Pax are so dumb special

VaVaUber

Had one of those that not only he wasn't familiar with the building but wanted me to help him find the right entrance after arriving at the front, because his app was showing to the other side (the building had three sides) but the address was showing where Id stoped (right in the front entrance)
Really?
I gave him a jump from 3 miles away, and arrived at the front address (where map indicated) and he's to lazy to get out the car and figure it out?. Your here aren't you?the rest is your problem, not mine.
What do they want me to do?, everything for them?
Hold his hand, sing oh lord kumbaya hope we find it?
We drivers make most the effort:
When we drive to pickup
When we drive to dropoff
And in between babysit other dumb driving maniacs (like me) just to keep pax and us safe.
What more do they want?

Last edited:

nurburgringsf

Passengers have been so excruciatingly dumb lately. I had 4 no shows back to back on Sat night. Imagine how frustrating that was for me. I was so damn mad at how inconsiderate, rude, and stupid they were to put me through that. I should have cancelled and moved on after 1min but I really needed rides on Sat night and it wasn't quite bar closing hours yet...

Yesterday, some dumb broad rated 4.61 ordered a ride on Mission st outside of bloomingdales. I call her after 1min of waiting because I was getting impatient as I only needed a couple of rides left to hit the weekend quest. She says she walking and about 1min away. 5min goes by and I cancel collect the $3.75 ....

VaVaUber

Passengers have been so excruciatingly dumb lately. I had 4 no shows back to back on Sat night. Imagine how frustrating that was for me. I was so damn mad at how inconsiderate, rude, and stupid they were to put me through that. I should have cancelled and moved on after 1min but I really needed rides on Sat night and it wasn't quite bar closing hours yet...

Yesterday, some dumb broad rated 4.61 ordered a ride on Mission st outside of bloomingdales. I call her after 1min of waiting because I was getting impatient as I only needed a couple of rides left to hit the weekend quest. She says she walking and about 1min away. 5min goes by and I cancel collect the $3.75 ....
Saturday was a wild one.
Pax think they're entitled to have it their own way with drivers.
I picked up a surge pool to the airport saturday with a 4.37 pax. Arriving at pickup, he came out after a minute, asking a question if he had me waiting long enough.
I said no, that he still was under the umbrella of 2 minute waiting time.
He said (playing dumb) "oh really, for a pool it's 2 minutes? I didn't know that".
With he's rating, its obvious he's been around long enough to know this things.
I knew he was lying and playing the fool, but at the end it was a 30dll fare with a 5dll tip.

Last edited:

Strange Fruit

Pax: "Uh, I don't see you. I'm standing right here, I don't see you."
Or​
"Are they gonna charge me?"
"I hope so. It's been almost 5 minutes of my time after I drove to yr pin at yr request"
"No. It's only been like a minute." (As I keep her on the phone while watching the clock go from 4:40-5:00)
"That's not what the timer says.":smiles:57, 58, 59, call disconnected)

VaVaUber

Pax: "Uh, I don't see you. I'm standing right here, I don't see you."
Or​
"Are they gonna charge me?"
"I hope so. It's been almost 5 minutes of my time after I drove to yr pin at yr request"
"No. It's only been like a minute." (As I keep her on the phone while watching the clock go from 4:40-5:00)
"That's not what the timer says.":smiles:57, 58, 59, call disconnected)
While they're trying to figure it out on the phone with me: timer ran out and I've cancelled.
I wish I could see their faces after they go back to check the app only to realize they've been cancelled and have a big question mark on their forehead.

UberAnt39

I love the things they come out with when I tell them "No, I'm not going there tonight". After their entitled chins hit the floor, first at the thought of a gig-peasant talking back to them, then 2nd it sinks that you mean it, then... blah blah. It's a whole thread into itself.

Uberdancer

IMG_0939.JPG

CrashiusClay

I love the things they come out with when I tell them "No, I'm not going there tonight". After their entitled chins hit the floor, first at the thought of a gig-peasant talking back to them, then 2nd it sinks that you mean it, then... blah blah. It's a whole thread into itself.

I like when they do the nervous-obnoxious laugh...like I am telling a joke.

Then I repeat that I am not headed that way. "Have a good night/morning."

Usually there is a door slam.

Maybe they call me an arsehole.

Perhaps time ran out and they just paid me $5.00.

luvgurl22

Had one of those that not only he wasn't familiar with the building but wanted me to help him find the right entrance after arriving at the front, because his app was showing to the other side (the building had three sides) but the address was showing where Id stoped (right in the front entrance)
Really?
I gave him a jump from 3 miles away, and arrived at the front address (where map indicated) and he's to lazy to get out the car and figure it out?. From arriving its his problem, not mine.
What do they want me to do?, everything for them?
Hold his hand, sing oh lord kumbaya hope we find it?
We drivers make most the effort:
When we drive to pickup
When we drive to dropoff
And in between babysit other dumb driving maniacs (like me) just to keep pax and us safe.
What more do they want?
I tell ya..."common sense isn't so common anymore."

UberAnt39

I like when they do the nervous-obnoxious laugh...like I am telling a joke.

Then I repeat that I am not headed that way. "Have a good night/morning."

Usually there is a door slam.

Maybe they call me an arsehole.

Perhaps time ran out and they just paid me $5.00.
Are you letting them in the car before you let the air out of them? There's some debate on this, SRguy, Sacto & Mrwy seem to from the school of "always roll up with doors locked, check their destination and then maybe let them in".

dennis09

Are you letting them in the car before you let the air out of them? There's some debate on this, SRguy, Sacto & Mrwy seem to from the school of "always roll up with doors locked, check their destination and then maybe let them in".

Yes, I've taught my children well.

SRGuy

Letting them in is a bad strategy of you need to boot them. Cancel early and they'll get re-matched, get to their destination with minimal time lost and forget about getting cancelled. Booting them costs them a lot more time and they can get ticked off and look to direct the anger at the driver.

Last edited:

VaVaUber

Bastards!!
It took 7min (1.7miles) to be at pickup address.
Arrived, after 4min she called saying she needed 3-4 min.
I said "suuuuure".
Hang up and cancelled (collected cancellation fee).
**I just gave 11 min of my precious time and pax wasn't ready.
Call me when your ready ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZ

VaVaUber

My favorite thing to read/hear after I tell them I've arrived is "okay I just have to pay my tab "
Or " thank you, I will let him know your outside, 10 minutes later a thug smelly looking bum wannabe player shows up.
I ask him like i don't know:
what's your name?.. "Uhh, I'm *** but that's my girlfriends account"
(in my head) what?, I cant believe there's a dumb as$ person thinking a guy like this has a future with her, when he cant even afford a already cheap a$s ride.

Last edited: