PAX blew chunks, used spotless first service for emergency cleanup

mrhits

I picked up two riders at the Fox Theatre in Oakland on Friday night around ll:50PM, they seemed fine at the time. As we are crossing the bay bridge, I hear the window open. Didn't think much of it. Then when I look back his head is out the window. It is at this moment I realize what is going on. Homeboy is blowing chunks out of the window. The interior door is covered in puke, the floor and seat were a real mess. The outside of the car was absolutely disgusting. I immediately screamed, what the @@@@ are you doing. In the heat of the moment that is all I could come up with! I mean, I knew what he was doing.

To make a long story short, I kept my cool. Even when he needed "more light" to look at his mess, so he lit his cigarette lighter and used it as a torch. (I should have tossed him over the bridge at that point...but I kept it together). I continued to the destination which was in mission terrace (ya..another 8 miles to go). When we get to the destination I let the pax out of my car and immediately rate 1 star.

I got out of the car to inspect the damage. Obviously, it was disgusting. I took pictures, then drove around the corner. (should have driven around the corner first, because semi-sober pax came out with a bucket and tried to clean up the mess..ugg). After he poured a bucket of water on the outside of the car I said..thanks and drove off.

12:00 AM: End ride and 1-star pax
12:01 AM: Call uber support
12:02 AM: Immediately connected to an agent and Explained to the agent that the pax has blown chunks all over my car. Agent credits my account $250
12:15 AM: Contacted spotless first (I found a flyer for this company at the greenlight hub). I made a 12:30 AM appointment for service in hunters point (You can go o dgo their location or they can come to you). I opted to go to them as I was only 13 minutes away.
12:28 AM: I arrived at the cleanup facility.

The site was staffed by three people. One of them I will call "the wolf" (from pulp fiction).
He assigned brain detail to "DeMarcus". Demarcus's job was to pick up all the chunks with his industrial vacuum.
There was an Asian lady whose job it was to disinfect and detail. (aka Jules)
The wolf managed the situation and ensured they got every last bit.
They were extremely thorough with their job, they got into every crack and crevice, they wore head-mounted lights, had all the right equipment.

I was truly impressed.
This mess fell into their "large" category and was the most expensive service at $150. I tipped each of them $5

1:03 AM: I roll out of the facility and turn the Uber app on.
1:05 AM: I get a ping
1:09 AM: I see the new passenger open the door, I smugly crack a smile as he gets in and sits in a seat that I knew only moments before was savagely wrecked.

Moral of the story, yes puckers suck, but there is a way out! In my mind I was thinking how am I going to clean this up, my Friday night is going to be ruined. I am thankful for spotless first, they got me back up and in business faster than I could have even hoped for.

So for any other uber drivers that get wrecked, don't fret, there is a FAST solution! :smiles:

Attachments

• Optimized-outter-chunks.jpg
    Optimized-outter-chunks.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 79
  • window_chunks_large__u98XC.jpg
    window_chunks_large__u98XC.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 61
  • window_chunks_large__oOcFv.jpg
    window_chunks_large__oOcFv.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 63
  • window_chucks_large__F4BkL.jpg
    window_chucks_large__F4BkL.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 61
  • windows_chunks_4.jpg
    windows_chunks_4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 59
  • window_chunks_6.jpg
    window_chunks_6.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Strange Fruit

I picked up two riders at the Fox Theatre in Oakland on Friday night around ll:50PM, they seemed fine at the time. As we are crossing the bay bridge, I hear the window open. Didn't think much of it. Then when I look back his head is out the window. It is at this moment I realize what is going on. Homeboy is blowing chunks out of the window. The interior door is covered in puke, the floor and seat were a real mess. The outside of the car was absolutely disgusting. I immediately screamed, what the &%[email protected]!* are you doing. In the heat of the moment that is all I could come up with! I mean, I knew what he was doing.

To make a long story short, I kept my cool. Even when he needed "more light" to look at his mess, so he lit his cigarette lighter and used it as a torch. (I should have tossed him over the bridge at that point...but I kept it together). I continued to the destination which was in mission terrace (ya..another 8 miles to go). When we get to the destination I let the pax out of my car and immediately rate 1 star.

I got out of the car to inspect the damage. Obviously, it was disgusting. I took pictures, then drove around the corner. (should have driven around the corner first, because semi-sober pax came out with a bucket and tried to clean up the mess..ugg). After he poured a bucket of water on the outside of the car I said..thanks and drove off.

12:02 AM: Immediately connected to an agent and Explained to the agent that the pax has blown chunks all over my car. Agent credits my account $250
12:15 AM: Contacted spotless first (I found a flyer for this company at the greenlight hub). I made a 12:30 AM appointment for service in hunters point (You can go o dgo their location or they can come to you). I opted to go to them as I was only 13 minutes away.

The site was staffed by three people. One of them I will call "the wolf" (from pulp fiction).
He assigned brain detail to "DeMarcus". Demarcus's job was to pick up all the chunks with his industrial vacuum.
They were extremely thorough with their job, they got into every crack and crevice, they wore head-mounted lights, had all the right equipment.

I was truly impressed.
This mess fell into their "large" category and was the most expensive service at $150. I tipped each of them $5

1:09 AM: I see the new passenger open the door, I smugly crack a smile as he gets in and sits in a seat that I knew only moments before was savagely wrecked.

Moral of the story, yes puckers suck, but there is a way out! In my mind I was thinking how am I going to clean this up, my Friday night is going to be ruined. I am thankful for spotless first, they got me back up and in business faster than I could have even hoped for.

So for any other uber drivers that get wrecked, don't fret, there is a FAST solution! :smiles:
Where's the inside picture?

Most I got was $150, never had any inside the car, but as they do it out the window, there is some on the edge of the door by the window slot. So I took a pic facing downward and say it got in the slot cuz there's something about that in the help section being worth more than just having some in the car. Still only $150.

Did you even have to send a picture while you were on the phone with support? Is this even real or is it a spotless first ad?

mrhits

Where's the inside picture?

Most I got was $150, never had any inside the car, but as they do it out the window, there is some on the edge of the door by the window slot. So I took a pic facing downward and say it got in the slot cuz there's something about that in the help section being worth more than just having some in the car. Still only $150.

Did you even have to send a picture while you were on the phone with support? Is this even real or is it a spotless first ad?

She said she would send an email, and to reply to the email with pics, but I never got an email. They made the funds available for withdrawal. I just used my credit card to pay. And no, its not an ad for spotless, I was just pleased that I could get on the road again so quickly, I thought I was going to be out of commission until the next day. I didnt have any cleaning supplies with me, and would have had to drive back to union city to do a cleanup that I really did not want to do. I gladly paid their fee, I didn't want to pocket the money myself.

Damn man just clean it urself and pocket the $150 too.

Not worth the time and disgust. I would have had to drive to union city, clean up, shower, drive back. I would have missed out on the entire Friday night / Saturday morning rush. :-(

How quickly did the $ arrive?

It was available for withdrawal a few minutes after the phone call based on the transaction in my app. Although she said it was available instantly. I did not try to take the money out, as I don't use the instant pay, I just wait for my payment once per week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170917-123653[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20170917-123653[1].jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 44

Strange Fruit

Damn, $250 with no pictures! I'll be calling from now on if it ever happens to me. Easier than my efforts at becoming a photo artist, cleverly making it look worse than it is with the window slot photo. They no longer list the various amounts for various types of mess in the help section. Wtf is wrong with Uber? It's back to arbitrariness whih only pisses people off. I got $40 a couple weeks ago for a wet spot with lemon pulp. Not bad but how do they come up with the amount?

emmhope

I know it's genuine but story comes off like an ad. wouldn't have believed it without photos lol

The Gift of Fish

I picked up two riders at the Fox Theatre in Oakland on Friday night around ll:50PM, they seemed fine at the time. As we are crossing the bay bridge, I hear the window open. Didn't think much of it. Then when I look back his head is out the window. It is at this moment I realize what is going on. Homeboy is blowing chunks out of the window. The interior door is covered in puke, the floor and seat were a real mess. The outside of the car was absolutely disgusting. I immediately screamed, what the &%[email protected]!* are you doing. In the heat of the moment that is all I could come up with! I mean, I knew what he was doing.

I was truly impressed.

That's pretty damn repugnant. Glad you made $85 out of it though.