PAX Rating Based On Their Rating

DriverXD

Anyone rate PAX based on their rating? Like, I already know you have a low rating and are unlikely to rate me 5* so you automatically get 4*? Sorta like I'm not taking the hit alone?

afrojoe824

most riders give you a 5 star. I say Most..

out of my 45 rides I gave last week, 38 was rated and 35 were 5 stars.

I rate based on how well they are in the car. I picked up a 4.4 rated pax when I got a 2.5x surge sunday morning. One of the nicest people I've met. On a normal fare, idk if I would've picked her up. 18 mile ride to the airport.

DriverXD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you. Most will give 5*. And I rate on how the PAX actually is. However, I starting noticing that no matter how nice the low rated passengers are, they don't always give 5* ratings, no matter how nice you are.

UberHelot

Anyone rate PAX based on their rating? Like, I already know you have a low rating and are unlikely to rate me 5* so you automatically get 4*? Sorta like I'm not taking the hit alone?

5 stars for tipping. 4 or less for not tipping. Pax rating rarely matters, I've had nice 4.2's, and crappy 5.0's.

And what about people who call an uber for someone else? How are you supposed to rate them?

ExpendableAsset

My philosophy is to help get the passengers rating where it needs to be. If they are total morons who demand too much for their paltry fares, and somehow have a 4.95 rating, I make sure that I help said rating move in the right direction. Say, 2 stars or so. Or lets say I (for some strange reason) pick up a 4.5 rated passenger who is standing on the curb directly on their pin, who is friendly and respectful , takes a 30 mile ride to an area that is good for picking up riders but does not tip me. Trick question, they still get 4 stars because 5 star riders appreciate the cheap safe ride and tip their driver. We get paid to make the really hard decisions, that is why we make the big bucks.

second2noone

5 stars for tipping. 4 or less for not tipping. Pax rating rarely matters, I've had nice 4.2's, and crappy 5.0's.

And what about people who call an uber for someone else? How are you supposed to rate them?
you rate them as a representative of the person who called for them...you rate it like it's that person.

Taipan

-1 * for no tips
-1 * asked for aux cable (I do not provide)
-1 * asked for charger, gum, etc. but not tipping
-1 * door slamming
-1 * change my radio station (from classics to R&B shit)
-1 * wrong pick up address provided
-1 * no address provided on the Uber app
-2 or 3* giving me attitude
A $5 or more tip restores everything to 5 *.

UberHelot

Anyone choosing Pool automatically loses a star. It's tough when they're really nice...but gotta stay strong!
All uberx riders know it is the cheapest form of transportation available, and should treat the drivers accordingly, but they DON'T:

So therefore, amended ratings:

Tip= 5 stars
No tip= 4 or less
Pool no tip= 3 or less

AND add all these very legitimate possible deductions too!

-1 * for no tips
-1 * asked for aux cable (I do not provide)
-1 * asked for charger, gum, etc. but not tipping
-1 * door slamming
-1 * change my radio station (from classics to R&B shit)
-1 * wrong pick up address provided
-1 * no address provided on the Uber app
-2 or 3* giving me attitude
A $5 or more tip restores everything to 5 *.
Uber should send a training video to all riders with some sort of list like this. LOL. Then when they ask, "why is my rating so low?", you just answer, "didn't you see the rider training video?"

Adieu

Some of my WORST pax rated me "5". Including a self-professed serial killer.

Some of my nicest and tipping pax rated me 1-4*

Best indicator for a non-hassling, behaving pax that will rate 5* and maybe tip for a ridegetting them there without incident is a pax rating of 4.8-4.9

The perfec rating is 4.9 it take like 8 trips minimum including one with a downrating driver who nonetheless gave a 4*....or a ratio of 9x 5* to every star docked., that's36 fives to maintain 4.90 with a single one*, slightly less to round out....but a whopping 72! fives to round up to 5.0 - which is why its really just not happening lol

4.6-4.7 are drunks or nitpickers or kinda ghetto (which MAY mean both legitimate concern or prejudice on prior drivers parts)..... Or live in gated communities and take minfares

4.3-4.5 misbehave or rate low

2.7-4.2 misbehave

5.0 should be treated like a 4.5 unless you've seen the pax before

Just Another Uber Drive

Every one one of my rides tipped last night. Which had NEVER happened to me. Everybody was toes on the curb. Everybody was pleasant and thanked me. I had no choice but to give out all fives. Oh, and Uber updated my inspection documents without screwing anything up.

I'm almost afraid to go out tonight.

driver5000

most riders give you a 5 star. I say Most..

out of my 45 rides I gave last week, 38 was rated and 35 were 5 stars.

I rate based on how well they are in the car. I picked up a 4.4 rated pax when I got a 2.5x surge sunday morning. One of the nicest people I've met. On a normal fare, idk if I would've picked her up. 18 mile ride to the airport.
because Driver never knows Who Rated Them What It is obvious that Uber uses Rating To manipulate.

Adieu

because Driver never knows Who Rated Them What It is obvious that Uber uses Rating To manipulate.
Nah

If you had switchable vehicle modes and SAW the immediate pounding you take opting down into X/pool (something Uber REALLY WANTS you to do) you'd realize it's just the paxholes doin their thing