as fast as possible and tell him to get out then end it.

Don't try to be nice to these idiots , they will know you are weak and take advantage of you like he did.

You need to let them know who is in charge right from the get go, you already know the 1 star is coming so say something like this...... " no worries, I will trade you 1 stars all day. It won't hurt me , but good luck getting a ride now ". Let them know when you see their 1 star you will return the favor.

CaptainJackLA

You did it right. Never happened to me, but you had a lot more patience that me.

I would have told the punk to GTFO.

I don't end trip until they are out too, not when they tell me to.

Good job.