Pax lied to save $5.00 cancel fee!

kc ub'ing!

Can't believe it! Ping came in at 7:22, I'm in the rideshare pick up lot at 7:25! I text rider directions to rideshare lot upon arrival, 7:25. He texts me back, "waiting on bags". I respond, "no prob". I don't mind waiting a while on airport pick ups, fares can be juicy. 10 minutes go by and the 'expletive deleted' cancels! No biggie, I get another airport ping 2 secs later.

But get this! I check earnings later, no cancel fee! I dispute immediately, Uber says,

"Thanks for getting in touch, KC.
We've reviewed the details of this trip. The request was cancelled by rider when you was running more than 5 minutes behind predicted ETA." But followed up with,

"However to compensent your effort we have adjusted the fare to include a cancellation fee to you."

Now grammatical atrocity aside, this is utter BS! If they actually reviewed the trip, they'd know the SOB was lying! Even the text record proves him a fraud! I am livid! Couldn't care less about the $3.75!

To lie and besmirch a fellow human being to save a crummy 5 bucks?!! I am sickened! I responded to Uber that I did NOT consider the issue resolved! I will not have my personal integrity placed in doubt by a lying cheapskate! I will fight brothers and sisters! I will fight for all of us! (i tend to go overboard, but i'm pretty pissed)

Jufkii

Can't believe it! Ping came in at 7:22, I'm in the rideshare pick up lot at 7:25! I text rider directions to rideshare lot upon arrival, 7:25. He texts me back, "waiting on bags". I respond, "no prob". I don't mind waiting a while on airport pick ups, fares can be juicy. 10 minutes go by and the 'expletive deleted' cancels! No biggie, I get another airport ping 2 secs later.

But get this! I check earnings later, no cancel fee! I dispute immediately, Uber says,

We've reviewed the details of this trip. The request was cancelled by rider when you was running more than 5 minutes behind predicted ETA." But followed up with,

"However to compensent your effort we have adjusted the fare to include a cancellation fee to you."

Now grammatical atrocity aside, this is utter BS! If they actually reviewed the trip, they'd know the SOB was lying! Even the text record proves him a fraud! I am livid! Couldn't care less about the $3.75!

To lie and besmirch a fellow human being to save a crummy 5 bucks?!! I am sickened! I responded to Uber that I did NOT consider the issue resolved! I will not have my personal integrity placed in doubt by a lying cheapskate! I will fight brothers and sisters! I will fight for all of us! (i tend to go overboard, but i'm pretty pissed)
You think any low paid over seas rep actually gives a damn about your personal integrity taking a hit? My sympathies and good luck but you are more than likely on your own here

Ozzyoz

You think any low paid over seas rep actually gives a damn about your personal integrity taking a hit? My sympathies and good luck but you are more than likely on your own here
They are making $1 an hour overseas.

Disgusted Driver

I hear you but you need to leave your dignity at the door if you work for Uber, both clients and company don't care a wit about us or our integrity.

kc ub'ing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear you but you need to leave your dignity at the door if you work for Uber, both clients and company don't care a wit about us or our integrity.
I hear you but I am still bugged. Me and the pax had a conversation via text. It was short and meaningless but a relationship was established. He had no choice but to see me as a person. Yet he still lied and dinegrated me to save a buck! GDPOS!

Agent99

I think it was just a misunderstanding by the CSR. The system should have automatically charged a cancellation fee. The CSR really doesn't have the technical expertise to understand why that didn't work as it was supposed to, so he/she came up with a possible explanation. Your integrity really has nothing to do with it.

When you arrived, did you click the button indicating you arrived? If not, you should have.

kc ub'ing!

When you arrived, did you click the button indicating you arrived? If not, you should have.
Didn't need to. Ap knew I arrived and had the usual, "wait for rider. rider has been notified" note on the screen. Not to mention our texts exchange. It's very compassionate of you to attempt see both sides. But in this instance, I am totally right and was viciously wronged! 'You missed it by this much!':wink:

Last edited:

Agent99

You absolutely should have gotten the cancellation fee automatically by the system without having to ask Uber for it. The passenger cancelled after you arrived and waited for him over 5 minutes. Simple. Regardless, in situations like this, I have always gotten my money back after explaining to Uber. This won't be the last time you'll have to argue with Uber to get a fare corrected or a cancellation fee paid to you. They operate on the basis that most drivers won't contest the fare or fee miscalculation. If you persist you will generally succeed.

Last edited:

shiftydrake

I have seen and heard about passengers' lying to chisel fifty cents off a cab fare.
Or this one is even better my meter clicks at .20 per 1/10 of mile or 2.00 a mile so anyway I drop off this one lady fare was $9.80 she hands me $10 and doesn't move till I give her $.20 change......and same lady called us to take her 500 feet to a bus station.....the meter clicked 1 time

Baby Cakes

Can't blame the PAX on this one, the ETA is worked out by GPS ( which in this case it screwed the pooch) PAX cancelled for whatever the reason and because the the nature of Airport pickups the gps thought you were late.

kc ub'ing!

BC, you are forgetting about the text convo I had with the pax. He knew I arrived 3 minutes after he requested and how long I'd been waiting. He couldn't get his personal thing together for whatever reason at baggage claim, chose to cancel and lied to avoid fee!

Uber gave me the cancel fee after my first complaint. That's not my point. I'm PO'd cuz the the pax lied and said I screwed up! Character and principals matter!

Agent99

KC, you really don't know what the passenger "said". The CSR didn't actually state the passenger said something.

Agent99

image.jpeg

Sometimes - not 100% of the time - the passenger will get a pop up notice that looks like the one uploaded here. The passenger may or may not get the notice, may or may not answer the notice, may or may not feel forced to answer, and may or may not think any of the reasons listed are a perfect explanation on what happened. Or he is a d*****bag trying to avoid getting stuck with a cancellation fee. All of these things are possible.

kc ub'ing!

Agent99, I'm unsure why you insist on being so magnanimous toward my poopoo-head rider. If I wanted his point of view, I'd go to a Uber riders forum. Just say, "bummer kc, that cat was out of line, you'll be ok!" Seriously though, the rider lied and dissed my competency as part of his subterfuge and I hope he gets testicular cancer. Not to death mind you, I'm not that vindictive! Just losing one ball or a half!

Last edited:

Agent99

Don't get me wrong, I think the rider was a
d-bag for cancelling. I just think the CSRs are often incompetent, and that just made it worse in this case. You have no idea how often they just make it up as they go along.

UberLou

I have disputed, professionally of course, every trip that has ever been adjusted on my pay statement. Especially cancellation fees. Over the last six months I have had zero pay adjustments made. I have proven I will dispute them all so I feel confident they do not even try anymore.

I simply state "If Uber wants to make the executive decision to adjust a fare in the interest of customer service that is on you. At no time should my fares be adjusted without my knowledge and/or approval. If Uber can show just cause that I did something to cause a fraudulant transactoin on a passengers bill then please provide that proof. If not please return the full fare/fee to my weekly paystatment."

reg barclay

I think the Uber app will generally know whether you are within 5 minutes of ETA or not and charge accordingly, this plus that it seems the fare was never charged (as opposed to charged and reversed) leads me to guess that this was an app malfunction (possibly you weren't close enough to the exact pin location of the pax so you never technically 'arrived') but at this point it's really hard to know either way. This being said I am not disputing your sadness at the fact that human beings often behave badly to each other or that such people exist, but with that sobering thought in mind be glad at least you got your cancellation fee.