• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax can get a timeout too

New2This

Got a ping in downtown Bethesda at 1.8X surge. Drunk gets in, I make sure it's the right drunk. It is.

I hit start trip, see 'Gambrills MD' (near Odenton/Jessup) & internally grin ear to ear. 1.8X to Gambrills = Chaching. I ask the drunk to put his specific address in the app. He winds up canceling by accident; it was accidental, he was drunk/sloppy with the app, not malicious trying to dodge the surge. The surge had actually gone UP in this time.

He tried to reorder me, while sitting in the car. It wouldn't pick me. I took his phone and tried to do it myself. It kept picking different drivers, but not me. Baffling because he was IN MY CAR. Kept ordering and getting different drivers. I'd make a comment about some of the names; only the powers that be are allowed to make comments on names, but wow there were some interesting ones.

Finally after canceling yet again and trying to order, it put his account in a timeout for too many cancellations. Finally just said I'd take him & he could just pay me directly, as it was cold and he was drunk. He agreed

Got him there safe & sound. Told him $80. He said he appreciated it and said even though Uber doesn't do tips, he's gonna tip me. PayPals me $100.

If the app was working right, I'd have done things according to Uber protocols.

I thought it was funny that pax can get a timeout too.

Last edited:

CantThrowCantCatch

I have had that happen before.

Don't think it's a glitch just think it's somewhat of a queue system when you pass on/cancel a trip.

Last edited:

roadman

I have had that happen before.

Don't think it's a glitch just think it's somewhat of a queue system when you pass on/cancel a trip.
Sounds like the pax cancelled. They can do all kinds of things with the app but having a pax in the car and trying to ping you won't work unless you are the only one in area or set destination.

Desertrose

Got a ping in downtown Bethesda at 1.8X surge. Drunk gets in, I make sure it's the right drunk. It is.

I hit start trip, see 'Gambrills MD' (near Odenton/Jessup) & internally grin ear to ear. 1.8X to Gambrills = Chaching. I ask the drunk to put his specific address in the app. He winds up canceling by accident; it was accidental, he was drunk/sloppy with the app, not malicious trying to dodge the surge. The surge had actually gone UP in this time.

He tried to reorder me, while sitting in the car. It wouldn't pick me. I took his phone and tried to do it myself. It kept picking different drivers, but not me. Baffling because he was IN MY CAR. Kept ordering and getting different drivers. I'd make a comment about some of the names; only the powers that be are allowed to make comments on names, but wow there were some interesting ones.

Finally after canceling yet again and trying to order, it put his account in a timeout for too many cancellations. Finally just said I'd take him & he could just pay me directly, as it was cold and he was drunk. He agreed

Got him there safe & sound. Told him $80. He said he appreciated it and said even though Uber doesn't do tips, he's gonna tip me. PayPals me $100.

If the app was working right, I'd have done things according to Uber protocols.

I thought it was funny that pax can get a timeout too.
Awesome!!! What were the names? Osama, Saddam?

New2This

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome!!! What were the names? Osama, Saddam?
Not gonna be specific because I don't need another week's vacation but you're in the ballpark. Definitely not Sven, Hans and Olga.

Nah, we don't have those names here in the quiet little town of Gambrills. People would probably run for their lives lol.
I was getting the names in Bethesda.

Common names in Gambrills are Cleatus, Jim-Bob and Bubba.:biggrin:

Desertrose

Not gonna be specific because I don't need another week's vacation but you're in the ballpark. Definitely not Sven, Hans and Olga.

I was getting the names in Bethesda.

Common names in Gambrills are Cleatus, Jim-Bob and Bubba.:biggrin:
Jim-Bob, i can't stop laughing...