Pax Can Now Discreetly Report Drivers

LADryver

b....wwwwwWHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA
HA!

(and NINE foxes!)

But we did get a 5% pay increase! When they decided their service fee would be 25% first they took it out of our existing rates but since then they raised the pay by 30 percent and then took the 25 percent. All without telling us a word.

ntcindetroit

Nobody does 40 rides/day. If you had me, for a pax, would need to "educate" you a tad. 😁
I have many fake educators as riders. Some even offer to inflate tires for me. That proves they know nothing about cars and safety. Now, with COVID19 luking around, will all pax report drivers that do not wear masks?

goneubering

thats not the only creepy new feature uber is rolling out. they are going to start audio recording every ride. at least false claims can backfire on riders.

creepy creepy violation of basic american rights going on here. uber helping the world enter the orwellian society one update at a time.

I’ve always assumed they’ve been listening to my rides. Did they officially admit they’re recording us?

everydayimubering

Recently, I've noticed riders' comments on hard-braking, etc. appearing immediately after they exit my vehicle - which tells me that they were entering their comments during the ride. In one case, it was a rider who reported on me running through amber lights - while he kept reminding me that he was late for his appointment and also pushed me to cut through a store's parking lot to avoid a traffic signal. I immediately reported on his behavior, and going forward I have vowed to report promptly on any riders that I suspect of indulging in such practices. Also, when writing to "Support" I tell them to save the rhetoric of a cut and paste response to remind me of community guidelines, etc. as I am already aware of those - after more than 15,000 rides. I tell them that the only reason I am writing is to apprise Uber management of the fact that some riders have been abusing and sabotaging Uber's rating and feedback mechanisms to the detriment of drivers.

Lute Byrt

Recently, I've noticed riders' comments on hard-braking, etc. appearing immediately after they exit my vehicle - which tells me that they were entering their comments during the ride. In one case, it was a rider who reported on me running through amber lights - while he kept reminding me that he was late for his appointment and also pushed me to cut through a store's parking lot to avoid a traffic signal. I immediately reported on his behavior, and going forward I have vowed to report promptly on any riders that I suspect of indulging in such practices. Also, when writing to "Support" I tell them to save the rhetoric of a cut and paste response to remind me of community guidelines, etc. as I am already aware of those - after more than 15,000 rides. I tell them that the only reason I am writing is to apprise Uber management of the fact that some riders have been abusing and sabotaging Uber's rating and feedback mechanisms to the detriment of drivers.
Sounds like too much to me...

Mole

Make sure you 1 star pax’s at late night or if they give you any issues. Also stay quiet don’t talk they record you and try to get free rides.

Nitedriver

again perfect answer :

I appreciate Uber adding an option to provide feedback to drivers when unsafe behavior is noticed. I would report this not because I’m a passenger looking for Uber credit, but rather because I just want to provide feedback and contribute to any overall patterns for the driver.

I’ll take it a step further — I don’t think Uber should offer riders any credit when they use this feature to report drivers, because I think that creates a counterproductive incentive to use the feature.

Even with good intentions, I fear this will only make some drivers resent their jobs even more.

Tdawg487

They do background checks on us nothing on the rider we take all the risk picking someone up in a bad neighborhood because Uber says we aren’t suppose to pick and choose our neighborhood because it’s a bad area. We have no idea who is getting in our car. They sit behind us and if we look at them we get deactivated for being stalkers or some crap. They then go and basically say we worry about our riders so we implement this. We know they don’t care about us but this really proves it.

MiamiKid

They do background checks on us nothing on the rider we take all the risk picking someone up in a bad neighborhood because Uber says we aren’t suppose to pick and choose our neighborhood because it’s a bad area. We have no idea who is getting in our car. They sit behind us and if we look at them we get deactivated for being stalkers or some crap. They then go and basically say we worry about our riders so we implement this. We know they don’t care about us but this really proves it.
Uber has every right to do all of this, and more.

I have every right to choose when and where to drive. And whom I'll pick up, as well as the right to cancel whenever I please.

Bottom line is there will be even less cars in these undesirable areas. Am already very selective. Now, will be ultra selective, and discriminatory, with respect to rideshare.

Deactivation's not a concern.

Good luck to everyone.

Cableguynoe

The more I keep seeing this title in the feature section, the more I keep thinking...

was it ever not discreet?

LoLo SF

While en route yesterday, I could hear my passengers whispering about "how your ride going" while the other one laughed saying "yeah, that's so mean". Then suddenly they became silent. All the while, the guy was thumbing away on his device. I thought to myself no, they couldn't be talking about me. My driving is impeccable, I am obeying traffic law, playing unobtrusive music and being perfectly polite. When I got home, I saw that I was wrong. Got 1-starred with a report of hard braking. It was total BS. This crap is so demoralizing.

goneubering

While en route yesterday, I could hear my passengers whispering about "how your ride going" while the other one laughed saying "yeah, that's so mean". Then suddenly they became silent. All the while, the guy was thumbing away on his device. I thought to myself no, they couldn't be talking about me. My driving is impeccable, I am obeying traffic law, playing unobtrusive music and being perfectly polite. When I got home, I saw that I was wrong. Got 1-starred with a report of hard braking. It was total BS. This crap is so demoralizing.

Hard braking? It’s ridiculous to offer riders any extra complaint options.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The more I keep seeing this title in the feature section, the more I keep thinking...

was it ever not discreet?
My understanding is this feature is live in the app during the ride, whereas before pax had to wait until the ride was over to report any issues, short of 911 emergencies.