1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax taking advantage of 5min wait time

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by FuberNYC, Jan 7, 2017.

?
  1. 5 minute

6.5%
  2. 2 minute

36.0%
  3. Wait time should be added to the ride

57.6%
  1. FuberNYC

FuberNYC Well-Known Member

I've had so many pax showing up right before my timer hits 0
    Wait time should be 2min just like pool or else these riders are not going to ever change.

Had this lady yesterday calling me right after she requested her ride to tell me it would take her 5 min to come down. Shows up after 7 min with 5 oversized luggage. I am pretty sure, she gave me a 1 star rating after I told her she should have ordered XL and requested the ride once she was at the lobby.

Hadoius, JasonB, sarasota and 5 others like this.
  2. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wild guess. No tip either.

Ms.Doe and Damiannn like this.
  3. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

When they try to do this to me I'll sometimes wait until they're reaching for the door to open it, then pull away and no show them. If they want to waste my time then I waste theirs and take some of their money.

4. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Why did you not cancel at 5 minutes?

You enabled her selfishness.

jjfad, DexNex, Ms.Doe and 28 others like this.
  5. FuberNYC

Bingo

JTR likes this.

6. FuberNYC

LOL, I'll try that next time

7. FuberNYC

It was boosting 1.5X. Got the request 2 minutes before the boost was overo_O

Ms.Doe, Spike72 and HPClays like this.
  8. Damiannn

Damiannn Member

Riders are aware that we have to wait 5 min before we can leave & still be compensated for the time & effort. I'm under the impression that some of them deliberately make contact between 4-5 min to say they are on their way out of the building just to keep the driver waiting there, even though they aren't showing up. I've had several "riders" do this to me.

Don't wait anymore. Even if you see them at 5:00, the app asks them to be ready when they request a ride. They wasted 5 min of your time that you will not be compensated for. Waste their time & take their money. Don't wait for people who are trying to screw us over. Uber doesnt make it worth it for us & they enable pax to screw us more.
    Dont wait. 5 min is all you need to wait to take their money & find your next ride.

Spike72, GLOgli615, sarasota and 9 others like this.
  9. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    They (the customer) pulls the same crap to us taxi drivers. I've had to sit 10 minutes in front of someones house waiting before, then have them cancel, and get nothing, or worse, a $4.20 cab ride.

Believe it or not, thanks to uber, these sorts of delays have dropped significantly and now 80% of them or so are out in under 5 minutes. I honestly think i have uber to thank for that LOL

germainebell, DexNex, Ms.Doe and 5 others like this.
  10. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

And it wasnt worth it. Never drive desperate.

DexNex, Ms.Doe, EX_ and 2 others like this.
  11. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

If you work full time, you can spend an hour waiting some days.

GLOgli615, elelegido and brendon292 like this.
  12. tucstwo

tucstwo Active Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    In my market, after 2 minutes Uber starts charging then. I know, big deal a whole $0.54 for 3 minutes of waiting but then after 5 I can and do cancel and leave. But it should be just like pool, 2 mins or you're beat. No show fee should be higher as well.

13. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I've done the 'lesson' cancel.
    Meaning, I know they get 5 mins, but after driving 10-12 mins to go get them, they weren't ready?
    I cancelled after 3 mins and left (when I knew there were no other cars available nearby).
    Want to waste my time? We'll both have times wasted!

Spike72, kcdrvr15, sarasota and 4 others like this.
  14. t5contra

t5contra Well-Known Member

My wheels start rolling around 4:30

15. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

I've got the five minute no-show thing down to science.

• I start my stopwatch the second the app acknowledges I've arrived.
    • I put my car in park, I send one text saying: "Out front. Black honda civic".
    • If the PAX is calling or texting me excuses I don't respond, just read/listen.
    • At 4:30 I prepare an educational text message about respecting the drivers time.
    • At 4:45 I send that text, lock my doors, and begin rolling away slowly. If the PAX is chasing after me, I drive just fast enough that they can't keep up. If they do happen to catch up, I do not unlock my doors under any circumstance.
    • At 5:15 I cancel no-show (I allow a buffer just to make sure Uber doesn't screw me)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  16. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There are times it pays to wait. Early mornings people order Uber to go to the airport. They're afraid that they won't find anyone if they wait till they're ready so they stalk the app and request whenever they see a car. It's worth it to wait.
    If they make me wait, I cancel as no show on Monday or Tuesday mornings, then have them re request me, as they're likely business travelers not paying for the ride, and the cancel fee is my "tip" for waiting for them. Perfectly within the rules as I'm allowed to cancel after 5 minutes.

Uber315, sarasota, JimS and 3 others like this.
  17. A_Driver

A_Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've don't that. Canceled, collect my fee, and got the same ping again. I find it hilarious.

Doowop, skytessa, Shangsta and 6 others like this.
  18. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I will usually wait 10 minutes but I hide my aux cord and mints before they enter. I leave out the water - I'm not a monster

cdm813, DSB, HPClays and 3 others like this.
  19. Darrell

Darrell Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    If I saw that happen I would literally laugh myself into a stroke. :D

DSB, ryan137 and MidKnightHer like this.
  20. GalinMcMahon

GalinMcMahon Active Member

Is it awkward? I've always logged off and driven away.

Spike72, Shangsta, DSB and 4 others like this.