• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

pax comes out right after you cancel ride 5 minutes

LA#1x3

Ya it's funny men u can be waiting 5 to 7 min as soon as u press the cancel button they pop out of somewhere. That's happened to me a couple of times and the approach is awkward, so now I drive off the street the pax suppose to come out from then cancel,
U know what's more awkwArd when u cancel and they Pop out of somewhere and they wana sit in the car but u know u canceled and it surging now so u gota tell them to reorder but it's gona cost u more this time. This really pisses them off, but hopefully teaches then a lesson request a car when ur Dame good and ready not when ur sitting on the shitter.

Last edited:

BmanFromThe6

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya it's funny men u can be waiting 5 to 7 min as soon as u press the cancel button they pop out of somewhere. That's happened to me a couple of times and the approach is awkward, so now I drive off the street the pax suppose to come out from then cancel,
U know what's more awkwArd when u cancel and the Pop out of somewhere and they wana sit in the car but u know u canceled and it surging now so u gota tell them to reorder but it's gona cost u more this time. This really pisses them off, but hopefully teaches then a lesson request a car when ur Dane good and ready not when ur sitting on the shitter.

Yeah that has happened to me before...I canceland they get in and sit...I explain to them what happened usually they are cool with who knows they probably rate me a 1 star

THIRDEYE

I had one the other day. As soon as I accept ride, pax calls me to give a location a block away. I arrive and wait 5 minutes. Pax calls again to ask if I'm having trouble finding him, in a shitty tone. I reply, no... not at all. I'm waiting at the cross streets you gave me. I could hear he was upset and said he'd walk over to me. Nope... not gonna deal with any bullshit attitude and a guaranteed 1* today. Cancel as he's walking up to my car and collect my $5.
I collected $35 in cancellation fees last week :biggrin:

coconnell11

Just confirming here. You have to select the right cancel reason (i.e. No Show) in order to collect the $5? Uber doesn't automatically cancel the ride if you've waited for 5 minutes?

ocbob2

Just confirming here. You have to select the right cancel reason (i.e. No Show) in order to collect the $5? Uber doesn't automatically cancel the ride if you've waited for 5 minutes?
You have to cancel. Go to way bill and select cancel and reason is no show. When you park and arrive, start your stopwatch on your clock app and watch the countdown To 5 minutes. Read up on this forum because I bet you are not skipping shitty rides too.

LA#1x3

Nope but just happy you put the % sign behind the number....first time! Now if you can only join the other 99.9% of the population and learn to put the $ sign in front of the number. Serious question, where did you go to school that never corrected you.
So ur telling me to type like this $5

observer

Nope but just happy you put the % sign behind the number....first time! Now if you can only join the other 99.9% of the population and learn to put the $ sign in front of the number. Serious question, where did you go to school that never corrected you?
I have always written it $1 but,

why is $1 correct and not 1$?

Written out it would be dollar one and one dollar. Which one sounds right, now?

observer

Lol I guess ur right
Look when u pronounce five 5 dollars$
It sounds like 5$ but if u say that's wrong then I gota trust u on that
Ocbob is correct, but your way sounds correct if written out. Interesting, I never realized this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yomomma Los Angeles & Orange County 2
nurburgringsf San Francisco 5
F Complaints 13