Pax Punched Driver For Not Answering Her Call

TXUbering

You're welcome to bend over in the name of customer service and let the paxhole use and abuse you as they see fit. I provide a quality ride but I'm not the paxhole's doormat. You do it your way, I'll do it my way.
You think answering your phone is bending over? I consider it "common courtesy", but you do it your way, and I'll do it the right way......

Don'tchasethesurge

You think answering your phone is bending over? I consider it "common courtesy", but you do it your way, and I'll do it the right way......
If the pax acted this way.... I can only imagine how the phone call would gone.... she would it been one big Bit.... at least the driver could cancelled before she got in the car. When people keep calling and calling, it’s best to shuffle and move on.

TXUbering

Why should any driver answer their phone, pax’s never answer theirs.
I think we've already covered the "childish" response to this. Bottom line is it seems unprofessional to just let the phone ring and ring, but then again, there are a lot of unprofessional drivers out there.

If the pax acted this way.... I can only imagine how the phone call would gone.... she would it been one big Bit.... at least the driver could cancelled before she got in the car. When people keep calling and calling, it’s best to shuffle and move on.
Well, let's play armchair quarterback. The ant answers the phone. The pax says, "I'm wearing _____ and my friend is wearing _____, we're on ______." "Ok thanks". Then there would be no discussion about not answering phones and poor ratings. I actually have down rated my pax when they don't answer their phones, especially if it's at an airport and I have to circle around more than once because they don't bother to look for me as I'm driving around the terminal.

WokeUP

Pax was upset that the Lyft driver didn’t answer her call before he picked her up. After he picked her up, she was telling him it’s not good for his rating. Within a block of the ride, he decides to end the ride because he feels the situation is escalating. She punches him, as she gets out.

Lyft issues a statement, blah, blah, blah. And they ban the rider for life (until she creates another account).

when will drivers learn to 1. stop the car and pull over. 2. Tell pax you ended the ride. 3. get out of the car and open pax door to let them out. 4. be ready to knock the sht out of pax if they feel like it!

Coastal_Cruiser

I could stems from the legal term, "dismissed with prejudice," meaning that charge is dropped and the prosecution cannot re-apply. It shows the judge has decided the case is worthless and should not have been brought. The idea of responding with "extreme prejudice" is that you dismiss the initial act, and come back with greater hostility.
Ok. Now you really got me thinking about this. I was trying to figure the root of the phrase as used in law, like in your example, and suddenly realized the word prejudice must have multiple meanings. Sure enough. Note definition #2. Especially as a verb....

1573772337360.png

Coastal_Cruiser

He is lucky she stopped at one. I will take this opportunity to say again that if someone hits you or is about to hit you exit the car immediately.
I saw a similar video a few days ago and stopped to think a moment about how to defend against a rear attack. There really is no practical defense. You can't see and your arms don't go in that direction. I wouldn't even risk mace (if it could be reached) in such confined quarters.

Of course if you are interested in a non practical solution there is this. It's that you need to be jacked in and have a sword...

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A couple of things from the video, one (and not to excuse this pax's behavior in the least) why do some of us feel that answering a call or a text is beyond the realm of courtesy to our pax? I hear people proudly exclaim "I don't answer my pax's texts or phone calls!", which I've always found a bit moronic. If the pax wants to share information on the pickup, why would you NOT answer those messages? I think some ants think they're being subservient to the pax, and they really need to get over it, or find some other line of work. I often hear "entitled" used to describe our pax, but have to admit, this sounds like "entitled" behavior on our part.

Second, why does the media blur out the faces of these people that are caught on video doing these types of things? When people do stupid stuff and are caught on camera, their face needs to be blasted out all over the airways so that EVERYONE that knows them can see what kind of person they're dealing with. Then again, we live in an age where no one feels that people need to be held accountable for their actions, which only reinforces the bad behavior. If you don't want your bad behavior aired in public, DON'T BEHAVE BADLY IN PUBLIC!

Final observation, did this ant really end the ride because the pax started talking about poor rating for not answering the phone? I'd have no sympathy for this ant being kicked off of Lyft for this. If you don't want to do Rideshare, then please go apply for a job elsewhere, maybe Uber eats where social interaction is kept at a minimum. Although, on second thought, please go ahead and stay on the platform, because it makes it so much easier for ants like me to look good by comparison.
I think the driver didn’t answer the phone because of the traffic and pedestrians. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because I have driven in that area a lot.

Tonight, several U/L drivers almost hit my car by the forum. When they built it, they did a horrible job of not leaving enough areas to safely drop off/pickup people. Many bars are around several streets, around he forum. With the pedestrians just walking in the street and not looking out for the cars, it’s not safe to answer the phone. Also, there is not much parking where a driver can pull over to answer a call.

The pax should’ve understood why he didn’t answer. Instead, she was acting like a spoiled brat, saying she’s still mad at him, when he tried making small talk. He remained calm, but then she brought up ratings. She was being a major B.

She was agiving him an attitude over something so stupid. Maybe he didn’t even hear his phone because of the noise. Pax like that should be booted because their attitude will get worse. Her punching him shows she can’t control her emotions.

You’re right about the lack of accountability in our society. I agree the media should show her picture and name. Had this younger generation been held accountable growing up and not coddled so much, they would realize the world doesn’t revolve around them. A person, like this woman, would be able to cope with an unanswered call.

The pics I attached show the area by the main entrance. What you can’t see in one picture, is a cop car is blocking one lane. It’s s tight area, and tough to pickup/drop off pax.

If the Uber driver with the white Mercedes and gray hair with a mustache is reading this, you almost hit my car tonight b the forum. Pay attention!
51A4004B-8B0D-461F-A1A3-5DDC38D67A83.jpeg
F40B0215-13D5-40C1-9FF0-53E4A1380C0F.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Not answering a phone call from your customer seems rather childish and a little dickish. "I'm too good to answer my phone for you!" Like I said, if you don't like doing Rideshare, there are plenty of other options out there.
And getting upset because a driver didn’t answer your cell is lack of maturity and self-control. Our priority is to arrive safely, not responding to pax as we’re driving.
Post automatically merged:

The main problem at the Fiserv is that GPS will always send you to a Highland Ave pickup, but most of the people wait at Juneu Ave. I live very close to Fiserv so I'm very familiar with the area, but I can always see out of city drivers who are confused where to go.
And as you know, the Highland side is very conjested and that curve in the road makes it more of a mess. During the Bucks final playoff game last season, I had to wait 8 min to turn around that bend because of all the pedestrians. No cops were doing traffic control and there was also a graduation at the Panther Arena, next to the forum. It was the worst traffic ever!!!!

Last edited:

Mkang14

I've never been so mad that I wanted to punch someone. Never crosses my mind.

I've seen otherwise nonviolent people attack while on drugs so i have to wonder if that's a factor here. She has major issues to attack a complete stranger like thar.

Invisible

She probablly drank to much. That was a younger crowd for the concert, and I had picked up many groups of college kids who were drinking before the concert. Yet, I still think she’s just someone who has no self-restraint.

Johnny Mnemonic

I've never been so mad that I wanted to punch someone. Never crosses my mind.

I've seen otherwise nonviolent people attack while on drugs so i have to wonder if that's a factor here. She has major issues to attack a complete stranger like thar.
People on drugs at a concert?

I am shocked, Madam. Shocked i tell you.

Illini

Something tells me that even if he answered the phone, this ride wold have ended badly.
Someone who has the mindset to punch someone because they're mad that the person they called did not answer their phone should not be able to use rideshare.

Syn

And as you know, the Highland side is very conjested and that curve in the road makes it more of a mess. During the Bucks final playoff game last season, I had to wait 8 min to turn around that bend because of all the pedestrians. No cops were doing traffic control and there was also a graduation at the Panther Arena, next to the forum. It was the worst traffic ever!!!!
The "secret" with Fiserv (as well as Miller Park & Summer Fest) is not to do any pickups at the actual location. A lot of people walk away few blocks before requesting a ride and I decline all requests that are at the actual location - instead, I pick up those that walked few blocks. You get the same surge, but much easier pickup.

Invisible

The "secret" with Fiserv (as well as Miller Park & Summer Fest) is not to do any pickups at the actual location. A lot of people walk away few blocks before requesting a ride and I decline all requests that are at the actual location - instead, I pick up those that walked few blocks. You get the same surge, but much easier pickup.
I know that. I was showing one poster why the driver possibly didn’t answer the phone.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Pax was upset that the Lyft driver didn’t answer her call before he picked her up. After he picked her up, she was telling him it’s not good for his rating. Within a block of the ride, he decides to end the ride because he feels the situation is escalating. She punches him, as she gets out.

Lyft issues a statement, blah, blah, blah. And they ban the rider for life (until she creates another account).

The nutbar needs to be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I would have never imagine women could be so violent!