Pax told other uber driver asked to cancel the ride while waiting

John S

I picked a passenger at today and she said while she is waiting another uber driver approached her to cancel the ride and request new ride so that he can get the ride request.
What a pathetic approach by this insane driver ? Good that Pax refused to do that .

BostonTaxiDriver

Yeah, sleazy.

Some cabs will try to jump the taxi line or steal my fare at a hospital.

Sounds like Uber drivers can be as low class as some cabbies.

livinloud89

I picked a passenger at today and she said while she is waiting another uber driver approached her to cancel the ride and request new ride so that he can get the ride request.
What a pathetic approach by this insane driver ? Good that Pax refused to do that .

What's wrong with that?

sporadic

I was parked on a street on my Eats-only profile. A guy gets beside my car and looks at his phone, so I get out and ask him if he's looking for an Uber. He says yes, so I ask him where he's going... He's going partway my distance, so I agree to take him. Log off Eats-only and log on to my X profile, he sends out a ping at 1.6x... It goes to someone else 3 min away. I ask him if he wants to cancel because the other driver is only 3 min away, and he decides to. Repings me, and when the ping hits me it's at 2x surge...

Would have been happy to let the guy 3 min away pick him up, but somehow he decided that he didn't want to wait 3 min.

Still got 5* for that, not too bad.

Euius

It's technically the same crime as taking roadside hails to prompt riders to request over the app, but in such circumstance it's unlikely they're undercover cops

sporadic

True that. But then again, what about having a friend who has to fly in and out of the airport for work, and asks you to Uber him there and back because his company reimburses it? It'd be like a roadside hail too eh? Unfortunately on the days of travel it wasn't surging :frown: Would have loved a 3x surge, company reimbursed.

It's technically the same crime as taking roadside hails to prompt riders to request over the app, but in such circumstance it's unlikely they're undercover cops

John S

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's wrong with that?
Initial pax ping came to me and they are waiting for driver to come and this rogue driver comes seeing them waiting and ask them
to cancel so that he gets the request . What about driver who already started and on his way through traffic ?