pax breaks window, threatens to report me

Driver72

What the holly [email protected]#$*! I'm out about $500, and the shop won't have ready for a few days. Which means I won't be ubering (is that even a word?) until then. I've already reported him, is there anything else I can do to royally screw him over. He was long gone before the cops could show up, they said nothing they can do for me.

AJUber

tell us the story , step by step. what was said. emotions , anger ...step by step and pics or it never happened

Yuri Lygotme

all that shit you guys are taking just to make a measly $0.60 a mile.... Meanwhile I'm driving MEARS at DisneyWorld, driving around peaceful, SOBER, tourists who tip me well above 25% (got a Benjamin for a $25 fare from the Grand Floridian), and I'm not ruining my own car. Why do you people keep driving for Uber, why?

Driver72

Gets in, does not give destination, says "I'll direct you." (I hate these riders with a passion, and that automatically gets them a 1 star)
I pull straight thru first light, he gets belligerent and swears.
I stop and ask "Which way do you want to turn, is the next light okay?"
He gets out slams door, glass shatters, threatens to report. (Report what? That he damaged my car? OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I arranged to get it fixed, and already cleaned up the broken glass. First post is best I can make happen, by the time the window was broken, it was too late to get his pic.

Bob Reynolds

Gets in, does not give destination, says "I'll direct you." (I hate these riders with a passion, and that automatically gets them a 1 star)
I pull straight thru first light, he gets belligerent and swears.
I stop and ask "Which way do you want to turn, is the next light okay?"
He gets out slams door, glass shatters, threatens to report. (Report what? That he damaged my car? OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I arranged to get it fixed, and already cleaned up the broken glass. First post is best I can make happen, by the time the window was broken, it was too late to get his pic.

Never start driving until the rider provides the destination. You can tell them it is a Uber or an insurance requirement. Just don't move the car until you have the destination. It really is that simple.

Under the new Uber feature that assigns your next trip while your current trip is in process, you would not be able to receive the next trip (unless the destination has been entered) because Uber has no idea where you are going.

By the way, what is the year, make and model of your vehicle?

Driver72

Never start driving until the rider provides the destination. You can tell them it is a Uber or an insurance requirement. Just don't move the car until you have the destination. It really is that simple.

Under the new Uber feature that assigns your next trip while your current trip is in process, you would not be able to receive the next trip (unless the destination has been entered) because Uber has no idea where you are going.

By the way, what is the year, make and model of your vehicle?

Thanks for that bit of advice about telling them it is a requirement. If I get someone who says they have done it the other way before, I can say that it's a new detail.

Sly

all that shit you guys are taking just to make a measly $0.60 a mile.... Meanwhile I'm driving MEARS at DisneyWorld, driving around peaceful, SOBER, tourists who tip me well above 25% (got a Benjamin for a $25 fare from the Grand Floridian), and I'm not ruining my own car. Why do you people keep driving for Uber, why?
Will Mears let me work for 4 hours if that is all I can spare?
Will Mears not charge me vehicle rental fees if I have no fares that day?
Will Mears have a car available for me to drive if I showed up at say 10 am. Or do I have to get there at 4 to beat all the other drivers first come first serve?

Uber 1

The biggest things Uber has going for it is the super scheduling flexibility (work as much or as little as you want although that may change if there are too many drivers and you cant get pings) and no real out of pocket expenses (as in lease fees or dispatch fees).

Uber would be the ultimate money making concept that is easy to do IF they paid better.

Andy

Tom Roberts

Why doesnt Uber REQUIRE a destination when pax requests service. Also when we rate the pax is there a lag so that they can't connect the driver with the bad rating and then rate us bad in retaliation?

Bob Reynolds

Will Mears let me work for 4 hours if that is all I can spare?
Will Mears not charge me vehicle rental fees if I have no fares that day?
Will Mears have a car available for me to drive if I showed up at say 10 am. Or do I have to get there at 4 to beat all the other drivers first come first serve?

When you asked the question, I did not have the answers at that time. Now I do have the answers.

Mears will let you work 4 hours if that is all you can spare. But you still have to pay the entire shift rental on the car when you bring it back. I do take the car back early sometimes if I have made my numbers and business has slowed down.

If you take the car out, you have to pay the rental fee whether you take in 1 dollar or 1000 dollars. Mears makes their money renting cars. Drivers make their money on the fares.

Mears have cars assigned to each shift. Usually a car is available if you have reserved your time. However sometimes they do run out of cars. The first one to reserve gets the first choice of cars and they move down the list. If you want a car then reserve as early as you can. You can cancel the reservation without penalty up to 31 minutes prior to the start of the shift.

The Mollusk

He knows the answers;

If you work 4 hours you'll end up owing them money.

If you don't make your rent, you'll end up owing them money.

If you're a full time guy, you'll get a cab assigned to you. If not , you'll get your pick of the leftovers.

Tobias Eaton

You are correct: riders are given about 3 days to rate a driver, whereas drivers are required to rate the rider right away. Uber doesn't do anything without a motive for its own benefit. But, for future reference -- and Uber does not broadcast this fact -- if you rate a rider under 3 stars, you will never get his/her ride request again...even if you are the only Uber driver available, the rider's request will never come to your phone. I take advantage of this little-known feature. Your story, and the other horror stories about Uber riders, are another reason Uber should supply every driver with a dash cam.

HotRodriguez75

Before you start driving again, go to amazon.com and purchase a dual channel dash cam, which you can get a decent one for $100.

Report to Uber that you found $500 cash in the back seat on this ride, Uber will notify this PAX, PAX will call you, meet up with PAX with police or without police. If latter, be sure to break about $500 worth of his bones. Make sure your dash cam is off though. :wink:

wk1102

Uber does not broadcast this fact -- if you rate a rider under 3 stars, you will never get his/her ride request again...even if you are the only Uber driver available, the rider's request will never come to your phone.
There's a very good reason uber doesnt broadcast this, its not true.

Even if you rate them a a 1, twice you can still receive their ping. Even if you ask them to not match you, you can still get their ping.

Ive heard lyft does doesnt match people based on prior poor ratings but Uber definitely does.

Tobias Eaton

Is is true. I received an email from Uber confirming it and have NEVER received a ride request again from anyone I rated under 2 stars. Do your homework before you spout off at the mouth.