• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax complaining about lax cancels lol

Tedgey

This is way out of control. When you do that you're inconveniencing the passenger and STEALING FROM YOUR COLLEAGUES. Stop being so chicken. If you want to rob me, use a gun. Beat me until I give you the money. This is cowardly thievery where you're so chicken hearted you're telling yourself it's somehow the right thing to do because Uber is a bunch of total dicks dude.

For each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word.
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword

Mr Magoo

The way I see this ride share thing is, you have a car, somebody needs a ride, you decide whether or not to accept the ride by pushing that button. As a driver it should be your choice becuase YOU are the one sharing the ride, driving...that means if you refuse to accept any non surge pings that is your call, even if you go into time out for 2 minutes, fine.

The fact of it is much different, because of the threat of deactivation and the warnings, in my mind, this makes Uber an employer. We all know what that means. The only way they wouldn't be is if the driver decides what rides to take or not.

Tedgey

The way I see this ride share thing is, you have a car, somebody needs a ride, you decide whether or not to accept the ride by pushing that button. As a driver it should be your choice becuase YOU are the one sharing the ride, driving...that means if you refuse to accept any non surge pings that is your call, even if you go into time out for 2 minutes, fine.

The fact of it is much different, because of the threat of deactivation and the warnings, in my mind, this makes Uber an employer. We all know what that means. The only way they wouldn't be is if the driver decides what rides to take or not.
Where your input is greatly appreciated, you're missing the point. It's not about drivers deciding if they want a ride or not. I agree. Drivers should be able to decline pings without penalty and without fear of deactivation. We won that concession. Sort of.

And I also agree that in most cases the destination should come with the ping. But so long as it's not then drivers screening rides so that they can get all the profitable ride while the rest of us can pick up the crumbs, I'll have no sympathy for those who get deactivated for the practice.

When you hit the accept button you've agreed to do that trip. If you didn't want it, you should've kept your thumb away from the screen.

Mr Magoo

I am saying, if you hit the button you have committed to do the pick up...BUT it is your choice to hit a white button or an orange/red button. Should be NO penalties for denying to press the white button. If another driver wants to provide a ride and lose money doing so, more power to them.

Tedgey

I am saying, if you hit the button you have committed to do the pick up...BUT it is your choice to hit a white button or an orange/red button. Should be NO penalties for denying to press the white button. If another driver wants to provide a ride and lose money doing so, more power to them.
Mr. Magoo it's my duty to warn you you're about to drive off a cliff.

Preoccupation with the task at hand or a desire to not disturb the boss can never result in the disregard of a rapidly falling barometer.