Pax thought I was drunk-easy cancellation fee

Initial D

So at around 11:50PM-12AM I’ve drove around 2 minutes to the pax location and when I’ve arrived pax signals me to open my trunk to store bag.

The pax enters the back and we greeted each other/verified our names. I began the trip and the pax says that my car smelled like alcohol and believed that I am drunk. I told the pax that I was sober and the scent was from my previous pax.

The pax still didn’t believe me and told me that the pax was uncomfortable having me as the driver and I allowed the pax to cancel. I gladly opened my trunk for the pax to get the bag out and cancel the ride. I didn’t even need to convince the pax that I was sober nor did I need to continue talking to the pax.

After the pax cancelled and ordered another Lyft, I double checked the trunk to see if the pax planted something illegal in there, brushed the dust off my shoulders and drove off with a $5 cancellation fee.

I can’t wait until Lyft deactivate me for this. I haven’t drank since 2 years ago at my brother’s and sister-in-law’s wedding. I’ll use the money to buy myself some soju (sarcasm intended).

Lyft-O-Maniac

So at around 11:50PM-12AM I’ve drove around 2 minutes to the pax location and when I’ve arrived pax signals me to open my trunk to store bag.

The pax enters the back and we greeted each other/verified our names. I began the trip and the pax says that my car smelled like alcohol and believed that I am drunk. I told the pax that I was sober and the scent was from my previous pax.

The pax still didn’t believe me and told me that the pax was uncomfortable having me as the driver and I allowed the pax to cancel. I gladly opened my trunk for the pax to get the bag out and cancel the ride. I didn’t even need to convince the pax that I was sober nor did I need to continue talking to the pax.

After the pax cancelled and ordered another Lyft, I double checked the trunk to see if the pax planted something illegal in there, brushed the dust off my shoulders and drove off with a $5 cancellation fee.

I can’t wait until Lyft deactivate me for this. I haven’t drank since 2 years ago at my brother’s and sister-in-law’s wedding. I’ll use the money to buy myself some soju (sarcasm intended).
Low lifes..

Remind passengers that other people are in the car.. In DC I frequently get paxs who smell like Marijuana.. They literally smoked before getting in the car..

It lingers.. I open all windows, spray cologne and run AC on high for a few minutes..

Also, hand sanitizer will cause the car to smell like that.. I've been pulled aside at police checkpoints after cops smelled hand sanitizer thinking it was alcohol..

Good luck

ZenUber

Interesting. I guess you could carry around a breathalyzer to prove your sobriety to pax, but it would be a bit demoralizing. I think I would have asked them what it was that made them think you were drunk - smell, or behavior? You know, just so you could work on it for the next time. Sounds like they probably just heard a bad story about another driver and were maybe a little paranoid about it.

The more I drive, the more I hear stories about other drivers. I've never been a rider, but I see they way they drive out there. I have to admit, I'm a little afraid to get into one myself. Imagine your worst pool riders becoming drivers. Yikes!

I don't know about Soju, but I once had 2 slushy drinks at a club before somebody to me it had vodka in it. I had no idea. And I was working that night.

Lunger

I'll chip in for a combat bottle.

Initial D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting. I guess you could carry around a breathalyzer to prove your sobriety to pax, but it would be a bit demoralizing. I think I would have asked them what it was that made them think you were drunk - smell, or behavior? You know, just so you could work on it for the next time. Sounds like they probably just heard a bad story about another driver and were maybe a little paranoid about it.

The more I drive, the more I hear stories about other drivers. I've never been a rider, but I see they way they drive out there. I have to admit, I'm a little afraid to get into one myself. Imagine your worst pool riders becoming drivers. Yikes!

I don't know about Soju, but I once had 2 slushy drinks at a club before somebody to me it had vodka in it. I had no idea. And I was working that night.
It's probably because of the eye bags in my eyes. I'm studying really hard for finals and sleeping lesser than normal. Or when I spoke, I didn't seem to have the energy to speak loudly and clearly with my voice (as a rideshare driver, I don't eat well enough).

Last edited:

NotanEmployee

Yeah, whenever anyone stinks up my car its windows down and i explain to next pax why they are down. I let them decide if they want the stench or not. Another reason i dont pick up drunks. I really do try to air out between pax but sometimes things need more air.