Pax log

kah5683

I'm not talking about business expenses and mileage, even though some would lump together. I have a separate app for that I use. I am talking about a pax log. Surge/boost amounts, pax name, any issues or promises of tip. Just wondering what others were doing, if anything. If you ARE doing, what info are you logging? How are you logging - just a notebook? Or is this just a waste of time?

Stlman

Waste of time! It’s funny how I have heard people keeping a black book about people you don’t want to give a ride. You don’t know who you really are picking up, I once had this reporter in winnetka who I picked up, nice girl sounded like she was on the job for a few years. Anyway her name for the pick up name was killingblackpeople.

Shakur

Waste of time! It’s funny how I have heard people keeping a black book about people you don’t want to give a ride. You don’t know who you really are picking up, I once had this reporter in winnetka who I picked up, nice girl sounded like she was on the job for a few years. Anyway her name for the pick up name was killingblackpeople.

I need more info on this passenger

pizza guy

Yeah waste of time, especially in the city. In the suburbs you will probably remember the name or address if it's a repeat and the gave you problems.
To be honest I'll accept crappy riders if they are profitable.
I have a great pool regular extremely close to where I live. He's on the 5th floor so I've never actually never met him despite collecting many cancellation fees.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I kept a written journal at hand, potential regulars, high paying surge riders. Basic data, when, where, weather conditions, event type, biz traveller v. tourist. After awhile it'll become second nature.

kah5683

I wasn't thinking of pax info, but if in certain area that may work. I was thinking of surge amounts and if promised a tip so you can check later. I realize that for the most part it wastes time, but wanted to see if worth it for certain info to double check got paid correctly.

UberTrucker

Remember, HER LIFE MATTERS!

pizza guy

I kept a written journal at hand, potential regulars, high paying surge riders. Basic data, when, where, weather conditions, event type, biz traveller v. tourist. After awhile it'll become second nature.
You just can't do that anymore because pings no longer go to the closest drivers. I used to have a 4 ride route that took me from Lisle to Oak Brook to Bolingbrook to SW Naperville to NE Naperville close to where I lived. I would drop of the a rider and camp in front of the next one. If I did the first ride there was a 40% chance I could complete the route.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

You just can't do that anymore because pings no longer go to the closest drivers. I used to have a 4 ride route that took me from Lisle to Oak Brook to Bolingbrook to SW Naperville to NE Naperville close to where I lived. I would drop of the a rider and camp in front of the next one. If I did the first ride there was a 40% chance I could complete the route.
Well ok, I'll defer to your greater knowledge on that point, I've been inactive a minute now. It used to work consistently, even if you had to cxl a few mismatched pings. But tracking surge trends should still be viable, no?

pizza guy

Well ok, I'll defer to your greater knowledge on that point, I've been inactive a minute now. It used to work consistently, even if you had to cxl a few mismatched pings. But tracking surge trends should still be viable, no?
I don't pay much attention to surge staying in the suburbs. If I can't be profitable without it then it's time to quit. For me surge is kind of like than money you find in the coat you put away in the spring.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I don't pay much attention to surge staying in the suburbs. If I can't be profitable without it then it's time to quit. For me surge is kind of like than money you find in the coat you put away in the spring.
Sure. But did you ever reach into that coat and find a used condom. And then thought, wtf, that can't be mine. :eek:

Mad Medic

I've had a couple issues in the past with Uber support over trips that have disappeared. Contacting them without any trip ID or other info needed made the process next to impossible.

I've also had it happen on a few different occasions when I first started out in which I remained online after dropping off a pax and was typing in my issue related comments to support when all of a sudden I'd get another ping and then everything already typed in my comments,while just about almost completed was gone. A waste, pissed, and happened a few times.

Ever since, I simply kept a little loose leaf spiral notebook. Cost under a buck. I'll use it just to jot down little trip notes that I can support ticket later instead of taking that chance again typing something in a support ticket while online.

I've also used it just for little notes on boost areas and times instead of scrolling through promotions on the app.

Got a local guy in the Marines, gives me $60 twice a month to take him and pick him up at the airport each month for reserve training cause he stayed with his last unit even though he moved to Illinois. Used my little note book to 1st get his contact info. Then I began tracking rides with him.

Used my little notebook just to jot down some of the times and places I can expect some regulars in the suburb. After getting the same pax 4 times and taking him to work, then getting the same woman 3 times and taking her to work after dropping him off, figured it wouldn't hurt to write that down. Doing so, I've got the times,days, routes of about 18 regulars. Kind of doesn't hurt at all knowing Ted gets off work at 2pm and then Jerry who lives 2 blocks away from Ted always calls for his Uber at 230pm.

My little notebook also got me the name of an exterior painter that was doing work at a house near a pax drop off. No other paper in the car so put all his info in my Uber notebook.

I also use an app (StideDrive) to track my mies and expenses. Having a little $1 notebook in the car doesnt hurt anything. I'll use it just to jot down little lane closures. I say go for it to the original poster. Just don't record and log anything illegal.