• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax cleaned up their own puke while wasted

Have you had someone puke in your car?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Mshad

Hi, I'm new to posting but have been a avid reader for the past month or so.

So last night (New years eve) I had 2 military passengers (Army) who requested a ride from Waikiki and wanted to go to Schofield barracks; which is roughly a 25 mile, 45 minute drive. I usually prefer the longer rides as the $1.00 per mile and $0.20 per minute with UberX in Hawaii is complete BS, but what can I do. And this one wasn't even a surger either.

So after getting to their pickup location; which was set at a terrible spot, on a two lane busy street in Waikiki, I called them and asked them to walk half a block to where I was stopped at the cross-street. I gave them great directions as to which way to walk to find me with my hazards on (I pick up from that same spot often). These guys walk the opposite direction.. After 3 phone calls and 10 minutes of waiting for them to show up they finally get into my car and I start the journey to base.

For the first 10 minutes we had the usual conversation. Being experienced in driving drunks I kept checking on them. Then as we're driving on the highway the passenger seated behind my front-passenger seat starts rolling down his window in a drunk manner. I glance at him from my rear view mirror and think "Oh shit not again!" So going 60 on the highway I think fast and pull over to the shoulder and desperately search for my barf bags- which have come in handy in the past. I realize that I'm out of them (sold them to other drives). I remember that I have a paper bag and quickly pull out the paper bag that I got from the gas station out of the glove compartment box. Before I'm able to hand it to him he starts to vomit. (Thank god I have leather seats) I gave it to him and we ( The other passenger, sitting behind me and I) yell "Use the bag! Use the fùcking bag!"
He gets the majority of it in the bag (thankfully). We make sure he goes outside to make sure he's done. So after a couple of minutes of waiting on the side of the highway for him to double check, he gets back in and I start driving the remaining 20 miles. He brings the bag in with him Which I realize later. Since this was only a paper bag and not a real barf bag, it started leaking on the seats, the floor and his pants. As we are going 60 with the windows down to air it out, he realizes he still has the bag so he tries ( And I'm not kidding when I say tires) to throw it out the window.
Remember I'm doing 60 on the highway and this time of the year it's really windy in Hawaii.
So as he's trying to let go of the bag, some of the barf comes back into the car, the wind isn't being a friend.
At this point I'm pissed off, it's not even midnight (New years eve) yet. Was around 11:50. I'm thinking my night is ruined, what a way to end my year. Can't drive the other 5 hours I was planning on driving.
So I tell them about the $200 cleaning fee and that I'm willing to make them a deal. I tell them that if they help me clean up the puke and make the car spotless and pay me some cash too, that I wouldn't charge them the $200. They agree. So we drive the remaining 10 miles onto base and they direct me to a gas station on base with a heavy duty vaccume. I open the drunk pull out my febreeze, window cleaner, paper towels, water and get to cleaning and making the car rideable. After about 30 minutes of cleaning and making sure it's good enough we discuss how much cash they'd pay me so I wouldn't charge them the $200 cleaning fee. I told them last guy that did this gave me $150 (where he only gave me $100) and they agreed. So one of them went to a atm and got $160 and I told him I didn't have change so ended up getting $160 cash + $34.10 the 26 mile, none-surge fare came out to. I double and triple checked to make sure it was spotless and aired it out and suprisingly got another fare before I got off base. I worked till 5:30 am completing my 15 hours of New Years driving.

This ride thaught me to make sure to always have barf bags and febreeze and double and triple check on the pax.

D Town

I had plastic bags literally hanging at face level from the back of the driver and passenger seats just in case. Glad your New Years wasn't ruined. In the light of day after you left it for a while and got back in did you notice any lingering funk?

Mshad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had plastic bags literally hanging at face level from the back of the driver and passenger seats just in case. Glad your New Years wasn't ruined. In the light of day after you left it for a while and got back in did you notice any lingering funk?
Thankfully no. I gave about another 10 or so rides after, and those riders will never know.