Pax is a cop

Gwoae

2 times tonight I had cops coming home from drinking. Makes me feel awkward driving with them. I am a safe driver and never had a ticket before but it still makes me anxious driving them. Anyone else have that feeling?

Spotscat

No.

In my illustrious Uber career, I've hauled CoMoPD officers, Missouri Highway Patrol troopers, and one DEA Special Agent. They're no different than any other Uber passenger.

Gwoae

No.

In my illustrious Uber career, I've hauled CoMoPD officers, Missouri Highway Patrol troopers, and one DEA Special Agent. They're no different than any other Uber passenger.

I just get paranoid that if I go 7 mph over limit then they will say something or even worse give a ticket. Can they even do that? Or if I don't stop for 3 sec at a stop sign then the same thing.

On the other hand if I am going 34 on a 35mph 2 lane they are probably going to be annoyed since everyone goes 50.

Spotscat

I just get paranoid that if I go 7 mph over limit then they will say something or even worse give a ticket. Can they even do that? Or if I don't stop for 3 sec at a stop sign then the same thing.

On the other hand if I am going 34 on a 35mph 2 lane they are probably going to be annoyed since everyone goes 50.
My experience is this --

If they're off duty, they're not going to give you a citation. As long as you drive like a normal person, they're no different than any other passengers. If you drive like Speed Racer, they may tell you to slow it down, but that's about all.

I picked up four of them at a local topless bar at closing time, and we were sitting at a light waiting for it to change. 4am, absolutely no traffic whatsoever, and the one in the front tells me I can go ahead and go - so i did.

The night shift cops around here are cool - they know what we do and they appreciate that we're giving drunks a ride home, so they usually cut us a lot of slack.

MoreTips

My experience is this --

If they're off duty, they're not going to give you a citation. As long as you drive like a normal person, they're no different than any other passengers. If you drive like Speed Racer, they may tell you to slow it down, but that's about all.

I picked up four of them at a local topless bar at closing time, and we were sitting at a light waiting for it to change. 4am, absolutely no traffic whatsoever, and the one in the front tells me I can go ahead and go - so i did.

The night shift cops around here are cool - they know what we do and they appreciate that we're giving drunks a ride home, so they usually cut us a lot of slack.

I agree that cops should really appreciate us, definitely saves them alot of work. Only problem I can see is the Uber drivers that do the really dumb stuff like blocking traffic, almost causing accidents, you've probably seen other rideshare drivers do something silly. Anyway these cops see enough of that behavior and I think it can give them a bad opinion of us too.

With anything it's always a few that mess it up for everyone else.

Gwoae

My experience is this --

That's actually how it came up today. It was about 330 and at a red light. Guy in back seat was like, Joe is a cop you can go through the light. I was like sorry I need to follow the laws of the road. Light changed quickly after that anyways. Then ride continued on as normal. I did receive a 1 star tonight aND have no idea who it was. Could have been him.

goneubering

2 times tonight I had cops coming home from drinking. Makes me feel awkward driving with them. I am a safe driver and never had a ticket before but it still makes me anxious driving them. Anyone else have that feeling?

Cops are just people. I've even had some special forces guys. All of them have been very cool.

Plato

Nope. They are people just like anyone else. Most of the time, they are pretty cool. Never a bad ride for me with a police officer.

Trafficat

Cops are just people. I've even had some special forces guys. All of them have been very cool.
Cops are just people... just people with ticket books! Special forces don't have authority under the law to cite you if you break a traffic rule!

That said, I've never had any trouble with a cop in my car. I drive the same way transporting a cop pax as I do when I'm being followed by a cop car... very... carefully.

peteyvavs

Cops drive for Lyft because only a crazy person would go into neighborhoods that Lyft goes to. At least Uber doesn't accept generic debit cards like Lyft does.

nickd8775

I had a state trooper and his wife as passengers. They were running late for a flight. The cop flashed his badge and told me that I won't get a ticket with him in the car.
Needless to say, I got to the airport in record time and went 90-100 mph on the empty highway. One of the few times I could drive fast with little fear of a speeding ticket.

Trafficat

I had a state trooper and his wife as passengers. They were running late for a flight. The cop flashed his badge and told me that I won't get a ticket with him in the car.
Needless to say, I got to the airport in record time and went 90-100 mph on the empty highway. One of the few times I could drive fast with little fear of a speeding ticket.

If you got pulled over, you think him having a badge is going to stop you from getting a ticket? I wouldn't bet on it. Sometimes cops give cops tickets. Especially from other departments.