• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax from swimming pool

bigprttygrlswag

HELP! I picked up 3 pax from downtown hotel - I didn't know they came from the POOL until the next ride told me the seats were really wet.
I emailed uber from the waybill, idk if that'll knock me out for the evening.
Could I keep driving and just accept 1-pax rides? Would a plastic trash bag over the seat hurt my ratings?
After those fools left their keys in my car, I returned them, took their ping to take them back home and NO TIP!!!

Choochie

HELP! I picked up 3 pax from downtown hotel - I didn't know they came from the POOL until the next ride told me the seats were really wet.
Could I keep driving and just accept 1-pax rides? Would a plastic trash bag over the seat hurt my ratings?
After those fools left their keys in my car, I returned them, took their ping to take them back home and NO TIP!!!
I love my leather seats, no dog hair,no wet seats; easy to clean. Too bad they ruined your night. Sounds like they are going to be wet for a long time unless you can get a big dryer.
Even if the surface seems dry I bet it soaked the whole seat. Didn't you notice their attire? I wouldn't have let them in my car in spite of the fact that I have leather. The audacity of these pax.

UberXTampa

Dry your car and ask uber to reimburse you for the down time.
They did the same to me.
It took a battle to get the money. In busiest night of the week you are forced to dry the seats. They must pay for it!

bigprttygrlswag

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sent pic, dried them up with a vacuum, and parked my car in the sun with the windows down. Driving til midnight for the guarantee - but I had planned on stopping at 9 :frown:

Trebor

Did Uber ever pay you?

How do you know it was a swimming pool and not urine or spilled drinks?

That is how you tell Uber, You have no clue what it was so you have to get the car thoroughly detailed.

bigprttygrlswag

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did Uber ever pay you?

How do you know it was a swimming pool and not urine or spilled drinks?

That is how you tell Uber, You have no clue what it was so you have to get the car thoroughly detailed.
I haven't heard from uber yet. I emailed them a second time.

Choochie

Uber will not pay you for downtime. The best you can hope for is a cleaning fee.
She was only inconvenienced a few hours and didn't mention a stain so it is doubtful they will be interested in awarding any cleaning fee for water. That is just a logical guess.