PAX revenge rating, well done Uber.

Jesusdrivesuber

Ever since you morons decided to put the pax rating in a more visible place, all of these pieces of shit millennial kids revenge rate faster than before, my rate has been on a dip ever since the changes and has gone down 0.03 already.

My last .01 loss was a @@@@@@ that was:

Drunk from the airport.
4.65 (what a surprise).
Decided to tell me to take a highway clogged all the way, request I ignored.
Laid on my sit as it were a bed with his feet on my sit, shoes on.

Gave him a 1 star and voila, dropped .01 on the spot.

Can't you morons simply reflect their new rate AFTER they rate the driver? Also, if they stack 2 unrated trips by taking another trip, GET RID OF THE OLD TRIP's rating window.

Kudos on @@@@ing allowing pax to have the same ability as us to re-rate after placing their first rate, I am sure that will make their revenge rating even easier.

Why is there such little thought put into this company's app design? At least complaining about these sort of scenarios to Lyft instantly allows the CSR to change the rating, Uber CSR throws a canned response and pat you on the back.

Btw the whole "ratings do not reflect instantly" thing is bullshit at the highest level.

Last edited:

SurgeMasterMN

Ever since you morons decided to put the pax rating in a more visible place, all of these pieces of shit millennial kids revenge rate faster than before, my rate has been on a dip ever since the changes and has gone down 0.03 already.

My last .01 loss was a ****** that was:

Drunk from the airport.
4.65 (what a surprise).

Can't you morons simply reflect their new rate AFTER they rate the driver? Also, if they stack 2 unrated trips by taking another trip, GET RID OF THE OLD TRIP's rating window.

Kudos on &%[email protected]!*ing allowing pax to have the same ability as us to re-rate after placing their first rate, I am sure that will make their revenge rating even easier.

Why is there such little thought put into these company's app design? At least complaining about these sort of scenarios to Lyft instantly allows the CSR to change the rating, Uber CSR throws a canned response and pat you on the back.

Btw the whole "ratings do not reflect instantly" thing is bullshit at the highest level.

Agreed this feature does suck. They should update the riders app once a week with their rating. This still would not completely solve the problem but would help. I try to rate 5 stars for everyone and let them know I have got them 5 stars as well. My rating is at 4.96 after 1.5 years of driving full time. Even if there are people I want to rate low I hold back because of the revenge rating they could easily give. If they really deserve it I wont say anything about 5 stars and give them a 1 star but that is once in a blue moon.

divo183

They really need to do something about this. The sheety part is that your rating won't go up because you do 80 riders and only 15 people will rate you and out of those 15 rated trips either 1 or 2 trips is less than 5 stars. It's easier for it to go down and impossible for it to go up. What Uber needs to implement is that if a person doesn't rate you within a week , that ride is an automatic 5 stars. That way all trips are rated.. But what do I know? I'll just fall in line with the rest of the ants.

A way to get around is rating the rider a 5 star and then going ahead and changing it in the future. This again might be hindering your rating if someone else is doing this. If different driver goes ahead and have the rating changed and the rider's rating updates after you have dropped off the rider, they think it was you and most likely give you a one just because they think it was you.

Jesusdrivesuber

Agreed this feature does suck. They should update the riders app once a week with their rating. This still would not completely solve the problem but would help. I try to rate 5 stars for everyone and let them know I have got them 5 stars as well. My rating is at 4.96 after 1.5 years of driving full time. Even if there are people I want to rate low I hold back because of the revenge rating they could easily give. If they really deserve it I wont say anything about 5 stars and give them a 1 star but that is once in a blue moon.

Hell, there are a billion solutions, they only need to pick one.

LAbDog65

Pax are really getting low. They complain to Uber just to get a free or reduced ride. I have a dashcam but I see where they are waiting over a week to complain. I was recently deactivated (since reinstated) about a complaint I know had to be at least a week ago since I hadnt driven for Uber for a week. After not seeing a problem my dashcam has written over.

sellkatsell44

They also need to batch tips so that drivers can not rate based on tip.

That would mean evening the playing field and drivers aren't about that, they're about the hustle.

I've tipped majority. The times I haven't tipped, it's because the driver sucks. My rating gets dinged? I don't care...But I left off rating them poorly even though they drove poorly because I understand uber judges the drivers rating way more then a passenger (if even).

However, just because I don't tip (again, horrible driver, missed multiple turns, pumping the brakes, etc) I get dinged? Yeah I'm gonna rate then, and rate appropriately (e.g. It was a bad ride to begin with anyways).

I'm always ready when I call for the ride, even if the estimate before hitting "request" says the driver is 5+ minutes away...I've seen that change.

I never have the driver pick me up at a weird spot. It's always somewhere they can stop and easily spot. Condos with gated entries? Psssh. Never.

I never eat, drink, smoke or leave any substance behind in a car. I'm super careful to sit down where I can't pick up something, how people leave seats dirty is beyond me.

I don't use aux cord, have plenty of charge and a charger with me anyways, and don't really care what the driver listens or don't listen to.

Basically, i just need a ride from point a to b. Those drivers that are expecting an automatic tip are in for a rude awakening if they can't even get the a to b correct. (I've had a driver actually stop five minutes via car so about 10-15 by foot from the destination I entered, she seem totally confused and after twice trying to let her know that the middle of nowhere she stopped isn't my destination, I gave up and stumbled my way out of there).

Cableguynoe

Those drivers that are expecting an automatic tip are in for a rude awakening if they can't even get the a to b correct..

Your post doesn't make too much sense to me.
Most of the time when a driver does get a to b right, he still doesn't get a tip.
So when a bad driver doesn't get a tip, there's a very good chance he wasn't getting one regardless of how good he was.
I don't do a good job for tips. If I get one great. But it's not about the tips.

Down rating isn't only about tipping. I've given a 1 star to someone that tipped me $5.
I thanked them and hit one star as they were exciting vehicle.

sellkatsell44

Your post doesn't make too much sense to me.
Most of the time when a driver does get a to b right, he still doesn't get a tip.
So when a bad driver doesn't get a tip, there's a very good chance he wasn't getting one regardless of how good he was.
I don't do a good job for tips. If I get one great. But it's not about the tips.

Down rating isn't only about tipping. I've given a 1 star to someone that tipped me $5.
I thanked them and hit one star as they were exciting vehicle.
What doesn't make sense to you?

I've stated it from my experience...so if most of the time a driver goes from a to b and STILL doesn't get a tip that's nothing to do with me...and that's what I meant by hustle. Because they're not getting tips to go along with the low pay rate, they're going to one star riders. Duh. Makes sense. By allowing the customers to rerate aka revenge rate, its leveling the playing field because then drivers get dinged for rating a ride that will otherwise be a good ride, one, simply because the passenger didn't tip.

Duh.

Honestly I'm not even replying towards you, I'm replying in case anyone else didn't get it or see your reply as something other then a confused person who didn't bother to read my post throughly.

Ps

It's not about tips to YOU but majority of drivers or should I say most drivers, do it for the tip. There's been multiple threads leading to this. For someone who replies to almost every thread I find it hard to believe you don't know. Which makes your reply to mine ironic "Most of the time when a driver does get a to b right, he still doesn't get a tip."

And yes, the bad drivers wouldn't get a tip, except they don't know they're bad. They expect one anyways. The rates are low.

Uberfunitis

Why wouldn't a driver be allowed to rate based on what he values and is important to him?
By that same thought why should a passenger not be able to rate based on the rating received from the driver or whatever he or she values as important even things that are theoretically out of the drivers control such as matched pool rides.

canyon

Drunk from the airport.
4.65 (what a surprise).
Laid on my sit as it were a bed with his feet on my sit, shoes on. They know what their doing. Their doing this just for that reason. They know if you don't give a 5 the customer wont give a 5. Uber is banking on everyone getting 5s now plus it makes Uber look better. POS company

Kudos on &%[email protected]!*ing allowing pax to have the same ability as us to re-rate after placing their first rate, I am sure that will make their revenge rating even easier.

Why is there such little thought put into these company's app design? At least complaining about these sort of scenarios to Lyft instantly allows the CSR to change the rating, Uber CSR throws a canned response and pat you on the back.

They Uber that is know what their doing. Their betting on this because they know eventually everyone will be given a 5 for fear of getting a bad rating. Plus in the end it makes Uber look good showing everyone on both sides are extremely happy. POS company.

Rsabcd

By that same thought why should a passenger not be able to rate based on the rating received from the driver or whatever he or she values as important even things that are theoretically out of the drivers control such as matched pool rides.

This doesn't answer the question he ask You?

Why shouldn't we be able to separate the more profitable riders via ratings. I drive to make money, i want to know which jobs are going to be more profitable.

I'm not driving 10 minutes to pick up Mr. 4.69☆ I probably would if he was 4.96

Why is this even a discussion, you are in the minority when it comes to drivers and your veiws towards tipping.

ShinyAndChrome

Can't you morons simply reflect their new rate AFTER they rate the driver?
Because they are lazy/dumb. I had some ideas on how uberlyft can fix the ratings including:

1) Never re-rate
2) Cannot rate any ride after 24 hours
3) Your score is only impacted by the other party when both have committed or 24 hours has passed (at which point they cannot re-rate you anyway).

This is the only way to avoid retaliatory ratings.

Another thing uberlyft HAVE to do with the above is exclude all ratings from trouble-makers. If you are an ahole pax or driver who always rates 1 star in the above, you could carry on immune to punishment from retaliation. And so, if you have a tendency to consistently give below 5 stars your reviews get ignored and don't hit the other's score.

This system is so damn easy to fix. The above is just a few quick ideas I came up with. I don't know why uber and lyft both have such app problems and terrible design.

As it is now if you are a pax who doesn't travel that much you know with certainty who gave you a low rating and so if they gave you one, now you go in and re-rate. The re-rating alone is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Some drivers are literally keeping logs of rides so they can submit for a re-rate weeks later so that the pax won't know they did it, because it's the only way to give a pax an honest rating without suffering retaliation.
I try to rate 5 stars for everyone and let them know I have got them 5 stars as well.
I need to try this on the guys in their early 20's who love to give sub-5 for fun. Just to remind them that yeah you have a rating, too.
If different driver goes ahead and have the rating changed and the rider's rating updates after you have dropped off the rider, they think it was you and most likely give you a one just because they think it was you.
True. I wonder if I have suffered that. We all potentially have.

The rating system is outstandingly badly designed.

Uberfunitis

This doesn't answer the question he ask You?

Why shouldn't we be able to separate the more profitable riders via ratings. I drive to make money, i want to know which jobs are going to be more profitable.

I'm not driving 10 minutes to pick up Mr. 4.69☆ I probably would if he was 4.96

Why is this even a discussion, you are in the minority when it comes to drivers and your veiws towards tipping.
I see no reason why a driver should not be able to consider the tip just as I see no reason a passenger should not be able to consider the rating received from the driver. If we want to stop retaliation though we should stop it on both sides as tipping is not required.

Grahamcracker

Drunk from the airport.
4.65 (what a surprise).

If driver's get deactivated below 4.6, riders should be as well. Ratings system is bullshit and one sided. It's very common that both rider and driver will low rate the other for a few dollars. Either the driver rates low for not tipping or rider rates low for a refund.

Trafficat

They also need to batch tips so that drivers can not rate based on tip.
Cash tip = 5 stars, no cash tip = 1 star. Easy reaction by drivers. Everyone knows "I will tip you in the app" is BS anyway. Some drivers who rate down for lack of tips will rerate to increase if there is an in-app tip. The only difference is that those pax won't get rerated.

Last edited: