Pax may have taken Amp/replacement protocol??

Zardoz

So it seems a damned pax may have made off with my Amp for some reason.

I can't be exactly sure who, but I remember that I gave some family a ride from their hotel to the airport --- and during this, one of the kids was looking at my Amp-- and then I had to get out of the car to help them get their suitcases out, and it wasn't for a little while later that I noticed that it wasn't there anymore (think the f'in kid may have grabbed it off my dash while I got out of the car).

What's protocol for reporting something like this?? Even if it WAS the person I was thinking, and I bring it up to Lyft (and they mention it to them), they parents could get defensive, deny it, give me a bad rating, whatever (not to mention since they were in from out of town, they probably won't pay to mail it long distance anyway).

Has anyone else had to replace theirs due to it being stolen, lost, or just not working?? Do we have to pay?? (I certainly don't want to pay a bunch for something someone else potentially took in the first place).

I still have my old pink glowing mustache that I could use in the meantime, but you really don't see those anymore anyway...

Thanks!!

Seamus

I can't be exactly sure who, but I remember that I gave some family a ride from their hotel to the airport --- and during this, one of the kids was looking at my Amp-- and then I had to get out of the car to help them get their suitcases out, and it wasn't for a little while later that I noticed that it wasn't there anymore (think the f'in kid may have grabbed it off my dash while I got out of the car).

What's protocol for reporting something like this?? Even if it WAS the person I was thinking, and I bring it up to Lyft (and they mention it to them), they parents could get defensive, deny it, give me a bad rating, whatever (not to mention since they were in from out of town, they probably won't pay to mail it long distance anyway).

Has anyone else had to replace theirs due to it being stolen, lost, or just not working?? Do we have to pay?? (I certainly don't want to pay a bunch for something someone else potentially took in the first place).

I still have my old pink glowing mustache that I could use in the meantime, but you really don't see those anymore anyway...

Thanks!!
Lyft will be of no help even if you saw the kid take it and run. You and your amp are considered totally disposable to Lyft. They will not confront a customer, and highly unlikely to send you a new one. You will just get a canned email letting you know how concerned they are, but reminding you that you serve the community so grin and eat it! Then you may get a bill for losing their amp.
If you are determined to light up their trade dress, go on amazon and buy a cheap light up. Ive seen them as cheap as $7.

Last edited:

UberAdrian

The protocol is to run and hide and hope Lyft doesn't send people to bust your kneecaps after their Amp Critical Investigation Team learns of this!

Go to a Lyft PMC (pink mustache center) and tell them a pax stole your Amp. Alternatively you could lie and say it stopped working and you tossed it then claim ignorance of the process. I doubt they'll make you pay for it, but if they try just say no and play chicken with them. They want you to have the Amp way more than you do and they'll cave no matter what their initial demands are.

Lyft will be of no help even if you saw the kid take it and run. You and your amp are considered totally disposable to Lyft. They will not confront a customer, and highly unlikely to send you a new one. You will just get a canned email letting you know how concerned they are, but reminding you that you serve the community so grin and eat it!

Seamus wuuuuut! I seriously doubt they'll deactivate him over an amp lol. What's next, firing squad because you lost your sticker?

kdyrpr

WTF you need to be advertising you drive for LYFT? F them. Why advertise that you are essentially unemployable in any other industry??

Seamus

The protocol is to run and hide and hope Lyft doesn't send people to bust your kneecaps after their Amp Critical Investigation Team learns of this!

Go to a Lyft PMC (pink mustache center) and tell them a pax stole your Amp. Alternatively you could lie and say it stopped working and you tossed it then claim ignorance of the process. I doubt they'll make you pay for it, but if they try just say no and play chicken with them. They want you to have the Amp way more than you do and they'll cave no matter what their initial demands are.

Seamus wuuuuut! I seriously doubt they'll deactivate him over an amp lol. What's next, firing squad because you lost your sticker?
No, the firing squad is reserved for if you lose your Lyft jacket they sent you!

Clothahump

Don't replace it. There are issues with vehicles showing a red or blue light forward that are not emergency vehicles. Lyft is catching heat about this in some states.

UberAdrian

Don't replace it. There are issues with vehicles showing a red or blue light forward that are not emergency vehicles. Lyft is catching heat about this in some states.

Yes there are major issues. Like here in Canada they are outright illegal. I made a whole thread about it and the consensus was it’s best to have one and hide/turn it off most of the time and only display it at pickup.

RioRoja

In early 2018, Lyft sent me a new one no questions asked and at no cost to me after I reported that mine was stolen.

1556721312135.png

Last edited:

CJfrom619

WHY do you need that unnecessary crap in the first place? I had two AMPs at one point and they earned me about $140 on Ebay.
Is this true? How much are they going for nowadays? Mines been sitting at the bottom of my closet for a while maybe its time to sell.

cumonohito

Do you have a dashcam video that can prove what you are saying? If not, do not bother telling Lyft about it, as it wont solve anything.

AnotherUberGuy

The funny (?) thing here is that Uber Beacons are allocated one per person per lifetime. If you lose it, break it, gets stolen, stops working, anything, Uber's answer is too bad. I can only suppose this is why these are such hot sellers on eBay.

OldBay

Parent told kid to steal it. If caught, would just claim kid didn't know what he was doing. So sorry...

Steven V

:laugh::laugh::laugh:These comments are cracking me up. I've never used an Amp. Just the logo on my windshield and my flashers when I get near the pick up. If they can't find me, easy cancel fee. "The most profitable ride is the one that's not given!!":laugh::laugh::laugh:

dauction

WTF you need to be advertising you drive for LYFT? F them. Why advertise that you are essentially unemployable in any other industry??
Really ?

... HELL YES I use a AMP to Advertise Lyft ..

As Independent Contracts we need to make damn sure (what ever we can do at our end) our Contractor has plenty of rides to line our pockets $$$$...

Rosalita

Thanks!!

I had to replace mine when the usb charging cord broke. Lyft hates it when you ask for something for free.
Post automatically merged:

Still waiting on my 1000 rides jacket! Accomplished the requirement over a month ago. Got a message saying Lyft all out of my size - XL???? - and it will be 14 weeks before they get the jackets in. Can you imagine? Taking almost five months to fulfill a jacket? I think they are hoping I won't be driving anymore by then and they won't have to spring for one. They might be right.
Post automatically merged:

The amp helps for pax to locate your vehicle especially in traffic, etc. I don't drive with mine on or even in window unless I'm working. I dont' want someone keying my car or busting out my windows because they had a bad experience with Lyft.

Last edited: