Pax made me a tiny bit upset for once.

Jst1dreamr

Last time I checked, neither Michael Reinoehl nor his victim were white supremacists.
Post automatically merged:

If you want to convince me that white supremacy plays a significant or even detectable part in the ongoing rioting, you'll have to offer some sort of proof. Failing that, I'll just shrug and conclude that it's BS.
Everything that @Iann says is BS.

I’m sure, I was being sarcastic.

I doubt much if any, actually moved out of the country.
That really is too bad though. We don't need them here.

Iann

That really is too bad though. We don't need them here.
Here's one example for you. https://unherd.com/2020/08/how-white-radicals-hijacked-portlands-protests/

If you don't live in Portland, YOU don't know what you're talking about. Portland has always had a large white supremacist group. They hide under other names such as Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer.

And yes, this country is turning into a shit hole 3rd world country.
I will stand by that other countries do not like us as I have experienced it first hand.

Fargle

Here's one example for you. https://unherd.com/2020/08/how-white-radicals-hijacked-portlands-protests/

If you don't live in Portland, YOU don't know what you're talking about. Portland has always had a large white supremacist group. They hide under other names such as Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer.

And yes, this country is turning into a shit hole 3rd world country.
I will stand by that other countries do not like us as I have experienced it first hand.

You missed the part where Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer are explicitly NOT white supremacist. That's according to the commonly-accepted definition of X-supremacist where X is some group (white, black, asian, etc). I see that you're going by the definition of "I don't like your politics" so therefore racist. Sorry, but I don't accept that as anything other than a sign of confusion or trying to cause confusion.

So I've noticed. Sometimes it's fun to back such BS-spewers into corners.

Iann

You missed the part where Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer are explicitly NOT white supremacist. That's according to the commonly-accepted definition of X-supremacist where X is some group (white, black, asian, etc). I see that you're going by the definition of "I don't like your politics" so therefore racist. Sorry, but I don't accept that as anything other than a sign of confusion or trying to cause confusion.

So I've noticed. Sometimes it's fun to back such BS-spewers into corners.
I'm speaking from first hand experience. It's obvious you're a "Woketard" that has not lived much outside your bubble of a safe space.
You're also clueless if you believe a large part of Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys aren't White Supremacist.

ntcindetroit

It takes a whole lot to get me annoyed, but I did (a little bit) after a conversation. Pickup up pax in Chicago wealthy North Shore and drove him downtown. He looked like he was in his late twenties. We started by talking about young people having a hard time finding work in general. Then he suddenly started up with blaming everything on Trump. I agreed with him Trump has character flaws. He kept going off about how Trump is ruining the country and turning us into a third world nation. I often have my guard up completely and walk/talk softly when it comes to politics with pax. So I tried to be as gentle as possible.

I did agree with him that our country has problems, but we are a great and wonderful nation. He answered back something like, "No, we are a stupid country with stupid people who elected Trump as our president", and then said something that somehow irritated me. He said something like, "I am ashamed to be American and if Trump does get re elected, I'm moving out to Canada". And then, "So many other countries are far better and people want to live there".

I very carefully pointed out that the U.S. still has the highest immigration by far, so there must be at least some people who like to come here. And I did point out to him in a respectful way that if he is going to move into another country he has to have money/and or skills. I did ask him what he did for work, and he said he was out of work now, but his last job was retail in Old Orchard Shopping Center. And he did say he lives with his parents and has little money.

He said that under Trump the U.S. has lost its status in the world, and started demeaning so many things. I nicely and kindly pointed out that the U.S. is still leading the world in many areas like high technology (Silicon Valley), educational institutions like the Ivy League, great movies, sports, and the military. He countered a story that I am not right about the military, like the Air Force. He said when he went to Israel, he talked to the Israeli Air Force and said their Air Force was vastly superior to that of the U.S.

So, I looked at him in the rear view mirror, and asked, "If there was an plane battle with ALL planes, would you take the U.S. Air Force or the Israeli Air Force? (I just wanted to see what he would say...I know such a thing would never happen between two friendly nations)" And then he replied that, "No doubt the Israeli Air Force". I pointed out to him that the U.S. Air Force is probably ten times larger (I didn't know off the top of my head). He responded back, "But the Israeli Air Force pilots are much better trained." To which I replied, "Maybe, I have no idea, but the U.S. Air Force is not some third world country trained group, and the U.S. probably has hundreds of thousand of planes vs. tens of thousands of planes for Israel".

At this point, I was more curious that someone could be illogical. So I pressed a tiny bit more... I asked him, "Then do you think that in the middle of the Pacific, if there was an air battle, then say 30,000 Israeli pilots could take down say 300,000 U.S. Air Force pilots?" (I know that such a battle would NEVER occur because the U.S. and Israel are close friends, but I asked just for a case example). I waited for it... and he answered, "No doubt, I'd bet on quality over quantity any day". So concluded with saying on the subject, "Sir, you may be right that quality is better... all things being equal, but quantity DOES matter. In an air battle over the ocean, there are not many places to hide except the clouds". (I told him that I have no doubt that Israel has an incredibly trained Air Force).

The subject came back again to Trump, and I wanted to make sure at this point that I didn't upset up, because I really don't like to argue with pax. When he said that under Obama the economy surged and under Trump the GDP was negative, and now plunged... I very nicely pointed out the facts. I told him that GDP growth was actually positive in every year Trump was in office, and the negative GDP numbers was due to Covid. I just gently told him that he has valid criticisms about Trump and told him he should tell all his friends to vote, As we came towards his destination, I steered the conversation into a friendly one about the Chicago Bulls.

I don't know about you guys, but whenever pax say something TOTALLY illogical, I like to carefully steer their logic in the right direction WITHOUT upsetting them. I think this is hard to do, and maybe it is a lot easier to keep quiet and just nod silently. But sometimes driving for a while can get boring. And when a pax says something so obviously wrong, I'll point to their mistakes. In this case, I got slightly annoyed and had to check myself when the pax trashed the U.S. the country and its citizens. I wondered if he hates it so much, he should leave. A lot of people would like to come here, in spite of all America's flaws...
Thought I'd move to Ontario, Ca., is that considered Canada too?

Fargle

I'm speaking from first hand experience. It's obvious you're a "Woketard" that has not lived much outside your bubble of a safe space.
You're also clueless if you believe a large part of Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys aren't White Supremacist.
Talk about confusion... WTF is a "woketard"? It seems like you've confused your insults. Given that "woke" has come to refer to the idiocy that fuels antifa and blm, it sounds like you're accusing me of having sympathies for those two groups. Who are you trying to insult?

Given that the only people who make accusations of Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys being white supremacist are antifa/blm sympathizers if not true-believers AND the fact that antifa/blm groups are well-known for telling lies and half-truths to achieve their goals, it's pretty clear that PP and PB are NOT white supremacist.

Have you any experience in proving things? Logic? Debate? The scientific method?

tohunt4me

It takes a whole lot to get me annoyed, but I did (a little bit) after a conversation. Pickup up pax in Chicago wealthy North Shore and drove him downtown. He looked like he was in his late twenties. We started by talking about young people having a hard time finding work in general. Then he suddenly started up with blaming everything on Trump. I agreed with him Trump has character flaws. He kept going off about how Trump is ruining the country and turning us into a third world nation. I often have my guard up completely and walk/talk softly when it comes to politics with pax. So I tried to be as gentle as possible.

I did agree with him that our country has problems, but we are a great and wonderful nation. He answered back something like, "No, we are a stupid country with stupid people who elected Trump as our president", and then said something that somehow irritated me. He said something like, "I am ashamed to be American and if Trump does get re elected, I'm moving out to Canada". And then, "So many other countries are far better and people want to live there".

I very carefully pointed out that the U.S. still has the highest immigration by far, so there must be at least some people who like to come here. And I did point out to him in a respectful way that if he is going to move into another country he has to have money/and or skills. I did ask him what he did for work, and he said he was out of work now, but his last job was retail in Old Orchard Shopping Center. And he did say he lives with his parents and has little money.

He said that under Trump the U.S. has lost its status in the world, and started demeaning so many things. I nicely and kindly pointed out that the U.S. is still leading the world in many areas like high technology (Silicon Valley), educational institutions like the Ivy League, great movies, sports, and the military. He countered a story that I am not right about the military, like the Air Force. He said when he went to Israel, he talked to the Israeli Air Force and said their Air Force was vastly superior to that of the U.S.

So, I looked at him in the rear view mirror, and asked, "If there was an plane battle with ALL planes, would you take the U.S. Air Force or the Israeli Air Force? (I just wanted to see what he would say...I know such a thing would never happen between two friendly nations)" And then he replied that, "No doubt the Israeli Air Force". I pointed out to him that the U.S. Air Force is probably ten times larger (I didn't know off the top of my head). He responded back, "But the Israeli Air Force pilots are much better trained." To which I replied, "Maybe, I have no idea, but the U.S. Air Force is not some third world country trained group, and the U.S. probably has hundreds of thousand of planes vs. tens of thousands of planes for Israel".

At this point, I was more curious that someone could be illogical. So I pressed a tiny bit more... I asked him, "Then do you think that in the middle of the Pacific, if there was an air battle, then say 30,000 Israeli pilots could take down say 300,000 U.S. Air Force pilots?" (I know that such a battle would NEVER occur because the U.S. and Israel are close friends, but I asked just for a case example). I waited for it... and he answered, "No doubt, I'd bet on quality over quantity any day". So concluded with saying on the subject, "Sir, you may be right that quality is better... all things being equal, but quantity DOES matter. In an air battle over the ocean, there are not many places to hide except the clouds". (I told him that I have no doubt that Israel has an incredibly trained Air Force).

The subject came back again to Trump, and I wanted to make sure at this point that I didn't upset up, because I really don't like to argue with pax. When he said that under Obama the economy surged and under Trump the GDP was negative, and now plunged... I very nicely pointed out the facts. I told him that GDP growth was actually positive in every year Trump was in office, and the negative GDP numbers was due to Covid. I just gently told him that he has valid criticisms about Trump and told him he should tell all his friends to vote, As we came towards his destination, I steered the conversation into a friendly one about the Chicago Bulls.

I don't know about you guys, but whenever pax say something TOTALLY illogical, I like to carefully steer their logic in the right direction WITHOUT upsetting them. I think this is hard to do, and maybe it is a lot easier to keep quiet and just nod silently. But sometimes driving for a while can get boring. And when a pax says something so obviously wrong, I'll point to their mistakes. In this case, I got slightly annoyed and had to check myself when the pax trashed the U.S. the country and its citizens. I wondered if he hates it so much, he should leave. A lot of people would like to come here, in spite of all America's flaws...
Screenshot_2020-09-11-22-38-25.png
Screenshot_2020-09-11-22-39-19.png

Immoralized

No one going to love the same president, country, military as you are that just part of living in a multicultural country and world.
Everyone has different opinions and mostly it just people ranting on each side of the fence.

Politics, race and everything else that a loaded topic can end up in a fake accusation and deactivation very quickly. Have known drivers that can't stfu in rides and would frequently disagree with riders and after the 3rd complaint he was no longer driving for any rideshare companies as they all dropped him.

9 out of 10 times I don't agree with what my riders say. I don't try to engage in conversation and would limit my replies to 1-3 words. Have had many "great conversation" badges :roflmao: "You Sir are absolutely the best UD I've had and had an incredible conversation with you." All I did was give basic responses and agreed to what they were saying 2/3 of what they were saying didn't even register because I"m that disinterested. Sometimes they just want someone to listen and not have an opinion or really say anything back to them.

Some of the drivers that have 20-30 thousand rides and still driving activity are among the most boring of people. But that why their still active and driving because the worst they get is a 1 star.

BTW I have a friend that got convinced by another servicemen while he was at a dinner party in India and that India officer there said America is nothing! India got the best military in the world! He believed it to be true and says that to all of his friends/family that India is the best military in the world and no other military can hold a candle to it. Wasn't even worth my time to convince or debate with him as I could clearly see it that his mind can't be changed and it'll just create unnecessarily drama.

Last edited: