• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pax are fake people

Herself

Today in the morning i did 7 trips 2 complements, 4 new 5* everything went nice awesome conversations ,my raing droped 0.4

LEAFdriver

Today in the morning I did 7 trips. 2 compliments, 4 new 5*, everything went nice awesome conversations, my rating dropped 0.4
Wtf

In my experience, I've found that 'conversations' are generally not what the pax rate you on. For me, and I hope most of my pax, driving technique, navigation and car cleanliness are probably on the top of their lists.

Try not to accelerate or brake too hard. Don't tailgate. Get into the proper turn lanes well ahead of your turns. I constantly get tips where I barely speak with the pax, beyond the greeting and goodbye at the end of the trip. But I know I was focused on the road, traffic, etc....and I think they really appreciate that.

Also, do you use a bluetooth earpiece? If the pax don't have to hear your GPS calling out every turn and red-light camera, it's much more relaxing. Also, what kind of music do you play in your car? Is your car clean and uncluttered?

As far as the water and mints debate....I barely ever offer my pax either of those unless it's a long trip. Never on trips less than 30 minutes!

So, don't put the emphasis on how great the conversation is....not all pax even WANT to talk. Just concentrate on driving as smoothly and error free as possible. Your rating will go up and stay up. :wink:

LyftRus

I try to be nice when I can, if I feel the person is a jerk overall then it's an instant 1 star, I don't mess around if I sense a tad bit of pissyness or pax didn't like something or commented something he/she didn't like that's an instant 1 star I don't around.

They are gonna regardless when they rate if they didn't like something for example, took a different route followed waze (a lot of traffic it finds best route) didn't bust a u turn for them and made them walk across (too many cars or didn't wanna get a ticket) parking a little further from pick up (because u needed to) , didn't answer their text right away or call.

Little stupid stuff like that passangers will RAP u on the rating, if I sense anything I mean anything from the passanger that they might give me a bad rating. Boom they get a 1 star and a nice explanation. Simply done. Pax don't care about ur rating they don't care about that this is ur only income and it can affect and losing ur driving ability.

Be nice when u can and start a conversation if one sparks but other than that don't kiss because of a rating ur gonna get. They will get one too! Always remember pax don't care about drivers, about the drivers risks they are taking just to give them a ride, so no point of pleasing them even for a tip. Be who u are and please when u can.

Pooooobear

Today in the morning i did 7 trips 2 complements, 4 new 5* everything went nice awesome conversations ,my raing droped 0.4
Wtf
Why talk to them? I drive Uber to get some quiet time. F those big shot wannabes! (My rating is still 4.9)

crazytown

Uber sucks
In a nutshell , surge is gone and so is any profit ..time to put on the bigboy pants and go out and get a real job...I did ..so much less stress ..making alot more money and my car will last a lot longer ..btw gas is supposed to go up to almost $3 per gallon come spring ..good luck with that

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Regarding ratings, the best advice I give is to just basically ignore them completely. It's a waste of mental energy. Of the Top 10 Things a driver should be concerned with, 1-9 are: How do I actually make $ on this POS platform?

#10 might be something along the lines of staying safe, protecting your @ss etc. Worrying about the rating system will not serve any positive interest. No one cares anymore, least of all Uber.

uber78

Guys I always give 1 star except the people who tip I give the 5. So no matter how nice is the rider if he or she don't tip @@@@ them 1 star

Last edited by a moderator:

75drive

Who gives a shit about ratings? I've found that when you don't give a shit your rating seems to get better! I agree it's irritating when you can't figure out which @@@@@@@ gave you less than five or why but who really cares! Focus more on the money! You can't pay the mortgage with 5 stars!

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelpv

Keep it on until the app doesn't match you with anyone anymore. Idk but you salty for no reason its not like they owe you a tip and noone forces you to uber. And really what difference is it going to make if you 1 or 5 * we cant even see their ratings smh.

UberEGV

This is hysterical to me. Been a perfect 5 stars since day one. Keep the car clean, ask if they like conversation or would prefer some music, and just drive.

Anyone getting poor ratings probably have chips on their shoulders that show just in their overall demeanor.

do your job, and get over yourself.

Herself

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you a new driver? The first 500 trips it'll fluctuate a bit. It levels out after that. I don't believe anybody can maintain a 5. Wouldn't worry about it. I've stay around 4.8 to 4.9. Only about 50% seem to rate at all.
Im new 250 rides around

Sickofhumams

This is hysterical to me. Been a perfect 5 stars since day one. Keep the car clean, ask if they like conversation or would prefer some music, and just drive.

Anyone getting poor ratings probably have chips on their shoulders that show just in their overall demeanor.

Hahahahhaha EVERYONE has perfect ratings for a month or so. And then the curtains go up amd u see the shi*show. I had 191 in a row my 1st few months. So, really You need to get over yourself, Pal

ZKUSHIKURIDOTO

And what do you get that I can't get with my 4.69. I've been rocking it for 2 years, never heard a word from uber. When I make money I get a, lot of 5*, no money more 4*. I only try not go below 4.6