• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax said this...

JPthedriver

I just had a ride in Carlsbad, CA and when I called the lady after she took her time to come out she was walking out and saw my truck. With her Scandanavian accent she goes "sorry I can't get into a truck, I'm going to an elegant restaurant and I will not show up in a truck." She then proceeded to tell me that I cannot use a truck for Über. Obviously I can or Über wouldn't of approved it lady. What an idiot pax. I complained and hope she gets canned from the app but probably won't LOL.

Another Uber Driver

"If you want a limousine, order Uber Black and pay limousine rates. If you are going to take the cheap way out, you are going to get that for which you pay."

Too many Uber users want limousine service at METRObus rates.................then there are those who expect limousine service for less than the subway; they call that Uber Pool.

saucy05

I just had a ride in Carlsbad, CA and when I called the lady after she took her time to come out she was walking out and saw my truck. With her Scandanavian accent she goes "sorry I can't get into a truck, I'm going to an elegant restaurant and I will not show up in a truck." She then proceeded to tell me that I cannot use a truck for Über. Obviously I can or Über wouldn't of approved it lady. What an idiot pax. I complained and hope she gets canned from the app but probably won't LOL.
I'll be honest, when i order an X i'm not expecting a truck. Trucks should have their own category to help people move stuff at a much higher rate than X. How do you even make profit driving that for x rate?

Stray cat

I once picked up a woman for Uber X in my former 2003 Honda Civic last year from a swanky Center City hi-rise. Naturally, she was the type to stay in her apartment until my arrival in an illegal "valet only" type space, then call to confirm I'm really there, then take her time waiting for elevator down.

Lady comes out wearing a long fur coat and ball gown and gets into my pos Civic! Drove her one mile to a swanky hotel function.

I wanted to turn left to pull up curbside for her to exit my right rear seat where she's sitting. She insists I go straight on one-way street and pull up to curb on driver's side. Against my better judgment, I obliged, doubting she'd slide over to get out driver side. Sure enough, she flings open rear door and steps into passing traffic. Smh. No need to ask rhetorical question whether she tipped.

D Town

I'll be honest, when i order an X i'm not expecting a truck. Trucks should have their own category to help people move stuff at a much higher rate than X. How do you even make profit driving that for x rate?
I like that idea however with the rates you pay for Uber X all I want is a safe ride from point A to point B in a vehicle not infested with some sort of vermin and I'm thankful if I get that. I don't care if its a truck.

D Town

I once picked up a woman for Uber X in my former 2003 Honda Civic last year from a swanky Center City hi-rise. Naturally, she was the type to stay in her apartment until my arrival in an illegal "valet only" type space, then call to confirm I'm really there, then take her time waiting for elevator down.

Lady comes out wearing a long fur coat and ball gown and gets into my pos Civic! Drove her one mile to a swanky hotel function.

I wanted to turn left to pull up curbside for her to exit my right rear seat where she's sitting. She insists I go straight on one-way street and pull up to curb on driver's side. Against my better judgment, I obliged, doubting she'd slide over to get out driver side. Sure enough, she flings open rear door and steps into passing traffic. Smh. No need to ask rhetorical question whether she tipped.
Wait...you drove the wrong way down a one way street because a pax insisted you do so? Send me all of your money. Now. I insist.

SEAL Team 5

Uber Moving? Hell, at $.15 a minute who wouldn't haul a houseful of furniture up and down 3 flights of stairs.

Old Rocker

One star and report her unsafe instructions to Uber. She probably one starred you so you have nothing to lose.

Stray cat

Wait...you drove the wrong way down a one way street because a pax insisted you do so? Send me all of your money. Now. I insist.
No, I drove the right way down a one-way street. The issue was whether I pull up to one curb where she safely could open my rear door or to another curb near which she was not sitting in my car unless she slid over to that side.

D Town

No, I drove the right way down a one-way street. The issue was whether I pull up to one curb where she safely could open my rear door or to another curb near which she was not sitting in my car unless she slid over to that side.
My mistake. I apologize. I'll read more carefully in the future.

MikesUber

Not that you couldn't use a truck, that you shouldn't. Does this count as charity work for taxes?

How do you even make profit driving that for x rate?
He doesn't, he makes zero profit with a truck on UberX rates. Just like those geniuses who depreciate luxury cars on UberX. It's good to give back to the community though.

Lady comes out wearing a long fur coat and ball gown and gets into my pos Civic!
lol love it, if my girlfriend and I were going to a nice dinner or function I'd definitely order UberSelect or UberBlack (if we HAD THAT here *cries*). I still valet my 2010 Dodge Caliber though. Eh at least I fully detail the thing by hand inside and out.

lyft_audi

Now that you mention it MikesUber , my IQ is rather high... :smiles:

You really go outta your way to say this as much as possible, don't you?

I swear i've read it in at least 3 posts this week.

LOL