Pax sitting front and dead silent all the way

Hell yeah !

Would you request uber, jump at the front sit, dead silent, looking at your phone all the way? I hate it, and i think its very awkward! People who sits front are usually chatty and fun to talk to. Nicer pax even asks if its ok to sit front

Quester

I know several very introverted people who get carsick riding in the backseat. They would always ask to ride in the front but what seldom talk to anyone that they did not know.

JCHeights

I really don't care but last night I had a 30 minute, 25 mile drive and dude was nice enough but never said anything. NBD but does feel a bit weird. Turned the radio to NPR once the Astros game ended to hear the first reports in from DAL. A bit awkward listening to that with a young guy from Nigeria.

Hell yeah !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really don't care but last night I had a 30 minute, 25 mile drive and dude was nice enough but never said anything. NBD but does feel a bit weird. Turned the radio to NPR once the Astros game ended to hear the first reports in from DAL. A bit awkward listening to that with a young guy from Nigeria.
I can imagine. But Nigerian people are good people. Very friendly and no matter how strong is their accent while talking english, they dont give a shit.haha

wk1102

I know several very introverted people who get carsick riding in the backseat. They would always ask to ride in the front but what seldom talk to anyone that they did not know.
It doesn't make it any less awkward and uncomfortable.

It always weirds me out when they sit up front and don't talk, I had one kid stare at me the whole ride and not talk, answered my questions with one word. It was creepy, like it rubs the lotion on its skin creepy.

tripAces

Better then the guy I had one time. From Dixie Farm Rd to S Shepherd /59. Had to stop 3 times for car sickness. He had this real bad. He had a friend on speaker phone trying to take his mind off things.

UberDriver72

I really get annoyed when lone riders want to sit in the front passenger seat, but then clam up after the formal, mutual exchange of greetings...for the whole ride (sometimes as long as an hour, on a few occassions). Very awkward. If I suspect that this might be the case, I even go as far as to try to "accommodate" them by suggesting that they get in the back seat if they want to be more comfortable...(I know that I sure as hell would be). They've always said no, in my experience and so would commence the uncomfortable journey ahead.

Caplan121

Had a ride from Kemah to Katy like that. Tried to be friendly in the beginning but every question I asked was just a simple one word answer so I gave up talking. So I just put on some music that I like and just forgot the couple in the back

UberDriver72

Had a ride from Kemah to Katy like that. Tried to be friendly in the beginning but every question I asked was just a simple one word answer so I gave up talking. So I just put on some music that I like and just forgot the couple in the back
Like beating on a dead horse...

UberDriver72

It doesn't make it any less awkward and uncomfortable.

It always weirds me out when they sit up front and don't talk, I had one kid stare at me the whole ride and not talk, answered my questions with one word. It was creepy, like it rubs the lotion on its skin creepy.
Sounds like Jeff Bridges in Starman.
june2011-photo17.jpeg

UberDriver72

Not sure if asking the next rider that's gonna do that on a long trip if he would mind getting in the back seat, might affect my rating or receive a complaint from said weirdo..