Pax that promise to tip in app

joebo1963

Every day I have a couple, they think they're slick, "I'll take care of in the app" well today I had 2 more, 5:40 am a $2.65 ride, pick up just a half mile from my condo....well I email Lyft to give her a 1, lets see who picks her at 5:40 in the future....

another by central beach, @@@@@ came out at the 4:40 marker, she knew the deal...she was watching the clock...another $3 ride....she promised to tip via the corporate card....yeah...I gave her a 1 too...never wanna see either again...

then I had 2 great tips, one guy going fishing gave me $10 cash and $5 in app just for stopping so he could buy lunch....another 2 guys gave me $10 and a free meal at beach restaurant they own...these are the type of pax that make this gig worthwhile... the lousy commuters in the am and pm that use Pool and Line like the public bus are the miserable rides.....had 4 in a row at 7 am I declined and Lyft put me offline...

Ardery

Every day I have a couple, they think they're slick, "I'll take care of in the app" well today I had 2 more, 5:40 am a $2.65 ride, pick up just a half mile from my condo....well I email Lyft to give her a 1, lets see who picks her at 5:40 in the future....

another by central beach, ***** came out at the 4:40 marker, she knew the deal...she was watching the clock...another $3 ride....she promised to tip via the corporate card....yeah...I gave her a 1 too...never wanna see either again...

then I had 2 great tips, one guy going fishing gave me $10 cash and $5 in app just for stopping so he could buy lunch....another 2 guys gave me $10 and a free meal at beach restaurant they own...these are the type of pax that make this gig worthwhile... the lousy commuters in the am and pm that use Pool and Line like the public bus are the miserable rides.....had 4 in a row at 7 am I declined and Lyft put me offline...
how do you know they wouldn't have tipped you on the app? some passengers don't get around to rating or tipping til a little later.

I think you're a swine for giving out 1 ratings bec people MIGHT NOT tip. tipping is optional. not compulsory. maybe if you were a better driver.

who knows, I don't know you. but I know and read about drivers like you in the hundreds.

your own personal goal as a driver... is to hand out 1 stars like tic tacs.

::::rolling eyes::::

joebo1963

how do you know they wouldn't have tipped you on the app? some passengers don't get around to rating or tipping til a little later.

I think you're a swine for giving out 1 ratings bec people MIGHT NOT tip. tipping is optional. not compulsory. maybe if you were a better driver.

who knows, I don't know you. but I know and read about drivers like you in the hundreds.

your own personal goal as a driver... is to hand out 1 stars like tic tacs.

::::rolling eyes::::

Not true I only 1 star those pax because they specifically promised to tip. If they just would of said thank you bye I would not have done that and didn't yesterday to my other riders

The ones that promise know they they have short shit rides and or were late. I may go have breakfast at that diner I dropped her off and leave her no tip. That's a lesson

Jesusdrivesuber

My app tip was stolen by Uber yesterday.

I think hey are tipping and Uber is just taking it, I forgot to record proof of it.

When I asked support, they told me "We can confirm no tip was included on the fare", I saw it myself... it was 10 bucks.

Next time, I am recording this and not asking support about it, I am going straight to a law firm with it.

Kodyhead

My app tip was stolen by Uber yesterday.

I think hey are tipping and Uber is just taking it, I forgot to record proof of it.

When I asked support, they told me "We can confirm no tip was included on the fare", I saw it myself... it was 10 bucks.

Next time, I am recording this and not asking support about it, I am going straight to a law firm with it.
I checked twice and the tips went through both times, i wonder if it's possible by tracking gps on both phones since i was still in the car when I added the tip, vs lets say the driver left and had some distance between us and then gave the tip.

I doubt it though honestly, as scummy as uber is this would be awful

Jesusdrivesuber

I checked twice and the tips went through both times, i wonder if it's possible by tracking gps on both phones since i was still in the car when I added the tip, vs lets say the driver left and had some distance between us and then gave the tip.

I doubt it though honestly, as scummy as uber is this would be awful

Yeah, they are probably measuring distance before they steal it but if that were the case, they messed up on mine ( not unusual for Uber ).

Jufkii

another by central beach, ***** came out at the 4:40 marker, she knew the deal...she was watching the clock...another $3 ride....she promised to tip via the corporate card....yeah...I gave her a 1 too...never wanna see either again...

Dropped a pax off at a bar.Said he would like to tip me but unfortunately he is dead broke right now. Maybe next time though if I get him again. This after I first waited for him at a Western Union where he then came out with a big wad of cash stuffing in his pockets the rest of the ride. He did promise me 5 stars as well.Not sure if he did that either.

JSM0713

Screenshot_20170929-120324.png
I am no rookie.... I have over 3,000 rides. I do deliveries with Uber eats and I do ok with that. However, I let a smartass young lady snooker me out of the cost for a stinking cigarette lighter. She texted me during the delivery asking I buy her a Bic lighter while in transit to her location. Her request is in writing, but when I delivered the food, she claimed not to have cash, but rather she would pay me through the app in the tip section. You guessed it, nada in the tips for that ride. I waited 24 hours and I wrote Uber to complain about this little POS, I doubt I will recover the stinking $2.15 for the lighter, but I resent this little sh*t thinking she can get away with this BS and hope Uber notes this in her record as a scam artist. Of course, this is the last time I do this.... period. Her name is Amanda in Miami Lakes area.

mweiss10

View attachment 163015 I am no rookie.... I have over 3,000 rides. I do deliveries with Uber eats and I do ok with that. However, I let a smartass young lady snooker me out of the cost for a stinking cigarette lighter. She texted me during the delivery asking I buy her a Bic lighter while in transit to her location. Her request is in writing, but when I delivered the food, she claimed not to have cash, but rather she would pay me through the app in the tip section. You guessed it, nada in the tips for that ride. I waited 24 hours and I wrote Uber to complain about this little POS, I doubt I will recover the stinking $2.15 for the lighter, but I resent this little sh*t thinking she can get away with this BS and hope Uber notes this in her record as a scam artist. Of course, this is the last time I do this.... period.
I learned a long long time ago don't do anything for anybody unless they pay you cash up front