1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax told me yesterday

Discussion in 'Advice' started by twnFM, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:56 AM.

1. twnFM

twnFM Active Member

They only used Lyft because Uber drivers were too much like Taxi drivers. M having a hard time digesting that comment because I have idea what the pax is talking about. Is the a stigma attached to Taxi drivers? Just curious.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. grabby

grabby Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just point at the Uber sign next to the Lyft sign on my window

Julescase, tohunt4me, SuzeCB and 5 others like this.
  3. MadePenniesToday

MadePenniesToday Well-Known Member

You will hear a lot more BS of what riders think about Uber/Lyft drivers. Unless it's an issue I feel the need to correct them, I just let them rant on.

Julescase and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Scott Thatcher

Scott Thatcher Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Same, I always think "Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night"

RangerBella and unPat like this.
  5. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    That's a sign that uber quality of service is slipping to the level of the taxi companies.

And lyft hasn't.. yet

6. PickEmUp

PickEmUp Well-Known Member

That statement is a result of your pax buying into the marketing by Lyft. The fact is, most drivers are on both platforms.

SalCoughdrop and tohunt4me like this.
  7. twnFM

twnFM Active Member

I drive both and have 4.9 ratings on both platforms. I didn’t really get the comment. I actually hear very few negative comments about Uber, or Lyft for that matter. I make and hear way more negativity from the drivers than pax. We all know why that is.

whiskeyboat likes this.
  8. PickEmUp

9. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  10. whiskeyboat

whiskeyboat Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Low pay means you gotta work every angle and sweat every fare. Over time that's going to make drivers a little cranky. You get what you pay for.

Julescase and tohunt4me like this.
  11. cratter

cratter Active Member

Uber was cool. When it was new, and you thought it was cool when you got to show off how cool you were cause you knew about and took Uber.
    Now your grandparents take Uber and its no longer cool.

Lyft is now the cool one.

Taxi drivers were known for being foreign born and usually not very good at English. When Uber started it was not very "taxi like" in most situations. But now the demographic is changing.

12. PickEmUp

Pax can argue that he paid for a service and that service was not complete. Tha will hinge on whether or not the driver ended the ride officially with the app. There are many options less harsh than punching. Besides, my issue with the whole situation is the driver not being rejected for prior violent incidents. I am speculating that this driver is no angel and exacerbated the situation to the point of violence.

13. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Let me ask you something...

If you were in the back of someone else's car... Someone you didn't know personally... And they told you to get out and then proceeded to get loud about it, indicating that the situation is escalating in this close, enclosed space, and that this person is probably coming unhinged, right or wrong, why would you stay in the car?

GTFO and call a cop to get an incident report, then report to Uber/Lyft/Uncle Moe's Rideshare Experience to get your money refunded and keep all your teeth in the process.

No, the driver shouldn't have been allowed on the platform with that background. Checkr effed up big time. I'm not defending that by any means (although I'll ber someone will still insist I am).

Either they're our cars, our rules, or they're not. We don't have to take crap from the passengers, and they don't have to take any from us. The remedy is to end the ride and passenger exits thw vehicle.

WTF was the pax doing fighting about the DRIVER'S radio station anyway? He hired a ride, not entertainment. He had no rights to it, and lost any rights he had to even be in the vehicle as soon as he was told to get out.

Julescase likes this.
  14. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

I would get out and make sure not to walk in front of it !

Saltyoldman and SuzeCB like this.
  15. PickEmUp

You either did not read the articles or you are trying to create a strawman argument. The driver GOT OUT of his vehicle to punch the passenger, then the passenger fell to the ground. Driver could have driven away. He chose to exit the vehicle and escalate .

16. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are partially correct. I did only a quick skim of the article. Thank you for correcting my error.