Pax gets the pick up point wrong by 4.7 miles

nomad_driver

This afternoon I get a ping from my local Walmart. Hoorah says I and I head over. The pax messages me that she is outside and is wearing a yellow shirt. I'm thinking this should be an easy pick up by to my surprise I cannot find her. She calls me and we try to find each other but even though we are both standing in front of the market enterance we can't find each other. I'm already suspecting that she put in the wrong Walmart and then she says she wants me to cancel the ride and select do not charge so she can call another Uber. I tell her I'm not going to do that and then my suspicion is comfirmed when she says that there is a Payless next to the Walmart. My Walmart doesn't have a Payless nearby but I know that a Walmart 4.7 miles away that does. I tell her she needs to cancel the ride. I think she knew the whole time that she messed up and she was trying to get out of the cancellation fee.

PTCGUY

This afternoon I get a ping from my local Walmart. Hoorah says I and I head over. The pax messages me that she is outside and is wearing a yellow shirt. I'm thinking this should be an easy pick up by to my surprise I cannot find her. She calls me and we try to find each other but even though we are both standing in front of the market enterance we can't find each other. I'm already suspecting that she put in the wrong Walmart and then she says she wants me to cancel the ride and select do not charge so she can call another Uber. I tell her I'm not going to do that and then my suspicion is comfirmed when she says that there is a Payless next to the Walmart. My Walmart doesn't have a Payless nearby but I know that a Walmart 4.7 miles away that does. I tell her she needs to cancel the ride. I think she knew the whole time that she messed up and she was trying to get out of the cancellation fee.
I had something similar to that last week. Rider wanted me to cancel so she wouldn't get charged. I told her I couldn't do that. Told we are tracked on our cancellation rate and that I was not going to blemish my record. She wanted me then to drive to her. I said I wouldn't. That she needed to cancel and put in correct pick up address. She was mad but who cares. $4.50 or $3.75 for me! Can't keep track of the changes. It was one or the other. Also that is why I don't call X pax until 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Keep on the phone for 30 seconds and either have them cancel or RNS them.