1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax believe drivers make great money driving for Uber

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by milooo, Jan 6, 2017.

1. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Today,unfortunately,is not years ago.

2. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Also a lot of drivers brag to pax about their earnings without explaining the expenses.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  3. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You could have ended right there and saved the time calculating.

If you were someone that got sucked into Uber full time, I'm sorry. That sucks, but that's a choice you made. Life is short, don't hesitate to move on.

Part time, it's exactly what I was looking for. No one is going to get rich driving Uber, but it's a great supplement to my income. If you need it for more than to supplement your income, you did something wrong.

If you want to drive people around for money, there are better paying ways to do it.

FL_Dex likes this.
  4. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Or they have yet to realize their actual expenses as they have only beeen doing it a month or 2 and they haven't had to shell out for major mechanical work yet.

The taxi I owned... the first 100,000 miles were without major issues. After that it was something every other month until I sold that POS. And after 4 1/2 years it was toast.

I was relatively free of expenses the second year I owned/ran it. There was almost nothing beyond gas and insurance for almost an entire year. (I think just tires and front brake pads which to be honest is next to nothing).

After that is when my costs started to balloon and I started getting more days off when I had the car stuck at the Toyota garage. So I was earning less and spending more.

The second year I ran it was my most profitable and the 4th year was a real downer from all the time I was in the shop.

ABC123DEF and Shangsta like this.
  5. UberNaToo

UberNaToo Active Member

Write on...

6. UberNaToo

UberNaToo Active Member

Hey Uber people. Shhhh, both major parties are now owned by the corporations.

Think about it. 9527.jpeg

ABC123DEF and Jufkii like this.
  7. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There is a huge amount of disinformation out there. In my experience, the longer customers have been Uber customers, the more likely they are to believe the common Uber myths. They think tips are included in the fare. That usually vanishes when I go over the math with them. They think Uber drivers make a lot of money and don't want to accept that it's a sub-minimum wage job some nights. That's especially true of Pool riders.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  8. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    The math that gets people to believe me is...

How are the uber driver making more money than me when i'm charging 3-4 times as much and averaging 15% in tips and getting half the meter and i'm not even using my own car?

44648eb2f34539d9d4c7992d3f436952.jpg

9. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Just because someone isn't informed, doesn't make them stupid.

Shangsta likes this.
  10. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    UberNaToo likes this.
  11. UberNaToo

UberNaToo Active Member

I love to smash these frauds when I see their posts.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  12. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    I notice she hasn't been posting on her facebook page since May of '16. After all the ants invaded....guess there was no more 'wealth' to share. :oops:

ABC123DEF likes this.
  13. Over/Uber

Over/Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    PAX asks me if I like driving for Uber. I say it's okay, wish I could make more money at it but then don't we all want to make more at our chosen profession?

I follow that up with the car is courtesy of my wife who makes the real money as a registered nurse. Tell them I couldn't afford it on Uber money.

Usually followed up by telling them I do it as a side gig, that truck driving is my day job and I just do Uber when work is slow or there are events to take advantage of for Uber money.

I'm then the smartest guy in the car.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  14. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    You think this is something new?? This started with the emergence of larger American corporations, say around the time of the Industrial Revolution. We've all been pawns/peons/pissed on for a lot longer than just your recent lifetime.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  15. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    I'm a slave to a corporation that's a slave to the evil Disney corporation. I own it...

Disney rules Orlando with a giant white gloved fist of smiles and oppression.
    bb835aae589306614a7e34ba41e70e5d.jpg

May we all prosper as serfs in the kingdom of the rat.

Buckiemohawk, UberNaToo and Over/Uber like this.
  16. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That was my understanding as well, that Mr. Mouse doesn't take much crap.

Shangsta and ABC123DEF like this.
  17. Rvnbrk

Rvnbrk New Member

Different days and times. Part time uber driver, about 10-12 hours a week getting drunks home at 2am. Use about 2 gallons of gas per week with my prius. Getting my side hussle on.

Screenshot_20170114-122616.png Screenshot_20170114-020036.png Screenshot_20161113-025447.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  18. UberNaToo

UberNaToo Active Member

Profit-Loss1.jpg

Citizens United, supreme Court ruling made it legal. It's balls to the wall and official now. Thank me for the history lesson later.

19. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    And you think that since it wasn't "legal" previously, that legality mattered much? You have way too high of an opinion of those who have always been above the law. Thank me for the lesson in realism later.

20. UberNaToo

UberNaToo Active Member

Wow, it's so sad when people know more than you right? I could lay it all out to you but you know it all already.

Write on Uber warrior. Do your thing.

ABC123DEF likes this.