1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

pax comes out right after you cancel ride 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by BmanFromThe6, Sep 7, 2015.

1. BmanFromThe6

BmanFromThe6

Driving:
    UberX
    No greater feeling...driving away smiling looking at pax knowing you just canceled and collected $5 from them...I did this alot lately....anyone else get joy out of doing this?

2. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    Ya it's funny men u can be waiting 5 to 7 min as soon as u press the cancel button they pop out of somewhere. That's happened to me a couple of times and the approach is awkward, so now I drive off the street the pax suppose to come out from then cancel,
    U know what's more awkwArd when u cancel and they Pop out of somewhere and they wana sit in the car but u know u canceled and it surging now so u gota tell them to reorder but it's gona cost u more this time. This really pisses them off, but hopefully teaches then a lesson request a car when ur Dame good and ready not when ur sitting on the ****ter.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. BmanFromThe6

BmanFromThe6

Driving:
    UberX

Yeah that has happened to me before...I canceland they get in and sit...I explain to them what happened usually they are cool with who knows they probably rate me a 1 star

4. haji

haji

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Just make sure not accept the ping if they request again guarantee they 1* you

MulletMan and LA#1x3 like this.
  5. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    Rookie mistakes here. 1) face car towards an open street so that weird feeling of hitting a cul de sac and Pax comes out of their house and 2) doors are not locked.
    No one gets in my car until I verify name of pax through the crack of my passenger window.

6. THIRDEYE

THIRDEYE

I had one the other day. As soon as I accept ride, pax calls me to give a location a block away. I arrive and wait 5 minutes. Pax calls again to ask if I'm having trouble finding him, in a ****ty tone. I reply, no... not at all. I'm waiting at the cross streets you gave me. I could hear he was upset and said he'd walk over to me. Nope... not gonna deal with any bull**** attitude and a guaranteed 1* today. Cancel as he's walking up to my car and collect my $5.
    I collected $35 in cancellation fees last week :D

7. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I love knowing I got $4.00 instead of $2.40, and I did not get rated or have to drive anywhere.

drive to the pin, wait 5, get $5

8. Just confirming here. You have to select the right cancel reason (i.e. No Show) in order to collect the $5? Uber doesn't automatically cancel the ride if you've waited for 5 minutes?

9. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    So wait from that 5$ they only keep 1$ not the 20% also?

10. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope but just happy you put the % sign behind the number....first time! Now if you can only join the other 99.9% of the population and learn to put the $ sign in front of the number. Serious question, where did you go to school that never corrected you?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  11. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    You have to cancel. Go to way bill and select cancel and reason is no show. When you park and arrive, start your stopwatch on your clock app and watch the countdown To 5 minutes. Read up on this forum because I bet you are not skipping ****ty rides too.

12. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    So ur telling me to type like this $5

ocbob2 likes this.
  13. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    Wtf r u seriouse???

14. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    they only keep the 20%. It's just that 20% of $5 is $1. Here in Houston cancellation is $6 and we get $4.80. minimum trip we get $3.20.

LA#1x3 likes this.
  15. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol I guess ur right
    Look when u pronounce five 5 dollars$
    It sounds like 5$ but if u say that's wrong then I gota trust u on that

observer likes this.
  16. observer

observer Moderator

I have always written it $1 but,

why is $1 correct and not 1$?

Written out it would be dollar one and one dollar. Which one sounds right, now?

17. observer

observer Moderator

Ocbob is correct, but your way sounds correct if written out. Interesting, I never realized this.

18. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    some other country currency may have the $ or whatever they use after the number amount. but here in America, it's before.

$5 cancel fee = $4 actual pay
    $4 short ride = $2.40 actual pay

BOTH SUCK

19. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't ask me, it has been like that probably since it has been invented. It tells you right off the bat that you are dealing with currency.

20. observer

observer Moderator

Must be some latin grammar rule because the adjective comes before the noun.