Pax retaliation = 48hour blocked from driving

ChrisFZ

Be aware pax can easily and simply report you for "driving impaired/under the influence" which will block you from driving for exactly 48hours while "Uber conducts an investigation". ...at the worst you'll be kicked off Uber for life. So respond to Uber professionally and play nice.

If you get ANYONE rude or have to kick them out be sure to report them FIRST and not let it go unreported. It will look better then if they then make up a false accusation that puts you on the sidelines. Pax don't need to provide evidence...
...Had a rider that I had to kick out and 5 minutes later got hit with the retaliation by the pax. Offered Uber dashcam footage to help my case and they could care less...they don't "conduct an investigation"...they just sit you out for 48hours from the time of the report.
If you get multiple reports it's an instant ban.
Just a heads up, your next ride can always be your last, through no fault of your own.

Last edited:

sd1303

Be aware pax can easily and simply report you for "driving impaired/under the influence" which will block you from driving for exactly 48hours while "Uber conducts an investigation". ...at the worst you'll be kicked off Uber for life. So respond to Uber professionally and play nice.

If you get ANYONE rude or have to kick them out be sure to report them FIRST and not let it go unreported. It will look better then if they then make up a false accusation that puts you on the sidelines. Pax don't need to provide evidence...
...Had a rider that I had to kick out and 5 minutes later got hit with the retaliation by the pax. Offered Uber dashcam footage to help my case and they could care less...they don't "conduct an investigation"...they just sit you out for 48hours from the time of the report.
If you get multiple reports it's an instant ban.
Just a heads up, your next ride can always be your last, through no fault of your own.

1) Good on you for the dash cam.

2) Sue the rider in small claims court for defamation. Ask for your lost income, emotional distress (you didn't know if you were going to get your job back), and punitive damages. Very easy to prove with the dash cam footage.

It's an intentional act that cost you real money. That's what the courts are there for. A couple successful and well-publicized suits against riders will end this practice.

jester121

Respond to Uber that you're uploading your dash cam footage to Youtube (even if you don't have a camera) and will forward them the public link for their investigation... and that you'll also be circulating the video and story on social media and local news stations far and wide. They'll back down immediately and never call your bluff.

1) Dash cam.

2) Sue the rider in small claims court for defamation. Ask for your lost income, emotional distress (you didn't know if you were going to get your job back), and punitive damages.

It's an intentional act that cost you real money. That's what the courts are there for. A couple successful and well-publicized suits against riders will end this practice.

LOL... like Uber drivers have money to front a defamation lawsuit? No way. And those don't go on contingency either, too hard to win.

sd1303

Respond to Uber that you're uploading your dash cam footage to Youtube (even if you don't have a camera) and will forward them the public link for their investigation... and that you'll also be circulating the video and story on social media and local news stations far and wide. They'll back down immediately and never call your bluff.

LOL... like Uber drivers have money to front a defamation lawsuit? No way. And those don't go on contingency either, too hard to win.

Filing fee is usually around $25-$40. You can have a friend serve the papers for free. There are no lawyers in small claims court. The facts of the case are pretty straightforward.

Trickiest part will be getting the right form to subpoena Uber for the rider's name and a copy of their report.

If you're cool with getting crapped on, then that's your own business.

jester121

Lots of states don't even allow libel/defamation cases in small claims court, and a John Doe lawsuit isn't likely to fly either.

EddieG

I had a ping to pick up a pax in Cicero last week in the morning. She lives by a school and I couldn't get through because the street was blocked off until the kids were done. I had to go around which took another 10 minutes, so when I arrived she complained that I was headed in the right direction, but then turned around. I told her the street was blocked off until school started (she should know this since its only 2 blocks from her effin house and she could literally see it from her front porch) . Anyway, I took her to some "Beauty School" on Cermak and believe me, she needs to go there a LOT. The ride was less than a mile and took less than 5 minutes. Within 5 minutes of dropping her off my rating goes from 4.90 to 4.89, so she obviously rated me a 1. Then I get a note on my rider feedback about safety issues. I rated her a 2 for her crappy attitude, but then changed it to a 1. The ride cost her a whopping $3.54. I'm guessing she was one of those cheapskates who gives drivers a 1 so they can get a free ride. I would love to see what her pax rating is.

Zap

I had a ping to pick up a pax in Cicero last week in the morning. She lives by a school and I couldn't get through because the street was blocked off until the kids were done. I had to go around which took another 10 minutes, so when I arrived she complained that I was headed in the right direction, but then turned around. I told her the street was blocked off until school started (she should know this since its only 2 blocks from her effin house and she could literally see it from her front porch) . Anyway, I took her to some "Beauty School" on Cermak and believe me, she needs to go there a LOT. The ride was less than a mile and took less than 5 minutes. Within 5 minutes of dropping her off my rating goes from 4.90 to 4.89, so she obviously rated me a 1. Then I get a note on my rider feedback about safety issues. I rated her a 2 for her crappy attitude, but then changed it to a 1. The ride cost her a whopping $3.54. I'm guessing she was one of those cheapskates who gives drivers a 1 so they can get a free ride. I would love to see what her pax rating is.
Lesson learned. Next time, cancel & move on.

Pprchsr

Filing fee is usually around $25-$40. You can have a friend serve the papers for free. There are no lawyers in small claims court. The facts of the case are pretty straightforward.

Trickiest part will be getting the right form to subpoena Uber for the rider's name and a copy of their report.

If you're cool with getting crapped on, then that's your own business.
This is so wrong. Filling fee for Cook County is between $150 and $368 depending on the ad damnum and they absolutely do allow attorneys in small claims court.

NewAge82

I've had 3 cases where people have accused me of things that never happened to get free rides. Just upload your video to YouTube and send Uber support the YouTube link. I was back active in 15 minutes & they deactivated the pax account. One pax said I was in an accident lol. So I sent the video that was time stamped & w/GPS with the pax in the backseat playing on her phone. Dual recording dash camera that records inside & outside. I was reactivated in 15 minutes. Always cover your a**. Remember no-one cares about you so watch ur own a**.

blackjackross

I've had 3 cases where people have accused me of things that never happened to get free rides. Just upload your video to YouTube and send Uber support the YouTube link. I was back active in 15 minutes & they deactivated the pax account. One pax said I was in an accident lol. So I sent the video that was time stamped & w/GPS with the pax in the backseat playing on her phone. Dual recording dash camera that records inside & outside. I was reactivated in 15 minutes. Always cover your a**. Remember no-one cares about you so watch ur own a**.
You're one of the drivers that "gets it" by using a dahscam. I've been saying this for 1.5 years now. This is beyond rideshare. That's the ONLY way to defend yourself from any allegations of wrongdoing by riders, police, bike riders, pedestrians or other drivers even when you are off the rideshare app.

toyota777

Usually when that happens to me, I get to the corner closest to her block. I text pax saying come to this corner. Street blocked off due to school. I start the trip,give them 2 minutes. If they don't come or respond, I leave them.

Andretti

Usually when that happens to me, I get to the corner closest to her block. I text pax saying come to this corner. Street blocked off due to school. I start the trip,give them 2 minutes. If they don't come or respond, I leave them.
Why Start Trip, and let them rate you?

5 min Cancel No Show pays more than a 2 min trip, too.

ROUGUE X

Someone tried to get me in trouble one time because they saw me get into my car outside a restaurant. uber office called and questioned me about it and nothing happened. FAIL!