Pax don't care or they're playing stpid

VaVaUber

They're just being smart asses, I had a few of those last night
Screenshot_20170924-153855_1.jpg

VaVaUber

The reason why driving at night sucks, drunk as a skunk and continue to drink even in the car, can't imagine how stupid you can be, you know? Drinking until they pass out/die.
I stoped driving weekend or late nights for the same reason, but last night was the exception.
It was so crowded and on going, that I
extended driving til 1:40.
But kaboom, it never fails. Same ol same ol

Philbert

As a recovering alcoholic (2 years sober) drunk people just annoy me now in general, but I really hate the ones that try to smuggle in drinks and are so secretive about it. When I tell them no open containers they sometimes say "wow how did you know I had it, LOL?!" Because I now have the senses of a shark now when it comes to booze. I can taste it in the air from 20 feet away, and I can estimate your blood alcohol level just glancing at you. Or ya know, you're holding a glass bottle and you reek like a bar.

mjyousse

As a recovering alcoholic (2 years sober) drunk people just annoy me now in general, but I really hate the ones that try to smuggle in drinks and are so secretive about it. When I tell them no open containers they sometimes say "wow how did you know I had it, LOL?!" Because I now have the senses of a shark now when it comes to booze. I can taste it in the air from 20 feet away, and I can estimate your blood alcohol level just glancing at you. Or ya know, you're holding a glass bottle and you reek like a bar.
Never drank in my life, would be amazing to have that sense. I'm clueless unless I see them drinking it lol

VaVaUber

In my case, it happens in a similar way, but instead of alcohol, my habit was tobacco, by the way congrats on the 2years, it's a long road and your walking it well.
I quit smoking 5years ago, and everytime someone with a strong scent gets in my car, I immediately roll down the windows, I don't care how hot or cold is outside.
They ask to put the window up, I shoot straight, "sorry but, you have a strong scent from tobacco, I suggest next time avoid smoking before boarding, so you won't have the unpleasant weather condition slapping at you like I have the unpleasant smoke odor getting to my lungs" (of course at this point I can't say I used to smoke).
"want some gum?"

Philbert

Never drank in my life, would be amazing to have that sense. I'm clueless unless I see them drinking it lol

Believe me you don't want the senses that come from the addiction. Imagine being a heroin junkie in a society where 75% of the population shoots up in public and at parties. You stop doing it, but you can't escape it. Everyone now thinks your weird because you don't join them anymore. That's what being a alcoholic in recovery is like. Booze is pervasive in our culture, people can't socialize without it and it's EVERYWHERE. I guess you just notice it more as an addict. You're smart to not drink, but it sure is a lot of fun.

Gibman73

When it comes to night pick ups, always start with the upper hand, literally. Since basically half of SF lives on a hill and also I find for personal reasons, people usually use an address a couple doors down hill from them. This enables people to sort of appear out of nowhere between parked cars. Most of the time, depending on the street of course, I go further uphill a) to turn around and b) be uphill from people. This is all just to get eyes on people first or before they are tapping at my window to get in. I go to great lengths to see them first, this enables seeing things like bottles, stumbling, and general attitude in case I decide they're not worth the trouble. If you haven't developed your red flags, you may be doing it wrong. You can be 5 doors downhill from people and they're fine walking down but usually if you're even just 20 feet uphill they'll just step out and wave.