• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax refuses to walk a few feet to get in Car?

pbracing33b

So tonight I had a pax that refused to walk about 10-15 feet to my car. It was really busy at this local bar, so I had to park in the ONLY parking spot on the side of the street near the entrance, which is probably 50 ft from the door. The pax didn't want to walk to the car, he wanted me to turn around in light traffic to come get him since he didn't want to walk, I told him where I was 3 TIMES and after the 3rd time of telling him where I was, I canceled on him, oh and get this he was only taking a 3 minute trip, so I said screw this. This guy really was complaining about walking to my car, I 'm like seriously and i had to travel like 15 minutes to get to him. I'm glad I did cancel on him, cause immediately I got another request which was a much longer trip and paid for the time to travel to her.

I just can't believe that this pax was this lazy to walk down to my car to walk down about 50 feet just to get in my car. I just don't get some people. Really I don't.

What do you guys think? Did I do the right thing?

CommanderXL

You did the right thing. I had a passenger who didn't know the gate code for the apartment complex she was in so she wanted me to slip in through the open gate when someone else was leaving because she didn't want to walk through it herself. I laughed (and canceled after five minutes.) I can only hope she was going to the airport and missed her flight, lol.

Realityshark

You did the right thing if you waited 5 minutes and logged it as a "no show" and got paid. The lazy @@@@@@@ deserved to get charged the no show, cancellation fee and you deserved to get paid for your time.

UberXTampa

You should have rolled a red carpet:smiles: i got a few such pax... One wouldn't cross the 7th street in a completely stalled Friday night traffic in Ybor City...and we were seeing each other... Like 30 feet away... He demanded I turn around and get exactly where he was... I cancelled.

One did not walk from airport taxi stand to arrivals baggage claim curbside... It is literally less than 50 feet... I cancelled.

CommanderXL

You should have rolled a red carpet:smiles: i got a few such pax... One wouldn't cross the 7th street in a completely stalled Friday night traffic in Ybor City...and we were seeing each other... Like 30 feet away... He demanded I turn around and get exactly where he was... I cancelled.

One did not walk from airport taxi stand to arrivals baggage claim curbside... It is literally less than 50 feet... I cancelled.
I HATE, HATE, HATE going to Ybor!! Effing traffic and stupid brick roads! Never mind the roosters everywhere. I get the hell out of there as fast as I can.

UberXTampa

I liked the airport pax the most... But the last 6 months or so I stopped working the airport... Not worth it for me with the low rates... I try to pickup people in my neighborhood while I am in my living room watching tv.

Renaldow

This is a prime example of the perfect use of the $5 cancellation, IMHO. Walk 50 feet or pay $5. Hopefully the next driver he pinged did the same.

pbracing33b

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah I didn't get my 5 bucks, but I decided that it wasn't worth it to stick around, the funny thing is that I got another request immediately :biggrin:right after that and it paid way more:biggrin: and the pax ended up giving me a 5 dollar tip:biggrin:, so cancelling right away worked out for me:rolleyes::biggrin:. Even though I did lose out on $5:frown: I thought best not to stick around:smiles:.

Last edited:

Veal66

Had the same thing after a recent Red Sox game. Parked right on the pin, hit arrived, on the right side next to the ballpark. Fans exiting all over. Pax nowhere in site. Pax calls after 3-4 minutes and says where are you? I say I'm right on the pin, with my hazard lights blinking. He says can you pull ahead? I'm at Jillian's (local bar, on the left, about 50 feet up). Meanwhile people are streaming all over. I tell him ok and pull slowly ahead. No one standing on the sidewalk on the right at all, no one on the left by Jillian's. No one looking out on the street for me, raising their arm, etc. You would think they would be, after talking to them 10 seconds ago.

I slowly roll by, no one showing themselves, and I go around the corner. Now its busy, nowhere to pull over, cars behind me wanting me to move, etc. I double park with the hazards on. No where to really turn around. Guy calls after another minute asking where I am. I say I rolled by no one showed themselves. he was not happy. Normally I'm good with passengers, but I let him know I wasn't happy either, he should have been ready to meet me as I rolled up, instead he disappeared or misrepresented where he was. He said he was going to cancel and get another Uber. I said fine (and collected my $10 for the cancel, and picked up another fan leaving the game in the next minute 2 blocks away.

Another Uber Driver

^^^^It is obvious that the first person who summoned you is a Yankees fan.^^^^^^^^

Yankees fans are much like Cowboys fans: you just can not expect too much.

Micmac

So tonight I had a pax that refused to walk about 10-15 feet to my car. It was really busy at this local bar, so I had to park in the ONLY parking spot on the side of the street near the entrance, which is probably 50 ft from the door. The pax didn't want to walk to the car, he wanted me to turn around in light traffic to come get him since he didn't want to walk, I told him where I was 3 TIMES and after the 3rd time of telling him where I was, I canceled on him, oh and get this he was only taking a 3 minute trip, so I said screw this. This guy really was complaining about walking to my car, I 'm like seriously and i had to travel like 15 minutes to get to him. I'm glad I did cancel on him, cause immediately I got another request which was a much longer trip and paid for the time to travel to her.

I just can't believe that this pax was this lazy to walk down to my car to walk down about 50 feet just to get in my car. I just don't get some people. Really I don't.

What do you guys think? Did I do the right thing?
Hit the cancel button n push the gas pedal! Problem solved .

D Town

^^^^It is obvious that the first person who summoned you is a Yankees fan.^^^^^^^^

Yankees fans are much like Cowboys fans: you just can not expect too much.
I don't want to here anything about the Cowboys from a second class citizen who doesn't even have the right to congressional representation. :p

Another Uber Driver

I don't want to here anything about the Cowboys from a second class citizen who doesn't even have the right to congressional representation. :p

........it seems that this gentleman who had grown up in Paoli, Pennsylvania got a job offer in Fort Worth. He took it, moved his wife (who had grown up in Conshohocken) and eleven year old daughter, Melissa, there. It was the first day of school. The students were all seated at their desks, the teacher came in and said

"Good morning, class, my name is Mrs. Jones and I will be your teacher. I want to start off the year with a cheer for the Cowboys. Everyone cheer for the Cowboys!"

Every student got up and cheered except for Melissa. Mrs. Jones held up her hand for quiet. The class quieted, and the teacher looked at Melissa.

"Young lady, what is your name?"

"Melissa"

"Tell me, Melissa; why didn't you stand up and cheer for the Cowboys?"

"I don't like the Cowboys."

"Oh, I see, and what team do you like?"

"I like the Eagles!"

The whole class let out a collective gasp. How could anyone in Fort Worth be a fan of the hated Philadelphia Eagles?

Mrs. Jones folded her arms and took a serious expression. "........and why are you a Philadelphia fan?"

"Because my parents are Eagles fans and I love my parents, so I'm an Eagles fan too!" Melissa smiled

"Tell me, Melissa, if your parents were @@@@@@ed, would you still love them?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"If your parents were @@@@@@ed, would you be @@@@@@ed, too?"

"No, Ma'am! If my parents were @@@@@@ed, I'd be a Dallas Cowboys Fan!!!!!!!"