1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

PAX' Preconceptions

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by the1111, Sep 13, 2015.

1. the1111

the1111 New Member

By far the most frustrating and annoying bit of nonsense with this job has to be when PAX reveal their erroneous disrespectful preconceptions of me or any Uber driver. These people seriously fear Uber drivers to the point of paranoia, worrying about everything that could go wrong on an Uber ride that rarely happens. It's pretty incredible to hear that people think I might rape,kidnap,or rob them when I'm really just a guy trying to make some money who would never do any of that.
    This seems like a really touchy issue, and most people would say how can you blame someone who takes precautions to ensure they are safe,but to accuse me of being a criminal right off the bat is ridiculous. Never once has someone apologized for making that assumption. Its funny because whenever I hear this its usually from a group of people who could easily defend themselves. What I'm referring to are the people who, right when they are about to get in the car,are having a conversation along the lines of 'call me when you get back or call me if something happens.' I even had a girl tell her boyfriend on the phone to call the cops if she doesn't respond within the hour,ridiculous.
    Another instance of something like this happening is when you end the trip and the customer comes back with, HOW MUCH IS IT? I understand they intend for you to end the trip, but this PAX literally said nothing the whole trip just to spring up on me at the last moment. I know there are scummy drivers who run the trip for longer, so its ok to ask to end the trip, this PAX' delivery was just downright rude.
    From now on I'm reporting these idiots, and 1-starring them. I really hope Uber cleans up its reputation or maybe it's just human instinct for the most part. Either way I'm sick of logging off and being stuck with a sour experience that makes me not want to drive again.
    It's sad because I keep getting weekly rating suggestion tips from Uber and nothing ever happens with the PAX. There should be a more straightforward rating system that encourages drivers and riders to clean up certain behaviors. Keep the ratings system for drivers but for passengers have a system admonishing for certain things like door slamming,mistreatment of car interior or anything else to raise the respect factor between the drivers and the PAX. Right now the PAX get away with everything. Uber was great but 6 months in and now it may be time to look for something else and not get treated like a criminal.

2. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

I would ask, "So what made you choose Uber?"

3. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

This is becoming more common. The news is being filled with stories about Uber drivers assaulting, robbing and otherwise terrorizing passengers. Passengers are having more and more sketchy drivers answering their calls. The reason this is happening is quite simple. Uber continues to slash rates thereby, chasing away their respectable drivers.

I started driving almost two years ago. I have endured two rates cuts, an unfair rating system, countless lies from Uber, starting with, telling passengers not to tip me because the tip was included. I've yet to receive any of those "included tips." Respectable people don't put up with this ****. I've cut back my driving to a bare minimum. Uber is no longer a viable option for me to make a little extra cash. I now only drive to make a few airport runs each month, and I keep the app installed in the hopes that Uber will raise rates back to a honest and fair amount. I have a nice car, a college education and was doing this to make a little extra money to help my kids in college. I've moved on to other things, because it is not financially viable to depriciate my car and take rides for less than $5 each. Legitimate companies pay you more money the longer you work for them. With Uber, they cut your rate without warning and then lie to you with some bull**** claim that lower rates will somehow make you more money. Uber's initial drivers were people like me. We worked a little here and there because the money was fair. Uber targeted us with phrases like "ride share." Uber doesn't want people like me anymore. They want desperate people who they can lie to, slash their pay without warning. People who are so desperate for money, that they have no choice but to put up with Uber's bull****.

Here's my point: the decent drivers who made up most of Uber's workforce are no longer driving as a result of Uber's despicable business practices. The decent one's who are left, don't drive much. The drivers who are putting in the vast amount of drive time, are people who are depending on Uber for all or most of their income. These people are basically unemployable in our society or they would certainly find work with a respectable company that didn't treat them so poorly. Uber now attracts, thieves looking for a victim, junkies driving for their next fix and people that are so unintelligent that they cannot understand basic mathematics.

Consider the mental status of a person who is willing to destroy their own car for $2.60 per ride. This is the minimum fare after Uber's cut in some markets. This doesn't even take into consideration gas, depreciation and maintenance. The bottom feeder drivers will hang around much longer than the rest of us.

Those using Uber for a little extra money will drive just a little bit. Those using Uber who are in between jobs, will find a new job. The person who comes to Uber thinking they are a viable, decent, honest company will figure out the truth and quit. The person who can't fit into societies workforce for whatever reason, will stay with Uber until the wheels fall off their car.

Most Uber drivers quit after three months. That should tell you something. They are certainly not being replaced with better people.

The passengers are judging you based on the majority of Uber's workforce. It really sucks.

4. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Me: "Put your foot in front of the other and walk your ass home".
    PAX: "but i might get kidnapped and raped by strangers on the streets".
    Me: "i only kidnap on weekends, its 11:55am Friday night and we are 4min away from your house".

Emp9 likes this.
  5. cityjohn

cityjohn Active Member

Smile and say, "Don't worry, I can get it done in 30 minutes"

Haha

Emp9 and ocbob2 like this.
  6. LA#1x3

LA#1x3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You r very very right also it dos not help us drivers when some driver posts on this forum how they started carring s gun in there car cuz they think they have a stocker and are really afraid of him.I don't know why they would let the world know about what's in there car And why not carry a pepper spray instead.

7. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't think the drivers are using their real names here. Nobody wants a grocery stocker coming at them.

Winkomo likes this.
  8. up the river

up the river Member

So many questions..Pepper spray or a Glock...Paper or Plastic...Water or Mint..Should I tip my stocker or not...

ocbob2 likes this.
  9. Emp9

Emp9 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    pax: look at my plate , then at me, back to my plate, hesitate

me:{ waving hand }come on lets go its a one way street lady.

Tx_female_Uber likes this.
  10. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

A "stocker"? Seriously?

Tx_female_Uber and Backdash like this.
  11. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

Stalker. [​IMG]

12. up the river

up the river Member

They givin free spelling lessons at the fantasy these days?

13. cityjohn

cityjohn Active Member

An all-original unmodified Prius

14. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wouldnt mind having a stoker. Just as long as the stoker; does my laundry, vacuum cleans the house, pays half the bills.

15. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

You're spelling is a trowshus. It's "stocker", not "stoker"

Tx_female_Uber and ocbob2 like this.
  16. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

What is "Trowshus"??

Are you thinking of "atrocious"?

17. LA#1x3

LA#1x3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  18. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are always around to mess up a good joke. You are on a roll this week.

19. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What do expect from the poster that puts a dollar sign after the number and the percentage sign before the numerical number? I actually was expecting worse than "stocker" . I was hoping from a "stroker" so we can play some Billy Squier.

20. Winkomo

Winkomo Member

"a grocery stocker" too funny