Pax recommendation

uberbris

Just like to get some thoughts from you guys on pax.

What would you do if you had pax doing silly things or even refusing to wear seat belts

Last edited:

Instyle

Politely eject them, end trip rate accordingly.

Worried about your rating? Eject them and tell them they'll need to cancel the trip in other to request another.

camoflage

Technically its their problem about the seatbelt unless theyre under 16 , otherwise GET OUT ! said in arnies accent works :smiles:

letzblaze

most pax are good when it comes to seat belts.. if they not wearing it.. tell them once.. if they dont listen.. given them 1*

dont worry too much about your rating... no matter what DO NOT give them water.
i seriously hate people when they ask for water... straight 1*

uberbris

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Politely eject them, end trip rate accordingly.

Worried about your rating? Eject them and tell them they'll need to cancel the trip in other to request another.
We can cancel without charge so for a trip that's just started all well and good, however why should we loose out?

I've emailed uber they may respond haha

TheSnowman

Just like to get some thoughts from you guys on pax.

What would you do if you had pax doing silly things or even refusing to wear seat belts
It's not like you are obeying all the law either, bit of the kettle calling the pot black (oops, can we still use that B word)

Instyle

Liabilty is a big one, in the event of a collision or injury Pax can argue the commercial operator did not inform of enforce you to wear a seatbelt. Driver liabilty; negligence = BIG $$$

anOzzieUber

Liabilty is a big one, in the event of a collision or injury Pax can argue the commercial operator did not inform of enforce you to wear a seatbelt. Driver liabilty; negligence = BIG $$$
Commercial operator shouldn't have to inform grown individuals. It has been law in Australia for what 30+ years now? that you must wear a seatbelt where the vehicle is equipped with them. The only real time you don't wear them these days is buses and trains, and a lot of coach buses are now seatbelt equipped.

Anyway pax who don't wear a seatbelt and go through your windscreen in a crash - Uber's got their back....and their head...and their arms....and their legs which are scattered all over the road.

Instyle

Commercial operator shouldn't have to inform grown individuals. It has been law in Australia for what 30+ years now? that you must wear a seatbelt where the vehicle is equipped with them. The only real time you don't wear them these days is buses and trains, and a lot of coach buses are now seatbelt equipped.

Anyway pax who don't wear a seatbelt and go through your windscreen in a crash - Uber's got their back....and their head...and their arms....and their legs which are scattered all over the road.
Yeah it could get so messy, the injured party's lawyer would claim your a private individual that didn't show due cause.

Uber would say, yeah we got your back oh.. but it's come to light you had a complaint last week so we are terminating your contract with us. All the best with the upcoming lawsuit LOL

cpt.awesome

If a passenger doesn't wear a seat belt, i tell them that the warning beep will be too distracting.
I don't move until the seat belt is on and don't make it a discussion. I just turn the inside light on to make it easier for them to find, which lets them know we aren't going anywhere.

I also ask pax to finish alcoholic drinks before getting in. Qld police will fine the driver for open container in a public place.
Also, I've had 2 instances where the pax has left an empty can in the back and cost me ratings on the following trips.
I always check for rubbish and left items, but the first one i missed because i was new and didn't think to check the back seat pockets.
The 2nd one the pax intentionally/maliciously left the can wedged where i couldn't see it, but backseat passengers could, because i asked him to finish the can and bin it before getting in, explaining that i'd had someone leave a can previously and cost me ratings. (I was parked right next to a bin) I really wish there was a way to revise the rating you gave someone since it's not always possible to check carefully immediately.
So i don't negotiate on either points. It hasn't been a problem since then.
If i ever get someone that refuses, then i won't take them and will let uber know why.

leadcurescancer

If a passenger doesn't wear a seat belt, i tell them that the warning beep will be too distracting.
I don't move until the seat belt is on and don't make it a discussion. I just turn the inside light on to make it easier for them to find, which lets them know we aren't going anywhere.

I also ask pax to finish alcoholic drinks before getting in. Qld police will fine the driver for open container in a public place.
Also, I've had 2 instances where the pax has left an empty can in the back and cost me ratings on the following trips.
I always check for rubbish and left items, but the first one i missed because i was new and didn't think to check the back seat pockets.
The 2nd one the pax intentionally/maliciously left the can wedged where i couldn't see it, but backseat passengers could, because i asked him to finish the can and bin it before getting in, explaining that i'd had someone leave a can previously and cost me ratings. (I was parked right next to a bin) I really wish there was a way to revise the rating you gave someone since it's not always possible to check carefully immediately.
So i don't negotiate on either points. It hasn't been a problem since then.
If i ever get someone that refuses, then i won't take them and will let uber know why.
Yep agree, I had someone want to try to get in with a stubbie on Tuesday night, I told him no open alcohol in the car, he complained and said he could get a taxi so I said that sounds like a good idea and drove off letting him cancel the ride so it did not affect my rating. If not for the Uber rating system I could have exlpained the whole why and where for to him and everyone would have been fine but once a pax is upset I drive off and let them cancel, they are going to rate you badly if you take them.

AlbertX

Commercial operator shouldn't have to inform grown individuals. It has been law in Australia for what 30+ years now
In Australia, each state and territory has its own set of road rules. You might try this, for example, by performing an U-turn at a signalled intersection in NSW, then in QLD, in front of a police car, after giving way to all other cars, you'll get a ticket in QLD but not in NSW :smiles:

In QLD, if a passenger, whether an adult or not, does not wear a seat belt, then the driver gets a ticket and 3 demerit points. If the pax is an adult, he/she also gets a ticket, and if he/she has a driver licence, he/she also loses 3 points.

Last edited:

cpt.awesome

I thought that was true about the driver getting a penalty for passengers not wearing a seatbelt but wasn't 100% sure.

When i first moved to qld about 10 years ago i was pulled over within a few hours for doing a U turn. I was lucky to get out of a ticket.
In Vic, when i was there, you could U turn as long as there wasn't a 'no U-turn sign'. In Qld you can't U turn unless there is a 'U-turn permitted' sign.