PATH closure during weekends

Skyhakw2472

For those who drive in Hudson county. NYC trips may increase on weekends due to this.... FYI
That is some very good and useful information. Made a mental note to stay away from Hoboken on the weekends for the rest of the year. That's going to be some serious stuff and you are right, what other options do these passengers have now? They can go to WTC from Hoboken, or they can take NJT to Secaucus and transfer to Midtown direct line to get into NYC. Or they can call Uber or Lyft to get them there, wow it is going to be ridiculous for sure.

CCW

Skyhakw2472, I agree with everything u said except the Lyft part.

Lyft doesn't tell you the prime time % at the time when driver accepting a request and @ $0.86 a mile NJ Lyft rate, why would any NJ Lyft driver drives from NJ to NYC?

Slim Pete

For those who drive in Hudson county. NYC trips may increase on weekends due to this.... FYI
OK< so you basically have three lines running:

Journal Square to WTC
Hoboken to WTC
Journal Square to Hoboken

In other words, the only stop in NYC that PATH trans are going to stop at is WTC.

No PATH stops at Christopher Street, 9th, 14th, 23rd or 33rd at all. And this is from Friday night (technically Saturday early morning 12:10 AM), right untill Monday 5 AM.
So for 24 hours of Sat, 24 hrs of Sun and the first 5 hours of Monday, the only NYC stop will be WTC.

Sure, they are offering "free shuttle" all the way from WTC running along 6th avenue till 29th street, but I'm not sure how many people will want to squeeze like sardines into that, or wait in the line for that.

Here's another link:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/06/weekend_path_service_to_33rd_street_will_be_suspen.html

Skyhakw2472

Lyft doesn't tell you the prime time % at the time when driver accepting a request and @ $0.86 a mile NJ Lyft rate, why would any NJ Lyft driver drives from NJ to NYC?
I never said anything about surge or prime time. Believe me there are plenty of drivers that will take 85 or 86 cents a mile and go anywhere. Just look at the map at any given time and you will see that there are plenty and I mean plenty of drivers out there.

Skyhakw2472

Should be great for the TLC cars who won't have to deadhead to NYC.
The funny part is many of the TLC drivers would rather drive in NJ for their guarantees that they are getting. Plus the roads are not as congested and are slightly better to drive on, believe it or not lol.