• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax called me after ride ended

Delsan19

So this is a first, and I need advise on whether it would do any good to report it.

I picked up two older guys at Waffle House. They were in town for meetings and had been drinking since happy hour. During the 10 minute ride they were flirting, telling me I was too pretty to be driving Uber, blah blah. I got them to their hotel and sat there another 2 minutes while they continued working on my nerves. They finally got out so I could end the ride and head home. (It was after 1 AM on Wednesday)

Anyway, I'm on the freeway, a $5 tip pops up, then a Twilio call comes in. The dude called me through the app...Said he wanted to fill my gas tank up if I wanted to come back to the hotel. I said no, I aporeciate the tip, and hung up.

I have been busy all day and just sat down long enough to think about this BS. Should I report him so he doesn't try to harass the next female driver he pings?

Delsan19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Twilio is what shows in my CALLER ID when a passenger calls. I'm assuming he hit the ”i left something in the driver's car” button.
Post automatically merged:

They don’t just “hand out” your number. Try again
Try what again?

A simple ”Yes, report it.” or ”Not worth the energy to report” would be great.

gooddolphins

So this is a first, and I need advise on whether it would do any good to report it.

I picked up two older guys at Waffle House. They were in town for meetings and had been drinking since happy hour. During the 10 minute ride they were flirting, telling me I was too pretty to be driving Uber, blah blah. I got them to their hotel and sat there another 2 minutes while they continued working on my nerves. They finally got out so I could end the ride and head home. (It was after 1 AM on Wednesday)

Anyway, I'm on the freeway, a $5 tip pops up, then a Twilio call comes in. The dude called me through the app...Said he wanted to fill my gas tank up if I wanted to come back to the hotel. I said no, I aporeciate the tip, and hung up.

I have been busy all day and just sat down long enough to think about this BS. Should I report him so he doesn't try to harass the next female driver he pings?
Why are women so skidish. Maybe he just felt sorry for you being a Uber driver and was trying to be nice. A lot of women think they look better than they actually do and a simple gesture is skewed into some kind of sexual harassment claim. If you’re gonna do Uber you need thicker skin. I’ve had women and MEN hit on me lol. Just let it roll off your shoulders and keep going.

Soldiering

Get a grip for God's sake, he just offered to fill her gas tank.
Maybe that's innuendo for you know......ejacu kinda like AB did to his trainer. I swear this world is a joke. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive

Sexual harassment is a gay drunk guy asking too feel your unit. Did I report? No! He was drunk. People get a freaking clue!

Report it.
They can tip in the app if they want to.
This is harassment.
Telling a person they are pretty is not sexual harrassment

SFOspeedracer

Try what again?

A simple ”Yes, report it.” or ”Not worth the energy to report” would be great.
I wasn’t responding directly to you, but the user I quoted. Sorry for the confusion ..

He/she stated Uber (or Lyft, whoever you were using) just hands out your number lol .. They don’t, but - some find out drivers numbers through their default voicemails that state the party they are trying to reach.

Twilio came up because they are a client API that partakes in a relay. Just think of it as the app calling and trying to connect you two, it wasn’t him calling you because he got your personal number. I’m sure you know that already though

FWIW so people stop spreading fake news - Even if a rider reports a lost item, Uber tries to connect with the correct driver and allows the rider to enter their phone number only - so the contact can be initiated through the app .. Uber doesn’t respond with “oh you lost something? Here is your drivers number ___”. That would only be a fiasco and there would be 1000x the complaints on here

Anyways reporting is up to you, if it’s still bothering you there’s nothing wrong with doing so - because it was unwanted and he didn’t actually lose an item, this at least makes some sort of record if you felt uncomfortable, I don’t know what the exchanges were in the 2 minutes you said you sat there before they got out, but at least a report gives the guy a bigger hint for the next female driver.

If a woman is showing any signs on being uncomfortable or annoyed you don’t keep pursuing, period - especially to call to ask to come back to a hotel ..

ZenUber

Maybe that's innuendo for you know......ejacu kinda like AB did to his trainer. I swear this world is a joke. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive

Sexual harassment is a gay drunk guy asking too feel your unit. Did I report? No! He was drunk. People get a freaking clue!

Telling a person they are pretty is not sexual harrassment
But abusing the uber system designed for lost item returns, in order to contact the driver for the purpose of flirting - that could be harassment. At the very least, an abuse of the system. Uber is not a dating site.

CDP

But abusing the uber system designed for lost item returns, in order to contact the driver for the purpose of flirting - that could be harassment. At the very least, an abuse of the system. Uber is not a dating site.
Abuse of the system is appropriate terminology.

sheonlydrivesdays

Sounds like they misjudged that you might consider a threesome with them or whatever... because they were drunk. If flirting like that makes you uncomfortable, pull the car over and kick them out. Or turn around and drop them back off at Waffle House. But this is pretty common drunk behavior - maybe don't drive nights and you can avoid the drunks a bit more.

gooddolphins

It took her a few minutes just to get them out of the car. Then they abused the lost item feature and called her. Yes, this is harassment. The fact that it didn’t escalate further is beside the point. Next time may have a worse ending.
So the numerous women that have hit on me driving Uber the past 4 years. Everything from coming into the bar and having a drink to inviting me in their condo to actually reaching over and kissing me on my neck while I was driving. No I didn’t report anybody cause they were DRUNK.
It’s called having thick skin. So do you think I should have reported all these women for sexual harassment?

ZenUber

It took her a few minutes just to get them out of the car. Then they abused the lost item feature and called her. Yes, this is harassment. The fact that it didn’t escalate further is beside the point. Next time may have a worse ending.
Yes.
And it sets a bad precedent across the whole uber population. It shouldn’t be tolerated. Drivers have an expectation of anonymity after the ride, except for the purpose of lost items.

Now, if uber where to add a feature where a driver could make their number available to a specific pax for personal reasons, well that would be a different story. It would be voluntary. Inadvisable, but voluntary.