1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax Ratings Adjustments, Gone

Discussion in 'San Diego' started by squeaky_ride, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:34 AM.

1. squeaky_ride

squeaky_ride Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It used to be that you could change a passenger rating. Say you had a polite rider, everything went well you gave them a 5. The next rider gets in and tells you there's trash on the floor asking if it's yours. You'd be able to go back and change the rating with a quick message to support stating why you would like it changed.

Last weekend I revised a rating and it didn't even ask for a rating.

Last night, rating adjustments were no longer an option (see screenshot).

Uber changes many things quickly, and seemingly often when pilots fail (like the recent additional DF that were taken away quickly). Here's how this one went. Pax rating adjustment with justification > pax rating adjustment without justification > no pax rating adjustments

I gave a 5 star rating to someone with a service animal. The sand was not immediately visible (night), but it was on the seats. Not clumps just a general dusting on the seat and seatback. I have a dustbuster and couldn't get it all out. I used my hand to brush the rest off. Then my hand smelled like nasty dog the rest of the night even after baby wipes. Sorry I did you guys a disservice on that rating.

The takeaway is, don't rate your passengers until you are confident in your rating because there is no going back. Check more thoroughly for sand, trash, etc. Bonus tip: they like to put it under your seat where you are less likely to find it until later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 11:21 AM
  2. San Diego Steve

San Diego Steve Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I noticed this when I tried to give 1 star from a trip 2 weeks ago. I'm reading LA site about them notifying passengers after driver gives less than 5 stars. This is a result of drivers changing ratings because no tip and telling Uber that is reason. Stupid morons ruin it for the smart drivers who don't give reason.

3. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ratings are overrated for pax and drivers. Your <4.7 pax and >4.7 driver are still getting picked up or driving, respectively.

Ratings exist mostly so people take things out on statistical punching bags instead of actual humans.

4. squeaky_ride

Driving:
    UberX
    Have you ever ignored a request due to a low passenger rating?

5. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. I have. But the passenger in all likelihood still got picked up. Also, the passenger didn't know that the reason they didn't get picked up/ride delayed was because they're a dbag (statistically speaking).

6. NCRBILL

NCRBILL Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    If they are new to the platform it’s really skewed in the numbers until they get a few rides under the belt.

I don’t believe there is s way to see your rating as a pax??

7. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax app shows you directly now. You used to have to send a support ticket, but now it's on the profile area of the app.

So yes, they can. However, they still won't know that that's why drivers skipped them.

8. squeaky_ride

Driving:
    UberX
    It depends. Some people pick up on why they aren't getting rides as fast as others.

- A friend of a friend got into an argument with an Uber driver and likely got 1 starred. He noticed immediately they weren't getting rides as fast as he used to. He now uses the brother's app when they go out together.

- Two weekends ago a husband and wife were going to a bar and he asked what his rating was. He said he must have a lower rating than his wife cause she'll get rides faster than him.

I've had this conversation with pax a few times now with couples. Typically women will have higher ratings. Ever notice how many couple's you pick up and it's not the guy's app. Can't help but think the gull had a better rating than the buoy.

Also, to Bill's point about the numbers being skewed, a lower rating will take a while to average out for pax. Us drivers have hundreds of rides and a low rating will average out. Old ones even go away - the most recent 500 rides, right? As a passenger, a low rating may only go away for frequent riders.

ptdriver x likes this.
  9. NCRBILL

NCRBILL Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    4E487037-1E3B-4D31-BFA9-EBDAA9D7ED54.jpeg Here is the way it’s shown on the pax app.

10. rubidoux

rubidoux Member

Whoa!!! I knew the pax could see the rating immediately, so they'd certainly know what driver rated them at the end of each trip, but I had no idea it showed exactly what each driver rated like that. Can they scroll down and see all of their trips like that?

This effectively makes it impossible for us to rate pax below a 5, right? WTF?

ptdriver x likes this.
  11. Don't swim in pools

Don't swim in pools Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I thought in that screenshot that's their rating of the driver not the drivers rating of them. Unless I have misunderstood that.

rubidoux likes this.
  12. rubidoux

rubidoux Member

That makes more sense.