1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax told me yesterday

Discussion in 'Advice' started by twnFM, Dec 7, 2017.

1. They only used Lyft because Uber drivers were too much like Taxi drivers. M having a hard time digesting that comment because I have idea what the pax is talking about. Is the a stigma attached to Taxi drivers? Just curious.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. I just point at the Uber sign next to the Lyft sign on my window

Julescase, tohunt4me, SuzeCB and 5 others like this.
  3. You will hear a lot more BS of what riders think about Uber/Lyft drivers. Unless it's an issue I feel the need to correct them, I just let them rant on.

Julescase and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Scott Thatcher

Scott Thatcher

Driving:
    UberX
    Same, I always think "Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night"

RangerBella and unPat like this.
  5. Mars Troll Number 4

Mars Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    That's a sign that uber quality of service is slipping to the level of the taxi companies.

And lyft hasn't.. yet

6. I drive both and have 4.9 ratings on both platforms. I didn’t really get the comment. I actually hear very few negative comments about Uber, or Lyft for that matter. I make and hear way more negativity from the drivers than pax. We all know why that is.

whiskeyboat likes this.
  7. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
  8. whiskeyboat

whiskeyboat

Driving:
    UberX
    Low pay means you gotta work every angle and sweat every fare. Over time that's going to make drivers a little cranky. You get what you pay for.

Julescase and tohunt4me like this.
  9. Uber was cool. When it was new, and you thought it was cool when you got to show off how cool you were cause you knew about and took Uber.
    Now your grandparents take Uber and its no longer cool.

Lyft is now the cool one.

Taxi drivers were known for being foreign born and usually not very good at English. When Uber started it was not very "taxi like" in most situations. But now the demographic is changing.

10. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Let me ask you something...

If you were in the back of someone else's car... Someone you didn't know personally... And they told you to get out and then proceeded to get loud about it, indicating that the situation is escalating in this close, enclosed space, and that this person is probably coming unhinged, right or wrong, why would you stay in the car?

GTFO and call a cop to get an incident report, then report to Uber/Lyft/Uncle Moe's Rideshare Experience to get your money refunded and keep all your teeth in the process.

No, the driver shouldn't have been allowed on the platform with that background. Checkr effed up big time. I'm not defending that by any means (although I'll ber someone will still insist I am).

Either they're our cars, our rules, or they're not. We don't have to take crap from the passengers, and they don't have to take any from us. The remedy is to end the ride and passenger exits thw vehicle.

WTF was the pax doing fighting about the DRIVER'S radio station anyway? He hired a ride, not entertainment. He had no rights to it, and lost any rights he had to even be in the vehicle as soon as he was told to get out.

Julescase likes this.
  11. I would get out and make sure not to walk in front of it !

Saltyoldman and SuzeCB like this.
  12. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    You are partially correct. I did only a quick skim of the article. Thank you for correcting my error.