Pax Cancel

tripAces

Ok so I went back and checked my dashboard.
Uber doesn't show any cancels that pax have done. I had one last night as I left Cypress. I showed up 7mins later on a 9min eta. It said arrived and I got canceled 1min later.
I log these in my log book but damn now I have no proof it even happened.
This could be a issue if ever audited to show my proof of work.

Last edited:

bigprttygrlswag

I was in the heights. Pax texted saying they were getting a ride for their siblings, to call her number. Got there in 5 min. Called twice, left a VM and texted who requested me in the first place. 10 min, no show. I cancelled Rider No Show.

Not even a minute another request down the feeder. Called - wrong number? Waiting 6 min - cancel No Show.

It seems fishy, both of them being back to back...

nowiwannabeyourdog

This publicly available statement on the driver app and uber.com help pages clearly shows false & misleading advertisement in regards to cancel fees.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 38

nowiwannabeyourdog

Sorry I'm on a roll tonite
I'm pretty sure citycounselman Kubosh who was opposed to uber from the start would be VERY interested in the cancel fee problem we the citizens of Houston are having.

James Lee

You cut off the last part. It clearly states that "please note that this policy and fee may differ in some markets". I still was receiving cancellation until last two days. They completely declined my request for cancellation fee for 5 trips and I'm guessing they are really enforcing no cancellation fee.

tripAces

This isn't about Cancel Fee's but having a record of a pax pinged me for a ride they cancelled. They only show trips I cancel on the pax. Not the other way around.

And I usually will on Sunday sit down and save a copy of all my trips from the previous week for my records.
But damn if Uber doesn't find it important to keep these types of cancels anymore.

I pay 20% a trip for them to keep a trip history for me to look at.

nowiwannabeyourdog

Worked with Kubosh on the citizens against red light cameras stood up to mayor Parker and won
It's a sleazy process but if enough people get behind it it still works
Or we can do nothing and just come on here and whine like little ***ches while uber screws everybody?

Trebor

I was in the heights. Pax texted saying they were getting a ride for their siblings, to call her number. Got there in 5 min. Called twice, left a VM and texted who requested me in the first place. 10 min, no show. I cancelled Rider No Show.

Not even a minute a nother request down the feeder. Called - wrong number? Waiting 6 min - cancel No Show.

It seems fishy, both of them being back to back...

I really hate those people who seem to not see their phone, can not even send a simple courteous text, yet requests a new Uber as soon as you cancel. I accept, and then cancel after a few minutes just to get back at them.