Pax showed up at my house, iPhones are going out the window from now on!

ACHUMA

I've always been good about returning important items left in my car to pax like phones, keys, IDs. I understand mistakes happen & nobody is perfect but thats probably gonna change after what happened to me today.

Pick up drunk couple late last night, take them home to Mesa, drunk idiot drops his iPhone on floor, a few rides later pax finds it & gives it to me when I'm not near Mesa anymore.

I contact Uber after my shift letting them know I found it because thats what I'd want someone to do for me and also because I'm assuming I will make some extra $ returning it like all the other times I have.

As I'm sleeping they keep blowing up my phone but I ignore it and will contact when I'm awake and its convenient for me.

Well guess what...at about 12:15 in the afternoon this jackass SHOWS UP at the front door where I live and starts tapping the door bell. This godamn jackass tracked his phone thru an app and figured it would be ok to show up un-invited to where I live!

I am still half asleep and tell this bozo straight up "I dont like the fact you just showed up here like this, did Uber give you my address?" He starts apologizing and explains how he tracked his phone and "omg thank you so much blah blah".

I was so annoyed this dipsh!t didnt just wait until I got back to him and arranged a place & price to meet and get his phone back. And of course the cheap weirdo didnt leave me a tip in the app. What a surprise.

Should I report him to Uber for this? I thought about it but figured it would be a waste of time and they'd just tell me that "you wont be matched again" bullsh!t.

As a result of this from now on anybody who does not contact me right away about a lost phone in my car is going to be spending a lot of time either tracking their phone down or signing up for a new one because thats the end of me being Mr Nice Guy. Thats the first time I've had to bring a phone home with me and the last time!

Rsabcd

I've always been good about returning important items left in my car to pax like phones, keys, IDs. I understand mistakes happen & nobody is perfect but thats probably gonna change after what happened to me today.

Pick up drunk couple late last night, take them home to Mesa, drunk idiot drops his iPhone on floor, a few rides later pax finds it & gives it to me when I'm not near Mesa anymore.

I contact Uber after my shift letting them know I found it because thats what I'd want someone to do for me and also because I'm assuming I will make some extra $ returning it like all the other times I have.

As I'm sleeping they keep blowing up my phone but I ignore it and will contact when I'm awake and its convenient for me.

Well guess what...at about 12:15 in the afternoon this jackass SHOWS UP at the front door where I live and starts tapping the door bell. This godamn jackass tracked his phone thru an app and figured it would be ok to show up un-invited to where I live!

I am still half asleep and tell this bozo straight up "I dont like the fact you just showed up here like this, did Uber give you my address?" He starts apologizing and explains how he tracked his phone and "omg thank you so much blah blah".

I was so annoyed this dipsh!t didnt just wait until I got back to him and arranged a place & price to meet and get his phone back. And of course the cheap weirdo didnt leave me a tip in the app. What a surprise.

Should I report him to Uber for this? I thought about it but figured it would be a waste of time and they'd just tell me that "you wont be matched again" bullsh!t.

As a result of this from now on anybody who does not contact me right away about a lost phone in my car is going to be spending a lot of time either tracking their phone down or signing up for a new one because thats the end of me being Mr Nice Guy. Thats the first time I've had to bring a phone home with me and the last time!

Next time, power the phone down away from your house. The phone will ping that location and it will be stored with Apple or whatever. She the owner runs find my iPhone it will show that location.

ACHUMA

Next time, power the phone down away from your house. The phone will ping that location and it will be stored with Apple or whatever. She the owner runs find my iPhone it will show that location.

Thanks for that info. I was not aware it works like that as I've never owned or used a iPhone. I will keep that in mind if it happens again. I dont want to toss someone's phone out but I also dont want pax showing up unannounced at my residence while I'm sleeping. Unless it was a cute female pax wanting to have some fun, then I wouldnt have a problem with that! :wink:

Jdemonto

Thanks for that info. I was not aware it works like that as I've never owned or used a iPhone. I will keep that in mind if it happens again. I dont want to toss someone's phone out but I also dont want pax showing up unannounced at my residence while I'm sleeping. Unless it was a cute female pax wanting to have some fun, then I wouldnt have a problem with that! :wink:

x2 power it down problem solved! Return at your convenience

Phxdriver

You should have tipped him a buck and five star him.

ACHUMA

he aint charging him either so you know he was the one who paid!

Oh ok you think you're cute now?

Got my eye on you, pal.