Pax Can Now Discreetly Report Drivers

tohunt4me

Uber already had this feature. It's called a rating system.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, if they are worried about their safety in an Uber then don't take an Uber.

You have about a .000000000000001% chance of something bad happening.
The more Crap Uber pulls.

The Greater the Odds of Bad Things HAPPENING !

Disagree strongly. In the Great State of Georgia, you cannot hold your phone. Also, Uber's requirement is that the phone must be mounted.

As a driver, I follow the rules. It is 500% safer. I tell my passengers to report drivers who violate this very reasonable guideline.

As a rider, I report drivers without a phone mount. It's one less driver out there. And sometimes a free ride. Smart business.
😎
I NEVER HAD A PHONE MOUNT !
40 RIDES A DAY.

Last edited:

MiamiKid

The more Crap Uber pulls.

The Greater the Odds of Bad Things HAPPENING !

I NEVER HAD A PHONE MOUNT !
40 RIDES A DAY.
Nobody does 40 rides/day. If you had me, for a pax, would need to "educate" you a tad. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: mch

GoldenGoji

Uber has given passengers way too much power to abuse the system. Uber can't play innocent and say they believe all "community passengers" are honest people. Nope, not in the real world! These people at Uber giving out these "features" probably haven't experienced what it's like being an Uber driver, that's why they have this very naive view of a "kumbaya" style driving experience where people only use things like this for real emergencies, and not to take advantage of drivers.

Fuzzyelvis

Honestly I have & use one but rarely use just makes sense for phone to be up there

90+% of my rides are same route to airport & usually the same 9 hotels within a mile of homebase & rematches not headed to my area are cancelled,

Just beat em to the punch it's another useless feature that's security theater, every ride that hasn't been airport or didn't tip has been 1 starred and immediately requested for an unmatch yet this billion dollar super smart algo keeps sending me rides that don't go to the airport, doh cancel as I drive by should of followed the code since they didn't reply to my pretext but I didn't oh well back in bed within 5 minutes while they just wasted 10 & now have to wait another 10 minutes for a math flunkie who will work for 1 mcchicken profit or free

Wasting everyone's time why should they care eventually some idiot picks em up & they get a cut

Show details Nationwide.
I actually had a passenger tell me I should have my phone mounted so I didn't have to look down at the GPS (phone was actually on my driver's seat and I was NOT looking at it). I held the phone up and told them I'm not using the GPS because I know where I'm going. After that I would just leave it in the phone mount even if I wasn't using the GPS simply so that they wouldn't complain.

Disagree strongly. In the Great State of Georgia, you cannot hold your phone. Also, Uber's requirement is that the phone must be mounted.

As a driver, I follow the rules. It is 500% safer. I tell my passengers to report drivers who violate this very reasonable guideline.

As a rider, I report drivers without a phone mount. It's one less driver out there. And sometimes a free ride. Smart business.
😎
Nowhere is there any requirement for a phone mount.

I know most of the area I work in. I also have GPS in my car. I actually like to turn the screen off most of the time so my phone stays cooler.

If you know where you're going you don't need the phone. I do have a mount, but I rarely NEED one.

Last edited:
This is really stupid. As pointed out there is a rating system already where pax can report stuff. Adding another “complain about my driver” feature is just encouraging pax to complain about BS stuff. Now they’re also going to have to hire more support people to read though and respond to all the random pax whining. No doubt someone at Uber is working overtime trying to legitimize their job.

Cableguynoe

Uber introduces new feature to let riders ‘discreetly’ snitch on their drivers

Is your driver texting

By Andrew J. Hawkins@andyjayhawk Feb 19, 2020, 11:12am EST

Uber updated its app to let riders “discreetly” report instances that may not rise to the level of an emergency but still made them feel unsafe while on a trip. The examples that Uber gives include “harsh braking,” “inappropriate remarks,” or a driver who isn’t paying attention to the road. But I’m sure many people who use Uber can come up with a litany of ways to use this new reporting feature.

Lately, Uber has been trying to strike a balance between improving safety for riders and recognizing that drivers can be victims, too. The company recently released its first safety report, in which it disclosed that 3,045 sexual assaults occurred during Uber trips in 2018. Additionally, nine people were murdered during Uber rides, and 58 people died in auto-related crashes. Interestingly, Uber said that drivers reported being victims of assaults at roughly the same rate as riders.

View attachment 418492

View attachment 418493

View attachment 418494

View attachment 418496

Uber introduced an in-app panic button in 2018 that lets riders contact 911 at the touch of a button. But obviously, not all safety instances require calling the cops. Now, riders can subtly snitch on their drivers from right in the app. Uber says the feature is intended to give riders the opportunity to report inappropriate behavior during a trip, when it’s on the top of their mind, rather than at the end of the trip. The feature is available starting today in the US and Canada.

“By eliminating barriers to reporting safety issues, our goal is to encourage more reporting which will ultimately help make the app safer for everyone,” Uber says.

The hope, of course, is that this new feature isn’t abused by riders to report their drivers for insignificant slights, like not driving fast enough or failing to comport themselves in a way that’s expected by the rider. Riders already hold a lot of sway over drivers through the rating system. Drivers are routinely deactivated for falling below a certain level. Riders can be deactivated, too, but that happens much less frequently.

Back in the day, we had taxis and passengers — and no illusions of community. Taxis also had partitions between drivers and riders and probably for good reason. But ride-sharing companies have ushered in an era of part-time drivers, fist-bumps, and an evolving dynamic in the car that Uber is still struggling to define.

Hi I’m cableguynoe and I approve of this message.

_Tron_

The examples that Uber gives include “harsh braking,” “inappropriate remarks,”..."
Speechless.

1582259302714.png

Lute Byrt

Speechless.

View attachment 418828
"Nothing, right? Because we are so all used to bad grammar most if us didn't even notice. I am an OCD writer is the only reason I caught it."

Does anyone see the typo here.

most if us....