1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax Pamphlet

Discussion in 'Advice' started by CelebDriver, Mar 8, 2017.

1. CelebDriver

CelebDriver Active Member

I am designing a pamphlet for pax to explain the rating system and tipping. Are there other things that pax should be told that they aren't?

I will post it here when I am done.

vdubbeet, Maudee, tohunt4me and 3 others like this.
  2. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Minors (under 18) are not allowed to create accounts.
    Minors (under 18) are not allowed to request a ride unless accompanied by an adult for the duration of the trip.

So many posts about rating, but make it simple.
    5* = Driver keeps driving.
    4* or less leads to deactivation (termination). When I explain the rating system to pax, they have no idea what "deactivation" means. "Termination" has a direct impact.

Tipping
    Please include UberSELECT. Uber's writing excudes Select. We Selects do not get tips included in the fare, and need some love too.

3. wgmartin

wgmartin Active Member

Please take their trash with them.

negeorgia, MrX, El Janitor and 3 others like this.
  4. SailingWithThe Breeze

SailingWithThe Breeze Well-Known Member

Please don’t wipe your boogers on the seats.

5. CrazyFemaleDriver

CrazyFemaleDriver Well-Known Member

Respect:
    Eating
    Making a mess
    Rudeness
    Damage
    It's rideshare-someone's personal car

I wish there was a classy way of saying drivers get paid X per mile & min (really low) and NOT a % of the fare Uber charges. AND Uber takes 25% of THAT mile/min fare. Pax are under the impression we make 75% of their fare. So when you want to go to McDonalds - we get 50 cents for waiting. On NYE I had a wife get in & say "it's ok - start the meter" while her hubby to over 10+ min to come out. No tip. I know better now.

6. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You can also put in a "Rider FAQ" section:
    Rider: "I hear you make [$90k/year | a lot of money] driving Uber! Is it true?"
    Answer with something respectful in the tune of "We are paid only on actual mileage + time after booking fee/tolls/Uber commision/etc is taken out, and also have to pay income tax on the full amount of the fare. We pay for the fuel, maintenance, etc with no reimbursement."

7. swingset

swingset Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    That sounds like a fantastic idea...I'll hand them out to my drunk, incoherent pax. You know what sloppy drunks love? Pamphlets.

8. CelebDriver

CelebDriver Active Member

You don't force it on them. They take one if they are interested.

Maudee likes this.
  9. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Suggestions for Rider Star Feedback

5 Star: I arrived at my destination in a timely manner
    4 Stars: Fire this driver tomorrow
    3 Stars: Fire this driver today
    2 Stars: Fire this driver immediately
    1 Star: I'm in the hospital, my wallet is missing and there's an APB out for this driver.

10. Aw Jeez

Aw Jeez Member

Man, some of you jokers must think your pax have never taken a taxi before!
    But they have, and that's what you are: a cab. Uber passengers don't consider themselves to be guests in your private car. Or that there riding in some sort of freaking limo. You're providing a service FOR MONEY, not doing them a favor by giving them a ride. Thus, the attitude of the Uber user is exactly the same as that of a taxi passenger.

Welcome to the club! Now you know why most taxis are the way they are.

11. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I completely agree with you.

The main difference between Taxi and Uber:
    Taxi drivers receive tips.
    Taxi drivers have a higher fare platform.
    Taxi drivers don't have to worry about 1* ratings, deactivations.

We should just leave Uber and become REAL Taxi drivers.

negeorgia, Booberx, Andretti and 10 others like this.
  12. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

This is my personal car. Please don't slam the doors when you exit.

You might explain that WE rate pax too, because I doubt if many pax know that -- especially newbies who might be interested in your pamphlet.

To me, a 5-Star pax only has to clear a pretty low bar -- it is a very rare exception for me to rate any pax below 5-Stars. Here are my criteria:
    1. Be READY. I don't have any firm standards for waiting, but if I wait very long, I'm thinking -- and at 5:01 I'm canceling unless it's a nice surge or an XL ride. And even if it's a nice surge...there is someone else waiting.
    2. Don't trash my car. I have a nice car and it's squeaky-clean. Don't leave trash -- that's a sure-fire downgrade, 1-4 stars depending on what you leave.
    3. No open containers. Period. Won't result in a low rating, but it will result in a cancellation at the first hint of reluctance to ditch the drink. And I don't care what is in the container -- if it's wet, it's yucky.
    4. Understand what you ordered. I don't do Poo, but I do take Lyft Line (have no choice). If you ordered Line, understand the restrictions and drawbacks and don't give me any crap about following the navigation or picking up other pax.
    5. Control kids and other small animals. I'm a driver, not a zoo keeper.
    6. Yes, I have an aux cord, and yes, you may listen to anything your little snowflake heart desires. You control the music; I control the volume.
    7. I do not have water, mints, candy, caviar, stone crabs, or any other delights. But I will be happy to drive you to the restaurant of your choice.
    8. I do not generally make stops en route. If it's a convenience store, grocery store, pharmacy, or drive through, the answer is no.
    9. Do NOT slam the door when exiting.

13. varyder

varyder New Member

These need to be way more friendly

BoboBig and CelebDriver like this.
  14. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

Yes, and whatever you do, don't turn this pamphlet into a harangue, or an extended whine, or anything that, if Uber got hold of, they could deactivate you for.

AllanJ, Duber12, Trebor and 1 other person like this.
  15. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Try to reference the Rider App TOS as much as possible. After all, most of the information is in there, but riders never read the TOS.

16. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I agree. What we say here is NOT what should go into the pamphlet -- any more than our complaints about Uber should be shared with the pax. Keep everything positive.

17. entrep1776

entrep1776 Well-Known Member

Uber pamphlet.

PLEASE TIP

that's all

Booberx, Maudee, Muziklyfe3 and 4 others like this.
  18. Maven

Maven Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I hope that the final version will fit on one side of a 5" x 8" White Index Card, in legibly large print for someone being bounced around in a dark car at night. Or am I expected to turn on the overhead light until the PAX finishes reading? If you wish, try multiple versions of text and layouts, each of which may appeal to different types of driver. "One size" rarely fits all.

Take your queues from "Tipping Signs" that are Colorful, Short, Direct, and Upbeat if not Funny. Remember that most PAX have a limited attention span and often something more important for them to accomplish during the ride. If the "pamphlet" takes more than 5-10 seconds to read then it will "less effective".

19. swingset

swingset Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I hate to be a wet blanket here, but the kind of person whose behavior is changed by a pamphlet didn't need one to begin with, because they were already a decent person.

Selfish, clueless people don't care and won't be educated out of their narcicissm. Trust me.

Wanna know what happens when the most basic civility/lesson is given to people? (Imagine a toilet with a "don't pee all over the seat" sign). The people not inclined to take that advice don't change their behavior, and a really nasty subset of people will do it just to spite you.

Don't waste your time/money. I get that you have good intentions here, but seriously, it won't change the public at large.

Uber, if it were a tiny bit more of a decent company, would make riders watch/checkbox a basic instructional video before being ok'd....and it would cover all this. But, they don't, and the turds would ignore it anyway.

My best advice is, get another job.

20. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

You're not a wet blanket. You're a realist.

AllanJ, Dback2004, mrblond and 4 others like this.