PAX snapping fingers while approaching pick up

Bujee69

So Saturday night I started off in the west end of the city and went to my first call of the evening. It was a house pick up just off Rogers rd. As I started to approach the destination I could see the PAX standing on the curbside of the house with her hand out, snapping her fingers at me demanding exactly where to be picked up. So given the interesting situation I was in I decided to slower than normal roll up to her, roll down my window and give her a "finger" of my own, and then drove off ! Some people think they are someone special, riding in an already discounted service. Since I've started driving I have not let one rider speak down to me or treat me like a slave. I hope everyone on here would have done the same and do not condone this type of behavior ! Respect ourselves first, and the rest will follow.

Actionjax

I would say you have thin skin. Who cares what they do outside your car. I care when they get in. You also missed an opportunity to give them a low rating.

In the end I am taking their money. Long as they are respectful during the ride I could care less what they do outside. You can't change bad behavior with people. Again long as they are respectful inside the car that's what matters. They will all talk bad behind your back.

Bujee69

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would say you have thin skin. Who cares what they do outside your car. I care when they get in. You also missed an opportunity to give them a low rating.

In the end I am taking their money. Long as they are respectful during the ride I could care less what they do outside. You can't change bad behavior with people. Again long as they are respectful inside the car that's what matters. They will all talk bad behind your back.
I agree to extent in regards to your opinion. However I believe actions speak louder than words, they are acting like this outside of the car, chances are they going to be even more unpleasant once they are in the car.

I come from the automotive trade where we always have to have thick skin, but in this particular case respect is KEY.

observer

The driver also missed the opportunity to RECIEVE a low rating. Someone that disrespects you by treating you as if you were an animal will not give you five stars.

He did the right thing by not picking up the pax.

uberpoolfool

You can't change bad behavior with people. Again long as they are respectful inside the car that's what matters. They will all talk bad behind your back.
You sir, deserve to have a pax puke on your wreck, but only outside, because its inside what matters.
Also, stop by fire hydrant and bang your door against it.....
Stop by bike lane and have a cyclist hack off your mirrors..........because, its only inside what matters.....duh

Actionjax

You sir, deserve to have a pax puke on your wreck, but only outside, because its inside what matters.
Also, stop by fire hydrant and bang your door against it.....
Stop by bike lane and have a cyclist hack off your mirrors..........because, its only inside what matters.....duh
Won't happen....I can keep control of my car both inside and out. The issue here is being rude. Not causing damage. Rude people don't cause any physical damage. And if your Ego is damaged because someone is rude, then you probably have some growing up to do.

Bruce55

So Saturday night I started off in the west end of the city and went to my first call of the evening. It was a house pick up just off Rogers rd. As I started to approach the destination I could see the PAX standing on the curbside of the house with her hand out, snapping her fingers at me demanding exactly where to be picked up. So given the interesting situation I was in I decided to slower than normal roll up to her, roll down my window and give her a "finger" of my own, and then drove off ! Some people think they are someone special, riding in an already discounted service. Since I've started driving I have not let one rider speak down to me or treat me like a slave. I hope everyone on here would have done the same and do not condone this type of behavior ! Respect ourselves first, and the rest will follow.
Respect is key and if she was acting like a stuck up entitled Pax from the get go, which it sounds like she was, you did the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

painfreepc

If you go back and read some of Actionjax post from months ago you will find out he is also an entitled passenger, don't pay him any attention,

I would suggest that you not give passengers your finger or say anything to them just cancel and move on..

painfreepc

Anytime anyone give you any sign of disrespect before they get in your car always cancel them unless you are not going to meet some type of incentive or something,

I will cancel and drive away from people that do the following:

It's a busy highway there's room for me to pull up curbside, but instead of a customer waiting at curbside, customer step out into the street causing me to hold up traffic, I will cancel and drive away,

that's just me that's how I roll..

If you think I have low ratings because of my attitude, you're very much mistaken, I am 4.94 on Lyft, you don't get high ratings by catering to people who disrespect you..

Last edited:

Actionjax

Anytime anyone give you any sign of disrespect before they get in your car always cancel them unless you are not going to meet some type of incentive or something,

I will cancel and drive away from people that do the following:

It's a busy highway there's room for me to pull up curbside, but instead of a customer waiting at curbside, customer step out into the street causing me to hold up traffic, I will cancel and drive away,

that's just me that's how I roll..

If you think I have low ratings because of my attitude, you're very much mistaken, I am 9.4 on Lyft, you don't get high ratings by catering to people who disrespect you..
you are a 9.4? Didn't know BS went that high. :smiles: