1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

PAX Ping Volume Off?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mickeymanp, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Mickeymanp

Mickeymanp New Member

Recently Uber/Lyft Ride request pings have no volume on my iPhone 6S. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it? Also, periodically the Uber app does not provide directions on the way to pick up a PAX even though the volume icon on the map is turned on. Any ideas on fix or "Settings" that I need to change would be appreciated.

2. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    by any chance is your phone plugged into the USB port of your audio system instead of a cigarette lighter adapter?

3. Mickeymanp

Mickeymanp New Member

The iPhone is connected to cigarette lighter adapter. Additionally, I use the iPhone's speaker vs. the audio system's speakers. I'm coming up to a year as a driver and its only been recently (2 months) that the ping stopped working (for both Uber and Lyft).

4. tinylion

tinylion New Member

Same problem here. Tried all fixes suggested on driver Help, only worked for a couple of days.

5. RatherBeUbering

RatherBeUbering Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    If you've connected your phone to your audio via Bluetooth in the past, it may connect automatically when you get in the car. If your radio is off, you won't hear the pings. Turn Bluetooth off and you should hear the pings again.

tinylion likes this.

6. tinylion

tinylion New Member

Thanks, already tried that. Still no audio in Uber Navigation .

7. Michelle Phillips

Michelle Phillips New Member

I had to turn off my Bluetooth from my iPhone to get the volume to work on my phone again.