1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Pax believe drivers make great money driving for Uber

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by milooo, Jan 6, 2017.

1. milooo

milooo Member

I love that my friends think it's my fault I'm not making great (or any) money driving for Uber. They all tell me I'm doing it wrong and I should do this or that and I can make $500 to 1000 a week lol. It's sad because these friends listen to the commercials and they speak with Uber driver's in other cities when they use Uber and ask the drivers so how much do you make driving for Uber and the driver says I make $50,000 to $70,000 a year. LMAO, I tell my friends these people are full of S#!*. I say maybe drivers in NEW YORK or SAN FRANCISCO....
    So I guess if you are one of these people making $1000 a week driving please post some screen shots of your earnings for 2 3 weeks in a row, I love to be proven wrong.

2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Passengers tell me that " Uber gave you a nice car".
    These people have no idea !

3. A_Driver

A_Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had one similar to that. Pax say, "How does Uber decide what kind of car you get?" Um, they don't. This is mine. Pax says "I know, but it's, like, an Uber right?" Um, it's only an Uber when I turn in the app, and it's still mine, I paid for it. Stupid Pax don't even understand.

4. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Many drivers can post $500 earnings. Few if any will post the 1000 miles plus they drove to make that $500.

5. Ed inna Uber

Ed inna Uber New Member

The real numbers per week are:

Full Time Uber Driver Calculations in CLT:

300 miles per shift x 5 shifts per week: 1500 miles per week. Gov calculated wear and tear (let's be conservative) .12 per mile:. $180 per week.

28 miles per gallon so average of 53 gallons per week at $2.19 a gallon: $114 per week.

Obama Care Health Care: $54 per week (the second cheapest rate for single middle aged person)

$15 per week for smart phone to be able to take Uber pings.

Total so far: $363 and we haven't even factored in a $50 car payment or car insurance.

Truth is Charlotte Uber Drivers are grossing $2-4 an hour and you still gotta make rent and food payments.

$500 a week is **** since we have to foot the bill for all operation costs for our vehicles.

6. Damiannn

Damiannn Member

Not only are there plenty of people stupid enough to believe the ads, but there are also paid employees whose job it is to spread more lies to make Uber sound good. We have some in these forums. They make blatantly false claims about how amazing Uber is in relation to a known or shared problem.
    I live in a really small area so I'm lucky if I make more than $200/week, but that's not including gas/maintenance

7. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    You do know what Uber's acronym is?
    U Bet Everyone's Rich

8. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Unwaxed Bikini Edges Rule

tradedate and Kembolicous like this.
  9. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I got food from pax sometimes

Kembolicous likes this.
  10. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get food from PAX on occasion too or whats left of it on the floor that the college brats have snuck in.

11. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol tell them they do the Last Man Standing challenge: they call 30 Uber drivers to the Partner Support Center, they put you in a room with the car in the middle for 24 hours; they have all of you put one hand on the car, the other hand behind your back, and the last person to keep their hand on the car when the 24 hours are up is that Uber vehicle's new driver.

Uberon1986, Graham_DC and tohunt4me like this.
  12. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Everyone hears the ads on TV, or on the radio, and reads the press releases from Uber.

That's what they all say, you can make a bundle driving for Uber- and the cheaper the rides, the more the partners are raking it in.

Riders don't have to make sense of it, they just recognize a cheap form of transport and take advantage of it.

And if everyone is getting rich off of it, why not?

ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.
  13. Gordiano

Gordiano Active Member

This is so true. I have found that very thing to be accurate. It seems that for practically every 2 miles, I earn a$1.

As far as the other stuff, yeah, it's frustrating. So much hype and misinformation. People think we're making so much. And yet think, they do not. Simple math would tell them otherwise. What doesn't help us is that there are those among us who feed these lies.

ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.
  14. Ohpoorme

Ohpoorme Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hmm, wondering why my car smells of McD's fries! Thinking of a putting up on the headrest a plastic bag with note:
    For your trash, vomit, or tips.

15. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Rest assured you will get more vomit and trash than tips

16. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

The title of this thread me laugh...and cry :eek:

Uberon1986, ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.
  17. tohunt4me

There's a song about that,by the Doobie Brothers.
    " What a Fool Believes".

Attached Files:

Uberon1986, ABC123DEF and Kembolicous like this.
  18. tohunt4me

Attached Files:

19. tohunt4me

While surrounded by Uber Ants ?

UberMeansSuper likes this.
  20. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Almost...

They read the half true press releases from years ago...

Uberon1986, ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.