• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax Punched Driver For Not Answering Her Call

Invisible

Pax was upset that the Lyft driver didn’t answer her call before he picked her up. After he picked her up, she was telling him it’s not good for his rating. Within a block of the ride, he decides to end the ride because he feels the situation is escalating. She punches him, as she gets out.

Lyft issues a statement, blah, blah, blah. And they ban the rider for life (until she creates another account).

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I’m not surprised. I was just reporting it because it’s on our news. This was in my city, and I know the area.

I dropped pax off by the Fiserv that night for the concert. It is a heavily conjested area with no place for most drivers to stop, and they’re too many pedestrians. I wouldn’t have answered the call either because it’s not safe with all the traffic.

Last edited:

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He should have retaliated with extreme prejudice.
I’ve heard hat saying before, but never understood what it means. Is it just being irrational as the pax was?

Driver must’ve reported it to the news. Good for him. But they should’ve shown her face.

Coastal_Cruiser

I have always wondered what that phrase meant to. Agree with Mark that in this case it's either sarcasm or facetiousness. I First heard the expression in the movie Apocalypse Now, when Harrison Ford was telling Martin Sheen to go kill Marlon Brando. Never understood how "prejudice" was related to assassination. The word means to pre-judge. So I guess it is military speak for "Don't even give this guy a break or let him talk his way out of it. He has already been judged and your only job is to smoke his ass."

tohunt4me

Pax was upset that the Lyft driver didn’t answer her call before he picked her up. After he picked her up, she was telling him it’s not good for his rating. Within a block of the ride, he decides to end the ride because he feels the situation is escalating. She punches him, as she gets out.

Lyft issues a statement, blah, blah, blah. And they ban the rider for life (until she creates another account).

They cant manage a car
But
THEY THINK THEY OWN US !

WHO GAVE THEM THIS IDEA ?

" NO NEED TO TIP " ! UBER GAVE THEM THIS IDEA.

Seamus

He is lucky she stopped at one. I will take this opportunity to say again that if someone hits you or is about to hit you exit the car immediately. You are a sitting duck sitting in the drivers seat. Time and time again you see drivers getting wailed on trying to cover up. This guy should have gotten out immediately in case she threw more punches.

There is almost no effective way to defend yourself sitting in the drivers seat. No matter how big you are the backseat has all the advantage. The goal is not to get into an exchange of blows but you may have to do what it takes to defend yourself or at least run away without getting pummeled. You can't do either sitting in the drivers seat.

In thousands of rides I had one incident. I was throwing some total paxhole out of my car and I saw him ball his fist up. I immediately jumped out of the car and walked to the rear door where he was getting out of. I am 6'4" and 255lbs, he was about 5'9" and skinny. When on an equal playing field he wanted no part of me. If I stayed sitting in the car I have no doubt I would have been sucker punched.

Be smart and immediately get out of the car.

GreatWhiteHope

Some people have serious issues

LIsuberman

And what will this poor RS driver get for his troubles - a cancellation notice that he cancels too many fares. Charging the PAX more for rides will separate the animals from the passengers and raising drivers pay will help also. Nobody should be treated like this and - the no choice driver - went back to driving more self entitled POS PAX's.

Christinebitg

My personal opinion is that he should have responded by calling 9-1-1. "Assault in progress."

And follow it up with a police report. He might not get the district attorney to follow up on the case, but even if the pax just gets a phone call from the authorities to ask about it, that might get her attention.

Cold Fusion

Absolutely! Whenever possible Escalate Escalate Escalate ‼

Zack the driver should secure Legal Representation and file:
a Negligence suit against Lyft for:
1. Allowing a mental defective passenger on the platform
2. Reckless endangerment to vehicle operator
3. Disregard for human life.
4. Accessory, after the fact to Felony Assault

Last edited:

TXUbering

A couple of things from the video, one (and not to excuse this pax's behavior in the least) why do some of us feel that answering a call or a text is beyond the realm of courtesy to our pax? I hear people proudly exclaim "I don't answer my pax's texts or phone calls!", which I've always found a bit moronic. If the pax wants to share information on the pickup, why would you NOT answer those messages? I think some ants think they're being subservient to the pax, and they really need to get over it, or find some other line of work. I often hear "entitled" used to describe our pax, but have to admit, this sounds like "entitled" behavior on our part.

Second, why does the media blur out the faces of these people that are caught on video doing these types of things? When people do stupid stuff and are caught on camera, their face needs to be blasted out all over the airways so that EVERYONE that knows them can see what kind of person they're dealing with. Then again, we live in an age where no one feels that people need to be held accountable for their actions, which only reinforces the bad behavior. If you don't want your bad behavior aired in public, DON'T BEHAVE BADLY IN PUBLIC!

Final observation, did this ant really end the ride because the pax started talking about poor rating for not answering the phone? I'd have no sympathy for this ant being kicked off of Lyft for this. If you don't want to do Rideshare, then please go apply for a job elsewhere, maybe Uber eats where social interaction is kept at a minimum. Although, on second thought, please go ahead and stay on the platform, because it makes it so much easier for ants like me to look good by comparison.

freddieman

It ended badly. Pax was in the wrong. Maybe it could have started better with driver answering the dang phone. Just answer the phone unless u plan on cancelling for no show. In this biz u should have bluetooth hooked up to ear piece or car.

UbaBrah

A couple of things from the video, one (and not to excuse this pax's behavior in the least) why do some of us feel that answering a call or a text is beyond the realm of courtesy to our pax?
I try my best to answer if I catch their call, but sometimes the driving is too hectic and I can't deal with it. I also find that Uber calls stop after like 3 rings, which is strange. It's fine if they send a message, in that instance I'll just send the pre-made text back.

Generally I try to work with pax, but sometimes they want to micromanage the situation ahead of time. I can see that being very frustrating. They also need to understand that their trip is subject to my ability to handle certain things or else that I'm dropping off pax before picking them up and I can't bend over backwards both ways at once.

Pax was still in the wrong though. Set pin, be at pin, get in. It's not rocket science.