• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax in possession of drugs?

Dominc Scott

Ok, so this is my first post. I'm very new to this forum thing and new as an Uber driver. But I hit a bit of an issue with one of the riders I had.
A few things you should know first: I live in North California but I work/drive in Los Angeles which is about two hours a day, Wednesday thru Sunday night, so when I get a ride locally outside my schedule, I always call ahead of time to make sure they aren't taking me down to the city or out of my city limits.

So here's the sinch;

I accepted a local ride and it was under the name Daphina. I called her twice to confirm that it's her I would be picking up and that her destination was in our city limits. She confirmed all of this. I arrive at her pick up spot. But it turned out not to be her who was getting in the car. She ordered a ride for what I would like to assume was her drug dealer. It was a 6'4 African American man who was fairly well-groomed but very intimidating and brutish. He got in the car and I was a tad bit confused at first but he explained that she was helping him get back home. I didn't think much of it so we started the trip. He was very laid back at first but out of nowhere, he started flirting and making awkward conversation which eventually bordered sexual harassment. I kept quiet and tried not to engage. He started fumbling with his bacl pack and taking out all these drugs like weed and something that looked like pills. I didn't say anything until he tried to get something out of his pocket which ended up spilling all in my front seat and console. He then got really mad and started cursing because it was crystal meth and he literally just spilled it all in the cracks of my seat, parking brakes, cup holders, etc. I became very terrified and he got a little aggressive and called me names. He gave me directions to some sketchy place and I thought it was his destination but it wasn't. He got out of the car and took my tip money I had in my driver side cupholder and he was like "I'm just going to hold on to this" leaving all his mess and backpack and went to someone's front door and just stood there watching me. At this point, I'm shaking. I called my husband and told him what's going on. He told me to throw all his stuff out and drive away. When I tried to do that, he ran back to my car and started fighting with me trying to get back in. I told him he can't and that I have to go and the ride is over but he just got in my car anyway and started cursing me out even more. Mind you, this guy is 6'4 about 200lbs. I'm 5'4, 109 lbs. I didn't have much of an upper hand. I defaulted and just kept driving in silence while he talked crap to me. When I dropped him off, he threatened to one star me and report me to Uber for trying to leave him and fighting with him. I literally sped off with my door still open, like he was barely getting out of the car. Lol. But I reported the entire thing to Uber, from the drugs to the stealing my money and the abuse. I requested a cleaning fee, I reported them for the wrong rider and for being dangerous. They literally just sent me a slap on the wrist email and I'm confused as to what now. I cleaned up my car but what am I to do? Like the guy took over $20 in dollar bills from me, spilled a ridiculous amount of drugs in my car and forced himself in my car after I said no. I should have called the police in retrospect but it was early like 7am and I didn't want to extra drama.

Last edited:

Coachman

Ok, so this is my first post. I'm very new to this forum thing and new as an Uber driver. But I hit a bit of an issue with one of the riders I had.
A rider spills meth all over your car, steals your tip money, and gets physically aggressive, and you call that "a bit of an issue?"

afrojoe824

troll...

"North California" But works in Los Angeles.

Whats "North California"? Californians ALWAYS say Northern or Southern California and NEVER fail to give up the city they live in. It's some type of way to show you're proud of where you're from...

This post is saying TROLL all over

nickd8775

You call 911 and don't talk. Drive towards a police station. If you see a cop, break a traffic law on purpose and try to get pulled over. At that point, you're being carjacked.
After the pax gets arrested, drive in circles on the meter to get your $20 back.
Wear a gas mask when you vacuum it out so you don't get high.

Dominc Scott

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I take it everyone from California is rude? Even on the internet. I don't even know what a troll is but ok? Thank you? I'm not from California, fyi. I've only been here since July. I live in a town called Adelanto, near Victorville, don't know exactly how north it is. But from Los Angeles, I have to take the 170 to the 5 to the 14 and then the 138.
Uber sent me an email saying they contacted the account holder but it's like what is she going to do if she didn't even know the guy? I cleaned my car myself and yes, believe it or not, I keep change and tip money in my cup holder for convenience. No one really gets in the front seat of my car except my boyfriend so I never had to worry about moving or hiding it. I just wanted advice on what to do after I reported and got in contact with Uber because this has never happened before but ok thank you all for the useless advice and rude comments.

McLovin

So I take it everyone from California is rude? Even on the internet. I don't even know what a troll is but ok? Thank you? I'm not from California, fyi. I've only been here since July. I live in a town called Adelanto, near Victorville, don't know exactly how north it is. But from Los Angeles, I have to take the 170 to the 5 to the 14 and then the 138.
Uber sent me an email saying they contacted the account holder but it's like what is she going to do if she didn't even know the guy? I cleaned my car myself and yes, believe it or not, I keep change and tip money in my cup holder for convenience. No one really gets in the front seat of my car except my boyfriend so I never had to worry about moving or hiding it. I just wanted advice on what to do after I reported and got in contact with Uber because this has never happened before but ok thank you all for the useless advice and rude comments.
If you were truly in fear for your safety you would not worry about throwing his things out of the car for your getaway. Just drive away and call 911. That's why this story doesn't ring true with a lot of people. I would want to hear the other side for sure. No, never mind. I really don't.

Dominc Scott

You call 911 and don't talk. Drive towards a police station. If you see a cop, break a traffic law on purpose and try to get pulled over. At that point, you're being carjacked.
After the pax gets arrested, drive in circles on the meter to get your $20 back.
Wear a gas mask when you vacuum it out so you don't get high.

I should have but I just kept thinking about that one guy who made the taco bell guy angry and got beat up for it like I was not trying to have that happen to me

Dominc Scott

If you were truly in fear for your safety you would not worry about throwing his things out of the car for your getaway. Just drive away and call 911. That's why this story doesn't ring true with a lot of people. I would want to hear the other side for sure. No, never mind. I really don't.

I don't really care about all of that jargon like I don't. If you don't believe it, don't believe it lol. I'm 21 with three jobs and a husband and a shit ton of pets, I wouldn't waste my time for no reason. Like be real. Maybe some of the other low lifes that perpetuated your obvious cynicism but not me. Don't have the time. I'm a new driver, I'm new to California. I come from a small town in Arizona lol like it's not every day we deal with drug addicts and thugs, actually we don't at all. It was a new experience to me. I tried to throw his stuff out but someone my size in a toyota prius c trying to fight off some thug high on meth? ok. Acting out was not something I wanted to do. Especially when he was right next to me and there was already an incident where an Uber driver got assaulted. You guys say all this nonsense now that you would have done this and this but actually get in the situation and then tell me how it goes. After he forced his way in my car, it was a wrap after that. I wasn't trying to become the next news story

McLovin

I don't really care about all of that jargon like I don't. If you don't believe it, don't believe it lol. I'm 21 with three jobs and a husband and a shit ton of pets, I wouldn't waste my time for no reason. Like be real. Maybe some of the other low lifes that perpetuated your obvious cynicism but not me. Don't have the time. I'm a new driver, I'm new to California. I come from a small town in Arizona lol like it's not every day we deal with drug addicts and thugs, actually we don't at all. It was a new experience to me. I tried to throw his stuff out but someone my size in a toyota prius c trying to fight off some thug high on meth? ok. Acting out was not something I wanted to do. Especially when he was right next to me and there was already an incident where an Uber driver got assaulted. You guys say all this nonsense now that you would have done this and this but actually get in the situation and then tell me how it goes. After he forced his way in my car, it was a wrap after that. I wasn't trying to become the next news story
Then enlighten us with this statement -

"When I dropped him off, he threatened to one star me and report me to Uber"

Really? This was YOUR concern? Either you have a misplaced sense of priorities or you embellish reality.

Dominc Scott

Then enlighten us with this statement -

"When I dropped him off, he threatened to one star me and report me to Uber"

Really? This was YOUR concern? Either you have a misplaced sense of priorities or you embellish reality.
You must not read very often do you or people must avoid talking to you because as I recall, when you're telling someone something you feel is important, don't you include every detail? Nowhere in my post does it state that was a concern. You're being argumentative for no reason and I'm not going to entertain you. You're probably just as bitter and pathetic in real life as you are on the internet. Your priorities are misplaced honey. xoxox

nuggetnut

I would have introduced him to my "little friend". You really have to ask if you should have called the cops or just drove away with his shit in your car??
You just said you have a husband but in your story you called your boyfriend?? No, I don't see any holes in this story... must be true...

"At this point, I'm shaking. I called my boyfriend and told him what's going on."
"I'm 21 with three jobs and a husband and a shit ton of pets"

Last edited:

Coachman

I would have introduced him to my "little friend". You really have to ask if you should have called the cops or just drove away with his shit in your car??
You just said you have a husband but in your story you called your boyfriend?? No, I don't see any holes in this story... must be true...

"At this point, I'm shaking. I called my boyfriend and told him what's going on."
"I'm 21 with three jobs and a husband and a shit ton of pets"
Give her a break. She had to call her boyfriend because her husband was busy taking care of all those pets.