PAX damaged car = Lyft immediate compensation!

Skyviper

I had a really good experience with Lfyt today. I picked up a rider and her "service" dog and took her from N. High St. to the downtown Westin. Only a short 9 minute ride, but long enough for her mutt to shed like an entire new dog onto my interior and scratch and scuff my interior trim as well as get nasty dog nose goo and slobber on both myself and the center console computer screen.

The dog was a large German Shepherd and I told the woman when I picked her up that the dog needed to be on the floor in front of the front passenger seat if she wanted to bring it. That was my "accommodation" to comply with the ADA. Whatever, I just didn't want dog hair all over the entire of my interior and by law we can't refuse service to people with service animals.

OK, the pax was a complete loser. She complained about the dog getting dog hair on her clothes and said it wouldn't happen if the dog was in the back seat. She was going to need to change clothes before work. Whatever. My car was looking like a dog exploded in it by this time. I wanted that mess contained to as small an area as possible.

When I finally dumped her and her mutt off I gave her one star and went offline for both Lyft and Uber. End of my day. No other pax would want to sit in or near that mess.

I got home and took pictures of the mess and damage and sent them to Lyft. With in two hours Lyft gave me $100. I cleaned the car and am very satisfied with the fast resolution to the issue and the money both covered my time and effort cleaning my car, it also helped cover my lost revenue because the car need to be out of service after the incident.

I'm VERY satisfied with how this was handled. I have attached some pictures of the mess left behind after the dog rode in my car.

Again, Lyft really came through for me, and FAST! Only two hours and I had the monetary compensation. Awesome!
dog1.jpg
dog2.jpg
dog3.jpg

the rebel

Good to hear that Lyft came through for you and paid you, especially since it sounds like one of those fake service dogs. The trained dogs sit right where they are asked to, and move very little, but these fake one piss me off. Especially since I am allergic to them.

Skyviper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good to hear that Lyft came through for you and paid you, especially since it sounds like one of those fake service dogs. The trained dogs sit right where they are asked to, and move very little, but these fake one piss me off. Especially since I am allergic to them.
I agree. This dog had some training, and she said it alerted to her seizures. The dog didn't bark, but really didn't sit still and seemed fairly well behaved, but not what I expect from a service dog.

IERide

so far I'm fairly impressed with Lyft's driver support..
Does anyone know if the pax gets charged back when Lyft pays to clean up their mess?

Skyviper

I just can't imagine how these cheap pax don't fight back/deny/lie when they see these charges.
I really have to wonder if Lyft is going to charge and then have a fight with someone with a service animal who could make a big stink in court if it ever got that far. They probably just paid me and are going to eat the cost. It's only $100 and for a huge company, that might be the cost of doing business. I could see them de-activating her rider account, especially if there have been other complaints about her.

FAC

That's awesome Lyft came through for you like that! That sucks the dog made such a mess. It gives a bad name to those with real service dogs. The least she could do is bring a towel or something if she knew it sheded like that!

Frontier Guy

I agree. This dog had some training, and she said it alerted to her seizures. The dog didn't bark, but really didn't sit still and seemed fairly well behaved, but not what I expect from a service dog.
I have a friend with a seizure alert dog, it gets very nervous/panicky if they are separated and it can't fully see her. Not to make excuses, but that could play into it not wanting to sit still, especially if it was in the front and she was in the back.

You've got maybe $20 in clean-up costs based on pics, that Lyft gave you $100 pisses me off, had a pax put wet clothes (undergarments and a towel) on my seat, left it unusable for a couple of hours, and I had to sign off until it was fully dried. When I submitted pics and a claim, Lyft declined it.

Skyviper

I have a friend with a seizure alert dog, it gets very nervous/panicky if they are separated and it can't fully see her. Not to make excuses, but that could play into it not wanting to sit still, especially if it was in the front and she was in the back.

You've got maybe $20 in clean-up costs based on pics, that Lyft gave you $100 pisses me off, had a pax put wet clothes (undergarments and a towel) on my seat, left it unusable for a couple of hours, and I had to sign off until it was fully dried. When I submitted pics and a claim, Lyft declined it.
passenger was in front with her dog.

Cdaley

I'm allergic to dog hair and explain to the rider if they have a dog when I drive up that it's not safe for us to drive off becsuse I'm alle give to dogs and my eyes will swell up and water making it unsafe for me to see hence unsafe for me to drive .

UberBlackDriverLA

I'm allergic to dog hair and explain to the rider if they have a dog when I drive up that it's not safe for us to drive off becsuse I'm alle give to dogs and my eyes will swell up and water making it unsafe for me to see hence unsafe for me to drive .
Please refer to my previous post. Allergies are NOT a valid reason to deny service to people using service animals. That may suck, but it's the law.

Jimmy Bernat

Unfortunately you just have to deal with it and it's the right thing to do.
You can unmatch that passanger from you on ride history so you don't get them again.
The problem with service animals is most are fake and it's disgusting that people do it but it's a harsh reality

Nunyabuidness

The dog has to wear a vest to be an active service dog. They are trained that while wearing the vest they are "on the clock", and are generally not recognized as service dogs without it.

MercDuke

If you get a PAX with a dog, you better just shut the eff up and take the PAX w dog. This is a great outcome! Winning! Maybe this stupid PAXhole will learn to leave the dog at home.