Pax Can Now Discreetly Report Drivers

WNYuber

Uber has every right to do all of this, and more.

I have every right to choose when and where to drive. And whom I'll pick up, as well as the right to cancel whenever I please.

Bottom line is there will be even less cars in these undesirable areas. Am already very selective. Now, will be ultra selective, and discriminatory, with respect to rideshare.

Deactivation's not a concern.

Good luck to everyone.
There's 5 people I would push that button on for "harsh braking" - it would be YOU, Shalester, Kang, Waldo, and Cold Fusion.
You guys have personally destroyed 95% of my award winning threads on this site, and this would be my revenge.

Cableguynoe

My understanding is this feature is live in the app during the ride, whereas before pax had to wait until the ride was over to report any issues, short of 911 emergencies.
But either way discreet.
Other than giving them a few minutes jump start, don’t see the problem. I can actually see them being more heartless and not worried about driver consequences when they can’t see you anymore.
If they can see my cute face, they’ll never report.

LoLo SF

But either way discreet.
Other than giving them a few minutes jump start, don’t see the problem. I can actually see them being more heartless and not worried about driver consequences when they can’t see you anymore.
If they can see my cute face, they’ll never report.
It seemed, based on my experience yesterday, that the feature is placed prominently while en route. I plan to take a ride so I can see it for myself. My feeling is Uber is persuading passengers to make complaints.

Cableguynoe

It seemed, based on my experience yesterday, that the feature is placed prominently while en route. I plan to take a ride so I can see it for myself. My feeling is Uber is persuading passengers to make complaints.
In my experience, most pax aren’t looking at their phone
/app during the ride.
In fact, they don’t look at the app since they order the ride, which is why they never know when we’ve arrived.
I feel this is a non issue.

LoLo SF

In my experience, most pax aren’t looking at their phone
/app during the ride.
In fact, they don’t look at the app since they order the ride, which is why they never know when we’ve arrived.
I feel this is a non issue.
Here in San Francisco, people live with their faces planted in their phones. You can go to a restaurant and see tables filled with people not talking to one another, but mesmerized by their devices. It's just part of the Bay Area culture.

Cableguynoe

Here in San Francisco, people live with their faces planted in their phones. You can go to a restaurant and see tables filled with people not talking to one another, but mesmerized by their devices. It's just part of the Bay Area culture.
I agree. That’s why I did the slash /app.

They are looking at their phones, but they got other things going on.
Who wants to stare at the Uber app and watch an ant move?
Post automatically merged:

Here in San Francisco,
FYI, I’m in the SF market

MiamiKid

There's 5 people I would push that button on for "harsh braking" - it would be YOU, Shalester, Kang, Waldo, and Cold Fusion.
You guys have personally destroyed 95% of my award winning threads on this site, and this would be my revenge.
LOL! 🤣

Thank you so much! Take that as a huge compliment.

To be continued......
😎

And as our favorite President would say:

"MY BUTTON IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS"!
🚀🚀

hulksmash

Uber says the feature is intended to give riders the opportunity to report inappropriate behavior during a trip, when it’s on the top of their mind, rather than at the end of the trip
This is total hogwash, eliminating barriers my ass. Theres already very little effort involved for reporting incidents after a ride. Anything short of a true emergency can wait until after a ride is over. If pax forgets or can’t be bothered to take a min to report an incident after a ride is over, it must not have been that big of a deal to begin with.

That’s why I prefer Lyft for this because pax have to make a bigger effort to report things, either by speaking to an agent or writing a detailed description. Someone with a legitimate concern will make the effort to do so. The ones just looking for free rides won’t be bothered to do so.

got a p

pax : "my driver rolled down the window after i farted, it made me feel awkward"

uber : "we will immediately deactivate the driver. would you like $100 in credit for being a snitch?"

Yeah, if they are worried about their safety in an Uber then don't take an Uber.

You have about a .000000000000001% chance of something bad happening.
after they released the numbers of bad things happening last year and after i matched it up to the total rides given, it seems you are 7 times more likely to get hit by lightning. if you can't live with those odds get ready to live with mommy for a very long time.

Plain Wrap

Let me clarify some things...

I haven't driven since 2016. I occasionally drop by when I am bored to see who is still here. Though I do not drive, I am a passenger. I take an Uber for my commute. I take an Uber whenever I do not want to deal with parking.

I have reported two drivers for safety issues. First of all, I did not know that I could do it mid-ride. The first driver 1-starred and reported was because he was on his phone, handheld, on a personal call with wife/girlfriend for the entire 20-minute trip. The second driver was because his brake were squealing. Both of these are bonafide safety concerns.

As I said, I did not know I could make these complaints mid-ride. I made the complaints after the ride was over and when I had time at the office. Also note, I never received a response from Uber. No acknowledgement or apology. Also, there was no ride credit given. Yes, Uber treats its riders like shit as well. (Lyft is even worse.)

hulksmash

Let me clarify some things...

I haven't driven since 2016. I occasionally drop by when I am bored to see who is still here. Though I do not drive, I am a passenger. I take an Uber for my commute. I take an Uber whenever I do not want to deal with parking.

I have reported two drivers for safety issues. First of all, I did not know that I could do it mid-ride. The first driver 1-starred and reported was because he was on his phone, handheld, on a personal call with wife/girlfriend for the entire 20-minute trip. The second driver was because his brake were squealing. Both of these are bonafide safety concerns.

As I said, I did not know I could make these complaints mid-ride. I made the complaints after the ride was over and when I had time at the office. Also note, I never received a response from Uber. No acknowledgement or apology. Also, there was no ride credit given. Yes, Uber treats its riders like shit as well. (Lyft is even worse.)
I don’t have a problem with these types of complaints. Your concern was important enough to you that you took the time to write in even though you were distracted by other activities in between. People with bogus complaints will only go though the effort of reporting a complaint if Uber makes it super convenient for them. For them, their only barrier to providing feedback was laziness.