Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

PAX tried to burn me on two trips.

1K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Dekero 
#1 ·
This past Friday Night I get a notice from Uber that a trip was adjusted from $9.45 to $0.00 because I picked up the wrong rider. I knew right away this was BS. I look at the trip history and see this trip was a Sauturday 2 weeks ago and also realize that I picked up the same PAX the next day Sunday 2 weeks ago.Low and behold the trip was also adjusted from $10.04 to $0.00 for picking up the wrong rider with no notice from Uber. So I fired a dispute off to them on both trips. Let them know the rider was lying that it would be nearly impossible to pick up the same person at their home address, in a gated community, and take them to two separate places and both times if it was the wrong rider. I also let them know I had dash cam footage of them walking out of the house where the request came from and of the entire trip taking her to her destinations each day.

No response at all from Uber by 3 PM Sunday. So I followed up with a please provide me with the Passengers full name and phone number as I was filing criminal theft of services charges with the local sheriff department. At 4:17 PM Sunday the $9.45 trip was adjusted from $0.00 to $10.99 and the $10.01 trip was adjusted from $0.00 to $11.58.

So I guess Uber agrees with me more than the rider. Wonder how many more times this rider pulled this scam? She is providing care for an elderly person, wonder if the family members would be interested in knowing she is a dishonest person.

I really feel like going back to the house and confronting this not so nice lady.

See less See more
#5 ·
I also wonder why both trips were adjusted to a figure higher than the original amount to me? Makes me wonder it this is the additional money Uber had built if for up front pricing or something and their system paid it to me on the disputed rides.

To me it takes balls for her to do it on back to back trips. Maybe she did not remember I was the same driver on both trips.

#3 ·
I might send a letter to the house hold detailing what occurred. So they can know the type of person they have in their employ. No confrontation needed. And also you will file charges against her the next time this happens. If they would like to let her know that.

The thing that pisses me off about this the most is Uber doesn't first inquire with the driver with what happened for our side of the story. How often does this happen where they don't re-adjust the fare back to the driver? Sure some drivers don't fight it. And for the person to make 2 accusations, doesn't that send a red flag with Uber that the passenger is pulling something?

#4 ·
I might send a letter to the house hold detailing what occurred. So they can know the type of person they have in their employ. No confrontation needed. And also you will file charges against her the next time this happens. If they would like to let her know that.

The thing that pisses me off about this the most is Uber doesn't first inquire with the driver with what happened for our side of the story. How often does this happen where they don't re-adjust the fare back to the driver? Sure some drivers don't fight it. And for the person to make 2 accusations, doesn't that send a red flag with Uber that the passenger is pulling something?
If I had to guess I would say the way Uber's system is set up is so that every claim is automatically granted unless the driver protests, that is under some arbitrary number like $20.

this way they don't need as many eyes (payroll) on it.

I mean if it's a legit scam the driver would let uber know and then uber will deal with it then as Op'a story shows.

otherwise they don't technically lose any money...

but they have a resolved issue and a happy rider.

Reactions: Bluto1899
#6 ·
I agree, I think there is an element of automation to it, along with some ceiling for number of complaints that they automatically grant.
As far as why the numbers were higher when they gave the money back, I'm guessing they use their up front price estimator. I selected problem with fare once, was looking for a place in their menu hell that I could write a comment and accidentally triggered a fare recalculation . The computer gave me 2 extra bucks! They are a terrific technology company.

#10 ·
This past Friday Night I get a notice from Uber that a trip was adjusted from $9.45 to $0.00 because I picked up the wrong rider. I knew right away this was BS. I look at the trip history and see this trip was a Sauturday 2 weeks ago and also realize that I picked up the same PAX the next day Sunday 2 weeks ago.Low and behold the trip was also adjusted from $10.04 to $0.00 for picking up the wrong rider with no notice from Uber. So I fired a dispute off to them on both trips. Let them know the rider was lying that it would be nearly impossible to pick up the same person at their home address, in a gated community, and take them to two separate places and both times if it was the wrong rider. I also let them know I had dash cam footage of them walking out of the house where the request came from and of the entire trip taking her to her destinations each day.

No response at all from Uber by 3 PM Sunday. So I followed up with a please provide me with the Passengers full name and phone number as I was filing criminal theft of services charges with the local sheriff department. At 4:17 PM Sunday the $9.45 trip was adjusted from $0.00 to $10.99 and the $10.01 trip was adjusted from $0.00 to $11.58.

So I guess Uber agrees with me more than the rider. Wonder how many more times this rider pulled this scam? She is providing care for an elderly person, wonder if the family members would be interested in knowing she is a dishonest person.

I really feel like going back to the house and confronting this not so nice lady.
Take a dump on her front porch.

#12 ·

LET ME PULL UP TO THAT HOUSE WITH MY CAMERA!!!

#15 ·

I've had them try to stiff me on the money and not even tell me before
The only way I found it was
looking at the daily trip history ...

#16 ·

Just wait for her to be your pax again. Roll down the window on arrival and give her a piece of your mind then drive off.

If done right you should have a cancellation fee before you're done telling her the many ways that she is a dumb ass.

#19 ·

Would Uber ever provide a passenger's information for any purpose including filing theft of services charges?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.