Pax not the actual requestor: You proceed or cancel??

Uberzoom

Pax at pickup is not the actual requestor but an acquaintance, employee or family relative. Do you take the fare or cancel??? I did take some but now cocerned to take the bad guy or girl.. What do you folks do?

negeorgia

It happens all the time and is only against policy if all riders are 17 or younger. I take them. The account holder is responsible for any issues of inappropriate rider behavior or cleaning fees. Also, any requests for too many riders than seatbelts, more than 2 riders for POOL/Line, no available child or booster seat when required by law, and all riders 17 or younger are fraudulent requests. Request that the account holder cancel their request. If they refuse, you cancel and send in a report.

sd1303

Pax at pickup is not the actual requestor but an acquaintance, employee or family relative. Do you take the fare or cancel??? I did take some but now cocerned to take the bad guy or girl.. What do you folks do?

Happens all the time. As long as they verify the name of the requestor, and they aren't an unaccompanied minor, you're fine.

Uberzoom

It happens all the time and is only against policy if all riders are 17 or younger. I take them. The account holder is responsible for any issues of inappropriate rider behavior or cleaning fees. Also, any requests for too many riders than seatbelts, more than 2 riders for POOL/Line, no available child or booster seat when required by law, and all riders 17 or younger are fraudulent requests. Request that the account holder cancel their request. If they refuse, you cancel and send in a report.

Thanx!!

Carbenger

I get a lot of pick-ups from high schools like that, parents request for student pick-up. We have a lot of parents from out of district gaming the system to get their kids in better schools. So these trips more times than not can be good money.

pjrxj

I get a lot of pick-ups from high schools like that, parents request for student pick-up. We have a lot of parents from out of district gaming the system to get their kids in better schools. So these trips more times than not can be good money.
At your own risk.

troycarpenter

You are correct, that's why I have front and back seat cameras with audio recording at all times.
And you won't be able to use those recording except in a legal proceeding if you are charged with a crime. Uber policy states that drivers taking underage passengers are subject to being barred from the system and if you use those recording to prove anything to Uber, you are just proving that you did indeed transport underage passengers.

Carbenger

And you won't be able to use those recording except in a legal proceeding if you are charged with a crime. Uber policy states that drivers taking underage passengers are subject to being barred from the system and if you use those recording to prove anything to Uber, you are just proving that you did indeed transport underage passengers.
OK, it's more important to me to prove my innocence in court than to prove anything to uber. I'm just doing this for extra pocket money. So if uber sent me an email right now saying I was barred from driving permanently it would not be any skin off my back.
For that matter Uber says I'm not allowed to arm myself or defend myself while I'm on Ubers time either. I break that rule too.

Do you disclose cam recording to Pax?
Yes I have it as an entry in my profile. Lawyer friend said that was good enough. The same as a business posting a sign on the front door.

Uberzoom

OK, it's more important to me to prove my innocence in court than to prove anything to uber. I'm just doing this for extra pocket money. So if uber sent me an email right now saying I was barred from driving permanently it would not be any skin off my back.
For that matter Uber says I'm not allowed to arm myself or defend myself while I'm on Ubers time either. I break that rule too.

Yes I have it as an entry in my profile. Lawyer friend said that was good enough. The same as a business posting a sign on the front door.

Thanx for sharing that!

troycarpenter

I'm not saying it's a bad idea...you should have it if just for that reason alone to protect you in case an accusation is made. However, unlike other issues Uber will block you for, the video might not help on the Uber front.

sd1303

You're OK in my book. Managed risk. Uber on.